• +

Midnight Screening Yay

#16 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ May 4 2005, 02:16 PM)
It's quite clear that you have already made up your mind that you are going to hate it, so there is absolutely no possible way you can enjoy the film. 

No, I have only made up my mind as to directing ability of GL.

I am going to see it, if only to check how GL is going to cope with continuity between OT and PT.
For the old times sake, too, I suppose.
To see if Natalie Prtoman is going to have even more garish wardrobe.
To see some cool planets and spaceships.
To forget for two hours about everything.
To dream later on how it could be improved.

I'd say these are quite legitimate reasons to enjoy the film.

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ May 4 2005, 02:16 PM)
I don't understand why 90% of the people on this forum are even going to bother seeing Revenge of the Sith.  It's quite clear that you have already made up your mind that you are going to hate it, so there is absolutely no possible way you can enjoy the film.  Rather than sitting back and accepting the fact that it is just a movie, you're going to constantly be nitpicking every single scene which you think isn't worthy of an Academy Award.

Save yourself an ulcer and don't see the movie.

firstly... i'm one of the naive 10% who still go to these thinking "maybe this one will be awsome" (a good preview for a bad film is like a hot girl with a boring personality)... i'm going with a friend who likes them. (he knows what's wrong with them, he's just chosen to ignore certain factors to reduce stress), now, i'm not going to ruin his night of excitement by being a sour sally, so i'm going to get drunk first so i'll think it rocks no matter what they throw at me...

smile.gif

secondly...It's quite clear that you have already made up your mind that you are going to love it! tongue.gif

thirdly...are you Storm from KMC?

#18 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (barend)
secondly...It's quite clear that you have already made up your mind that you are going to love it! tongue.gif

Well, I have already cheated and read the script. Some parts of the dialogue again seem weak, but their are several parts I know I will thoroughly enjoy. I'm not expecting a great film, I'm just trying to go see it with an open minded attitude.

QUOTE (barend)
thirdly...are you Storm from KMC?

I have no clue what KMC is. I've used the name Storm while playing on the Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy game servers, and also in the Eyes on Final Fantasy forums.

#19 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:42 PM

if you where, you would have, but you you didn't, so your not.

it's all good... move along, move along tongue.gif

#20 User is offline   HeckHouse Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

I'm going to a midnight showing, and no, it isn't naive to be excitied about Ep III.

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:31 AM

of course not...

lucas does know how to work the hype machine... and i hold it against no one to be a tad excited...

#22 User is offline   BinarySunset Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (barend @ May 4 2005, 09:02 PM)
firstly... i'm one of the naive 10% who still go to these thinking "maybe this one will be awsome"

Count me in that 10% as well. What can I say, I've gone to see the other five films, so I must go see this one for closure, if nothing else.

I've toyed with the idea of going to the midnight showing, but decided I'd be more open-minded if I get a good night's sleep and go see the 11am showing. tongue.gif

#23 User is offline   HeckHouse Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

Alright... So I'm more than a tad excited...

*Hides jedi costume*

#24 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:31 AM

geek.

is it just me or is the countdown timer set to australian (East coast) time.
it's 12:30am here on sunday night (mon, morning). and it actually says 2 days, 23 hours, and 30 minutes...

#25 User is offline   HeckHouse Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 15 May 2005 - 12:44 PM

I am most definitely a geek. I figure if I'm going to be at a midnight showing, I might as well be in costume.

#26 User is offline   BinarySunset Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:14 PM

I just found out I have a "SW geek" cousin. In the last 5 days he has actually managed to get tickets to a midnight showing in the suburban Philly area. I don't know how he managed it.

Then he decided to "fortify" his Sith experience by taping the Clone Wars Volume II marathon on Toon. But I digress...

Well, kudos to my "cuz" for getting the last 3 seats available in this area! laugh.gif

PS - ChefElf if you read this: I introduced my cuz to this board and he was very impressed with your articles.thumbsup.gif

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

well... just over 13 hours to go...

i asked pretty much everyone i know if they wanted to come to this and most said no....

they've all been ringing me up today to see if i have tickets....

morons...

#28 User is offline   BinarySunset Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:10 AM

Hey, I may be joining my "geek" cousin at midnight! He left me a couple messages saying someone in his "crew" backed-out, so I can join him tonight if I want to.

I'm not sure about standing in the inevitable lines for hours. As Obi-Wan said, "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing". But, the ticket is free, so... biggrin.gif

#29 User is offline   Dark_Sith Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:50 AM

I think ROTS will be awesome. I'm definitely not part of the 90% of the people here that already made up their minds, before even seeing the god damn movie. I've read the novel and the script as well. I do say that some scene's could be better. But, over all, I will definitely ejoy this film. I've been waiting for a long ass time to see this final prequel movie. I've been impressed with how the story progressed in the other two, and I'm anxious to see what happens in Sith. I'm going into the theature with an open-mind.

#30 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Dark_Sith @ May 18 2005, 10:50 AM)
I think ROTS will be awesome. I'm definitely not part of the 90% of the people here that already made up their minds, before even seeing the god damn movie ... I will definitely ejoy this film ... I'm going into the theature with an open-mind.

Au contraire, mon cherie! You are going into the movie expecting it to be good. A subtle -- yet important! -- difference.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size