• (2 Pages)
  • +

Dare me? ANH, ESB, ROTJ

#1 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:34 PM

Before you say no, I want you guys to THINK of this. Not just press the 'Conservative Fundamentalist' button and then pounce on me for even considering doing it. Alright? crying.gif Please, just listen to what I am saying. See it from my point of view.

Anywho. I've had a lot of time to think about this. Alot of time. Mostly the time I spent making the Prequel script treatment of The Clone Wars. I was thinking... maybe... if you guys would support me, if maybe, just a maybe... I could... pinch.gif ... ohmy.gif ... blush.gif *chuckles*... redo the Original Trilogy of Star Wars? DO NOT SAY NO WITHOUT THINKING! PLEASE!

For instance, I would not use Jabba in ANH... I would make the changes subtle. And if you guys wouldn't go telling on me, I would get in trouble for copyrighting anything. Changes such as: The Stormtroopers actually getting a few hits in on the main characters... perhaps Leia, Han, Chewie, or Luke getting shot. Perhaps harsher actions towards the rebels. More action. Not necessarily added scenes. And not necessarily scenes being taken away.

I can understand, if you don't want me to do this for A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. BUT... I will, no matter what, after the prequels, do it for ROTJ. The main change, being Wookies, instead of Ewoks. Any suggestions, guys?

George Lucas messed them up. Let's change them back, and then make the changes that SHOULD have been made.

This post has been edited by StarWarsIsUs: 02 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#2 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:48 PM

Its an interesting idea...
Personally i think A New Hope is unimprovable - it is a seamless film.
Empire Strikes Back can be tempered - not changed so much as refined - it does have that episodic feel between Hoth and Bespin that could be improved... a slacking of mood and flow in paces - so it could be improved by changes.
Return of the Jedi has problems - Jabba's Palace, Tatooine, Ewoks, the portrayal of the Emperor - it could do with a serious tuneup - but the fleet battle is a technical masterpiece, and Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker duelling before the Emperor is a very strong scene...
But it require patience, a delicate touch, and more than one head in the mix - we've all seen what happens when one person goes solo (Prequels, anyone?)

#3 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:01 PM

EDIT: Damn, I keep rewriting this message. $^$%

Never mind.

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 02 May 2005 - 07:15 PM

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#4 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

wholeheartedly agree.

Don't touch ANH

I'm not sure what tweaks can be made to stop the episodic feel. Honestly, I like the choppiness.

If you're going to do anything to ESB, check with the Empire Strikes Out article despondant posted.

Agreed on ROTJ, althought I don't think it needs that much work. I don't see the problem with the emperor and any of the Vader scenes.

Don't make Lando and Han generals. Neither makes any sense. Practically speaking, Han is the one with Navy Academy experience. He should be flying the falcon and leading the fighters. But hey, apparently Lando had a maneouvre in the Battle of Teneb. There are no generals in a fleet. Just Admirals. It doesn't make sense dammit! yell.gif

Jabba's palace scene was fun. You could ignore the problems. It just don't stand up under scrutiny. I think the idea of a fat slug crimelord was great though. The scene is famous around the world, just like Mos Eisley Cantina.

Wookies over Ewoks, definately. Lando dying will be interesting.

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

or perhaps we could all shove white hot pokers into our eyes and wiggle them around til we skewer our brains!

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#6 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:52 PM

Just do it. If we don't like the changes, we'll let you know.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#7 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:16 PM

More female rebels possibly? We had Leia, and there was that red haired lady who gave the boffin spy speech in ROTJ, but we didn't really see a lot of women among the rebel ranks.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#8 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:16 PM

Y'know....I'm getting so vocal these days....I always thought the Jabba character worked best when he was a human. Either way, even as a kid, thought that Jabba should've ended up helping the Rebel Alliance at the end. You see, the whole world of Lucas seems to be "...help the little rabbit on the side of the road who later gives you the key to the magic castle and save the Princess" or something like that. Point being, you can always be helped from the strangest and most unexpected sources.
It would be a great way to tie in Jabba, his vengeance on Solo and MAJOR help from the Crime Syndicate to defeat the Empire. Hell, if Lucas wanted to sugar coat the whole thing he could say the "crimes" the Hutts commited were merely things the Empire banned, like Prohibition in the 1930's for us.

At any rate I have a few changes for the Jedi too but this would be my major contribution. That and getting rid of the Ewoks...or at least making them some of the NASTIEST rodents on two legs.

-END OF LINE-

#9 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

Of course I would just like to point out that instead of any of what I proposed, they merely strangled him in cold blood.

If that was all they had to do, why not hover in a few X-wings, a Y-wing or two and the Falcon and broadcast, "Give us Solo or we will level your castle, Fat-man. You've already safeguarded Solo for us by encasing him in Carbonite so he won't be harmed when we start blasting. You have 10 seconds to comply."

Y'know?

#10 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:43 PM

good point.

Jabba has got to have a flak gun or something by his fortress. Maybe a few merc fighters to protect him. But your point is proven that Luke's plan sucked.

#11 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

Jabba showed no evidence of being able to run a galactic crime syndicate... he had minimal technology, no starships, no freighters or fighters and a physique that rather anchors him to one spot...

How could the Jabba we were shown have smuggled spice across the galaxy?

#12 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

This is excellent, for lack of a better word. I will NOT retouch on A New Hope. But, I will work minorly on ESB, and will fully redo ROTJ. I'm glad that so many people responded. You know when sometimes I ask questions that are of controversy, no one answers me, and I feel like a freaking fool. I'm glad that didn't happen this time. Alright. So, I think we got it settled. Thank you ALL for your replies. As floppydisk says, I shall do it, and see if you like it.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#13 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:19 PM

Well, you can still have the big worm Jabba (I rather like him like that), but you're right. He needs more...power, for lack of a better word. He seems more like a local opium dealer in ROTJ than an intergalactic gangsta'.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#14 User is offline   littlejerryseinfeld Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:59 PM

jedi needs a complete re-write - and it needs to include some of the things in the original script: wookies instead of ewoks, luke actually having a sister that is NOT leia, no 2nd death star - but a totally new weapon of mass destruction...etc.

go to it.

#15 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

What could be cooler than a second Death Star? How about a huge, floating dildo that shoots the Death Star ray! Yes, that's it. Put that in there.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size