Chefelf.com Night Life: OT Remake (Suggestion Checklist) - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

OT Remake (Suggestion Checklist) Come throw in your 2 cents.

#16 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

Did it really take them three years to find/rescue Han within the film's universe?
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#17 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:49 PM

They're not ready to take out the empire in one sweeping battle. It was supposed to be a suprise assassination attack. Their fleet is so small they don't stand a chance against the Imperial Fleet. They can only survive a few minutes while fighters go into the DS and take out the reactor. but "It's a traaap!"

You're right about rescuing Solo, the imperials should be camping out at Jabba's waiting for luke to show.

Could this simply be solved by having the imperial fleet drop out of hyperspace right as the millenium falcon and X-Wing warp out of Tatooine's orbit?

No, the imperials would just come blasting in an take the body by force and fry jabba on his throne if he protests. Solo's body would be in Coruscent by the emperor, waiting for Luke.

The sarlacc battle is so long and famous i wouldn't watch to touch it. If you extend the scene to them evading imperials as well...it think it would be too much.

How about this for a solution, Fett "looses" the body so the Imperials don't think Jabba has it. Therefore they leave Jabba and Fett alone. Fett then drops off Solo to Jabba for like 6 times the reward. It would solve the problem, but how do you explain it in the film?

Leia's bikini is an important part of pop culture. "I think the first boobs i ever touched were the plastic nubs on my slave-girl Leia action figure." -You can't change the status quo!

#18 User is offline   Primetime Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ May 4 2005, 11:15 AM)
Did it really take them three years to find/rescue Han within the film's universe?

I'm not sure what the elapsed time is supposed to be in the film universe: but apparently it was enough time for Luke to master his Jedi skills, for Yoda to get really sick, and for a scattered and defeated rebel alliance to galvanize an all-out assault on the Empire. And don't forget the amount of time it would take for Lando to apply for a job at Jabba's palace, interview, and pass the background test.

#19 User is offline   Primetime Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:09 PM

Yes, you're right, the rebel assault was supposed to be more of a distraction.

The more I think about it, Jabba's palace would be under Empire control before Fett even got there (ala Bespin). Pre ROTJ, I had always thought of Jabba as mysterious and cunning and mobile; kind of a Han Solo gone bad; and I always figured that somehow the trilogy would pivot on his character. The slug that we got in Lucas' version is a joke. Sure, he's a pop culture icon, but so is Pauly Shore.

The Empire overruns Jabba's hideout (I never liked the idea of a palace), and sets another trap. But Jabba and Fett make things interesting for the Empire and for Skywalker . . .

#20 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:23 PM

i like that, good thinking! Can we keep the sarlacc and the bikini somehow?

This post has been edited by Just another wretched fan: 04 May 2005 - 02:24 PM

#21 User is offline   Primetime Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Just another wretched fan @ May 4 2005, 02:23 PM)

Thanks! I'm all for Leia keeping the outfit. Then again, I'm not the one writing this thing (though I've always thought about doing so).

#22 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:33 PM

Aquaman, please give me the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't make Luke and Leia be together if I still had them as siblings. *shakes head*

QUOTE(Just another wretched fan @ May 4 2005, 02:23 PM)

""Thanks! I'm all for Leia keeping the outfit. Then again, I'm not the one writing this thing (though I've always thought about doing so).""

Leia will have the outfit sometime during the SWIU Rotj. I promise, somehow, I will put it in there.

""The Empire overruns Jabba's hideout (I never liked the idea of a palace), and sets another trap. But Jabba and Fett make things interesting for the Empire and for Skywalker . . .""

That sounds good. I like the idea of Jabba having the upper hand over the Empire at some points, especially when they come to his domain. I can try and make it where Luke and some Imperial Officials come to Jabba's hideout near the same time.

""How about this for a solution, Fett "looses" the body so the Imperials don't think Jabba has it. Therefore they leave Jabba and Fett alone. Fett then drops off Solo to Jabba for like 6 times the reward. It would solve the problem, but how do you explain it in the film?""

It could be at the beginning. For things like this that are hard to explain to readers, I find it is best to put explanations in the character's dialogue. Maybe Jabba is telling one of his bodyguards what happened, and that is how the audience finds out. Or there could just be other things, like just letting the audience read exactly how it happens.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#23 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:23 PM

SIU, I give you all the benefit of doubt that I have.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#24 User is offline   Primetime Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:44 AM

Could you please not have Yoda die off? I don't understand why he had to go. I mean, he's already lasted all those years; what's another five or ten? It was just a cheap and convenient way to stack the deck against Luke. Why don't we kill off threepio instead?

#25 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:46 PM

If Yoda doesn't die instantly, then we don't have to have Ben's chat.
That always seemed such a pat exposition... "I am Obi-Wan's pale shade... I'll just sit down and tell you everything you need to know with none of the problems of maintaining my visibility I formerly had."

Also it made Yoda's little deathbed scene meaningless - his cryptic "There is another Skywalker" gets wrapped up two minutes later... meh.

#26 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Mnesymone @ May 5 2005, 05:46 PM)
If Yoda doesn't die instantly, then we don't have to have Ben's chat.
That always seemed such a pat exposition... "I am Obi-Wan's pale shade... I'll just sit down and tell you everything you need to know with none of the problems of maintaining my visibility I formerly had."

Also it made Yoda's little deathbed scene meaningless - his cryptic "There is another Skywalker" gets wrapped up two minutes later... meh.

i can't think of a better way to do it though

#27 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:43 PM

Make Leia NOT Luke's sister! If you do, though, have Luke not realize Leia is his sister until much later when she does something near-Jedi-like. I.e., if I re-wrote ROTJ, I had have her doing some spectacular flying with the speeder-bikes, and Luke suddenly says, "She--she's the other!"

If rewrote ROTJ, I'd have Obi-Wan APOLOGIZE to Luke during the their talk, and instead of that "from a certain point of view" crap, he would simply say, "I didn't want you following in your father's past." That's a noble enough reason to lie to Luke about Anakin.

However... I noticed in that topic with the articles that Kurtz mentioned about the prequels...i.e., the "relationship between Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker..." !!!!! More proof to me that Vader was never meant to be Anakin.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size