Chefelf.com Night Life: Why did Palpatine even have to bother - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Why did Palpatine even have to bother I don't know if you noticed, George.

#16 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:30 AM

Because he can't even steel his will.

#17 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:56 PM

Actually, re reading that first post, its nearly all based on mis remembered/incorrect things anyway.

#18 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:22 PM

I'm also somewhat amazed that the plan Palpatine came up with came off successfully for him with clockwork precision, or more accurately, I find it tough to believe that it did. The whole mess of it, from 'making' Anakin by manipulating midiclorians from across the galaxy to Tattooine, to enabling Anakin and Padme to fall in love, to the clone army makin', and then the eventual enevts that bring about the Galactic Empire. I could buy the secret order for the clone army and the later imposition of 'Order 66', but the rest seem to fall into place all too easily. Especially when you consider his plan hinged on Anakin's conversion to the Dark Side, and how he put himself at physical risk for a last minute save against Mace Windu by Anakin. Its almost as if Anakin had no free will of his own, and if that were the case, he would be without fault. I also think that its tough to swallow that Palpatine wasn't pissed off at finding Anakin/Vader in the state he was in on the edge of the volcano stream. Did he forsee this part as well? And did he perhaps want a Sith Lord with his lower region seared off so the thought of another potential love relationship in the future was out of the question? A pretty cluncky way to go about making the point. In ANH, Kenobi tells Luke that the Jedi preserved peace and justice throughout the galaxy for well over a millenia, why did Palpatine need to change the mix then and not try to subvert the Jedi order to enforcing a dictatorship by placing more agents in the council instead of one and have his will done that way? And its a no brainer they preserved peace and order since there were no other grand armies out there or threats to really change the balance of power throughout the galaxy as things were. Palpatine has unlimited power at the end of ROTS of a galaxy that's pretty much worthless under one big banner, mainly his. What did he get out of it? A few fleets of Star Destroyers, two Death Stars, and little else it seems.....

#19 User is offline   bactaOOT Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:37 PM

The Queen Amidala silly accent was enough for me. Kinda made any attempt
at political intrigue insignificant.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size