Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Why does Mace kill Jango Fett? Like, what it says

#1 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:27 PM

I recently watched AOTC again. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the prequels. While obviously not classics, I do find them fairly entertaining. AOTC isn't half bad on CD because one can skip the love scenes, and the absence of Jake Lloyd makes it infinitely more enjoyable than TPM.

That said, I have trouble understanding why Mace beheaded Temuera Morrison. Now I can understand the desire to behead Morrison in real life, but it doesn’t fit in the movie somehow. Didn’t mace give obi-wan an order to capture Fett for questioning? And what’s with that strange ‘I’m an angry muthaf**8ker’ look mace gives after the execution?

#2 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:57 PM

Possible answers:

1. Samuel Jackson saw Once Were Warriors and got really pissed off.

2. Morrison gave Jackson $50 and said, "For God's sake come up with a way to get me out of this stupid movie as quickly and mercifully as possible." (But I guess he's coming back in Episode III.)

3. Lucas had just seen Julie Taymor's film of Titus Andronicus and his blood was up.

4. Lucas wanted to set up that twee "little Boba picks up his dad's head and swears revenge" shot and that was the easiest way to do it.

I vote for #4

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:32 AM

the look was for dubing over jeremy bullock.

and he killed him, 'cause it was easier than killing dokuu...

#4 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:16 PM

Thanks guys, however doesn’t it strike one as strange that the Jedi would ally themselves (no less lead) an army of clones of someone who was in the employment of their enemy - Count Dooku? Clearly Fett was an important character in unraveling the whole plot, and the Jedi know this, yet they accept the clone army seemingly without question.

Then the whole emperor going 'this is all according to plan' is just confusing. Evidently the emperor planned to have the Jedi discover Kamino via following Fett there (the reason he assigned the Jedi as Amidalas bodyguards), yet why did he then delete the records for Kamino from the archives, making it harder (and more suspicious) for the Jedi to find the planet, much less use the army?

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (ernesttomlinson @ May 1 2005, 08:57 PM)
4.  Lucas wanted to set up that twee "little Boba picks up his dad's head and swears revenge" shot and that was the easiest way to do it.

I HATE Lucas and MacCullum's idiotic insistence that Boba Fett wanted some sort of revenge. He was a friggin' bounty hunter. All he wanted was money, that's why he captured Han Solo. Not to make Luke sad as revenge for something he doesn't even know about. Killing Vader would have been more properly vengeful than making Luke upset by capturing Han. At least Vader was there that day.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#6 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

""""Thanks guys, however doesn’t it strike one as strange that the Jedi would ally themselves (no less lead) an army of clones of someone who was in the employment of their enemy - Count Dooku? Clearly Fett was an important character in unraveling the whole plot, and the Jedi know this, yet they accept the clone army seemingly without question.""""

Not sure why they would ally themselves with a clone of someone who is their sworn enemy. Maybe that was the only army they could get ahold of in time... but thats stupid, because as Helena said in her one post, the Republic should have had an army before the clone wars anyway. ITS A GALACTIC REPUBLIC! WITHOUT AN ARMY! How dumb is that?

I don't plan on watching AOTC again anytime soon. Seriously. It's embarassing when someone walks into the room and sees me watching it. Happened a few weeks back when I watched it because nothing was on TV.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:06 PM

ep3 Revenge of the Bounty Hunter

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size