Chefelf.com Night Life: Bush Booed by Protesters - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Bush Booed by Protesters Saturday, January 17, 2004

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 January 2004 - 11:28 AM

Bush Booed by Protesters at Martin Luther King's Grave

President Bush visited the grave of Rev Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Atlanta to pay tribute to the civil rights leader on the 75th anniversary of his birthday. Tight security accompanying Bush's visit limited access to visitors. We go to Atlanta to speak with the Rev. James Orange. [includes transcript] President Bush visited the grave Rev Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Atlanta yesterday to pay tribute to the civil rights leader on the anniversary of his birthday. King would have been 75 years old.

Access to the historic Ebeneezer Baptist Church near the memorial site was limited due to the tight security accompanying the president's visit.

Bush was accompanied by King's widow Coretta Scott King, and sister, Christine King Farris. Protesters booed loudly at Bush as he laid a wreath at King's grave.

Bush's visit was followed by a 2,000 dollar-a-person fund-raiser in Atlanta in which he raised $2.3 million

http://www.democracy...4/01/16/1518244

I'm glad that on this very important and solemn annicersary, America can take time to acknowledge the real issue: that Bush is a dick.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:12 PM

I can't imagine why he was booed. I mean c'mon, Bush has always been such a passionate follower of Dr. King's teachings on non-violence.

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:27 PM

He should have known better. but the fact that King's family booed towards king's grave, as he was being honored by the leader of the free world says something.

#4 User is offline   tanzanianchimp Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:15 AM

bush makes me sick (i.e. :yuck: )
have any of yall read the al franken book or michael moores stuff?

#5 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 18 January 2004 - 11:17 AM

I just recently got around to reading Stupid White Men, so far so good, although I can honestly say that I've read better books in my time. For every good point that Moore makes, he makes a couple that just seem irrelevant and pointless. Still well worth the read though.

#6 User is offline   tanzanianchimp Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:38 PM

frankens book is so funny its much of an enjoyable read and it doesnt have quite as much political agenda

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 19 January 2004 - 04:43 PM

I just heard on the news that Mrs. King is calling for an end to political acrimony.

I looked it up. Seems she wants to end the "(politically) harsh or biting sharpness, especially words, manner or disposition."

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size