• +

A Bush dynasty?

#31 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jul 16 2005, 03:18 AM)
Having re-read that Hannibalesque reply, an all-celebrity UN? I can't think of a worse thing for the world, as about 95% of the world celebrities come from either America or here. There isn't enough ways to say "Dear fuck no..."

What? These are your heros. America needs to do more, Americas not doing enough, whine whine blah blah....

#32 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:18 AM

weirdness... beyond the whole inevitable thread drift that seems to be kicking in.
Jeb may or may not be the next republican candidate - and while there was a case that Hillary Clinton would attempt a candidacy, there hasn't been much to follow that up.
From the fact that the Republicans are trying to get the 'natural-born citizen' rule cast out as an outmoded concept it's fairly obvious who an intended future candidate is - possibly not the next election, but probably soon - the Republicans are going to try and get Arnold Schwarzenegger to run for the presidency. If Jeb Bush makes a run for Presidency then there is a problem - George got in because Jeb was able to tip the Florida vote by means fair and foul - if Jeb made a run for it, who would be the Bush to have Jeb covered.
Still - if Schwarzenegger makes it, it'll make watching Demolition Man an entirely new experience again.

#33 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:50 AM

And I'll be able to tell everyone "Remember, you can't go back and not vote for him if the world gets taken over by robots."
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#34 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Racing my ship, the Millenium Falcon in the annual Kessel Run. Rescuing princesses and Jedi from the clutches of the empire. Not paying my gambling debts to Jaba. <br /><br />Shooting FIRST, and asking questions later!<br />

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jul 9 2005, 04:48 AM)
Maybe, but either way, I still don't think America will pull its head out of its ass for long enough to vote for a woman President in Mrs Clintons lifetime. I mean, a woman! Dearie me, can't have that, next they'll be letting black people run for President! wink.gif

Why? On the mere basis that she IS a WOMAN? Is that why we should vote for her, to simply have a first female president?

Would you have the Democrats vote for Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin (Yippee, an ethnic minority!) so as to have a woman president in office? Best yet, Condoleeza Rice a black woman, now that will get your gears revving..huh?

Your logic has always been flawed and quite dull. But alas, you are a chyld or at best a bloke/ laddy, or whatever you rather common British subjects call yourself.

#35 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Ham Salad @ Jul 21 2005, 08:55 AM)
Your logic has always been flawed and quite dull.  But alas, you are a chyld or at best a bloke/ laddy, or whatever you rather common British subjects call yourself.

*reins in his anti-American lines with all his might*

Et tu, Bruté. But seriously, calling me by my name, or by a colloquial term for "man", isn't exactly going to push my Angry buttons.

And as to the matter in hand, being a woman isn't a reason to vote for her, its a reason people won't vote for her. Importent differences, see? Sadly, it isn't much different over here, with the obvious (and rather rule-proving) exception of Margret Thatcher.

And James, you're still talking gobbledygook. Simple as that. When I understand you, I'll reply.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#36 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Racing my ship, the Millenium Falcon in the annual Kessel Run. Rescuing princesses and Jedi from the clutches of the empire. Not paying my gambling debts to Jaba. <br /><br />Shooting FIRST, and asking questions later!<br />

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jul 21 2005, 04:57 AM)
*reins in his anti-American lines with all his might*

And as to the matter in hand, being a woman isn't a reason to vote for her, its a reason people won't vote for her. Importent differences, see? Sadly, it isn't much different over here, with the obvious (and rather rule-proving) exception of Margret Thatcher.

No, you're wrong. Conservatives won't vote for Clinton because of her politics and shadowy maneuvering, not because she is a woman, just as Democrats and liberals won't vote for Ms. Rice because she is a neocon lacky.

p.s.-You're doing a great disservice to proud American Francis Castle! I think the androgynous Peter Pan is a more fitting British hero for you.

#37 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Ham Salad @ Jul 21 2005, 03:55 AM)
Why? On the mere basis that she IS a WOMAN?  Is that why we should vote for her, to simply have a first female president?

Would you have the Democrats vote for Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin (Yippee, an ethnic minority!) so as to have a woman president in office?  Best yet, Condoleeza Rice a black woman, now that will get your gears revving..huh?

Your logic has always been flawed and quite dull.  But alas, you are a chyld or at best a bloke/ laddy, or whatever you rather common British subjects call yourself.

Hit the nail right on the head
FYI the first woman president will be a conservative smile.gif

#38 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:25 PM

Hehe... He actually thinks there will be a female president! I'd admire your idealism except every other word out of your fingertips makes my computer sad. You're living in a farsical dreamscape with no basis in reality, man.

Salad: Can you consider Peter Pan a hero, really? And do you think of all boys as androgynous? And define "shadowy maneuvering" is that like discrediting opponents or openly threatening them, or maybe push polling and claiming that everything your lackeys have done is actually the result of the opposing side? To put it another way, does she need some soap or stitching for her shadow?

#39 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jul 21 2005, 10:25 PM)
Hehe... He actually thinks there will be a female president! I'd admire your idealism except every other word out of your fingertips makes my computer sad. You're living in a farsical dreamscape with no basis in reality, man.

Salad: Can you consider Peter Pan a hero, really? And do you think of all boys as androgynous? And define "shadowy maneuvering" is that like discrediting opponents or openly threatening them, or maybe push polling and claiming that everything your lackeys have done is actually the result of the opposing side? To put it another way, does she need some soap or stitching for her shadow?

No, not an American hero, but a hero fitting for a CHYLD. (entiendes?)

No, it's making complicated and illegal investment deals, destruction and loss of evidence, a carpetbagging Senatorial career which landed her in NY, and a sham marriage maintained out of political convenience just to name a few.

Her questionable political maneuverings need to be exposed to the light and thrust from the shadows. You can save your stitching and soap for Peter Pansy.

#40 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:30 AM

Carpetbagging? What does that mean?
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#41 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jul 22 2005, 05:30 AM)
Carpetbagging?  What does that mean?

Definition: an outsider who seeks power or success presumptuously.

It's a post-civil war era term, that has evolved to the definition above.
Clinton has familiar and political roots in Illinois and Arkansas, she made a political career in NY because she knew the liberals in NYC would elect her. That is the only reason why she is in NY, to fill a Democrat party power vacuum.

It would be like you heading over to Mississauga, Ontario from Vancouver only to get elected despite the fact that you have no roots, interests, or familiarity there. You just want a seat in government, the step to power.

#42 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:41 PM

Like every other politician out there...

#43 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jul 22 2005, 05:30 AM)
Carpetbagging?  What does that mean?

Jordan you lost your message board privileges

#44 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:24 PM

...or maybe he hasn't, y'know? Hush. Just hush.

And so we're clear, all my heroes are a thousand miles away from politics, so no calling me out on that one, kids.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#45 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

FYI the first woman president will be a conservative  smile.gif 

Yes, I assume that you have a handy time machine, and traveled into the future to find that out? Or maybe you're a psychic! tell me who will fight Seliez in the next issue of Vampire Game. Pretty please? happy.gif
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size