• Last »

What are you playing?

#436 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:25 AM

In my recent PC RPG craze, I've found my copy of Daggerfall, and have been playing that a whole lot. Such a great game, and kicks Morrowind's and Oblivion's ass in character development and free-formness, and size, too. I wish they'd remake it, and only moderately change the engine a little bit so as to modernize it and make it less awkward, but keep the depth, the difficulty, the atmosphere, the grittiness, the size, the everything. Just make it a little shinier, easier to use, and less buggy. None of this dumbing down and simplifying that you did for Oblivion so that you could sell it on the Xbox and to a larger crowd. Speaking of Oblivion, I beat it earlier today. Lackluster reward for beating it, but the ending's kinda cool, and Sean Bean is Martin. biggrin.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#437 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:52 AM

"Sean Bean?" Is that supposed to be cute, because "Sean" is definitely pronounced "Shawn" and wouldn't rhyme with "Bean" unless for some reason you also pronounced that "Bawn." ...

Aaanyway, I've been playing Oblivion a little, and I like it, but I can't get very far since I have very little time for it (and it's my friend's Xbox360 - he let me borrow it for a couple days and then took it back. I'm sure I can get him to let me borrow it again, but for now I don't need the distraction).

Also, I played almost all the way through Dead Rising. It's a short game, but they try to make up for it by giving you more than one story line, so you can beat it several times and have a different game play and a different ending each time. I wasn't all too interested in doing anything that gave it a story, though, except for sometimes it was cool to take pictures. All I liked to do was go around finding violent ways to kill lots of zombies at once, like running them over with a lawn mower or shopping cart, or hacking away with a battle axe. Now that's a good stress reliever!
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#438 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

Sean is the Irish way of saying it. A girl in my class at primary school(named, sterotypically Siobhan)had a brother named Sean, so I consider it quite normal.

Ever since I got my new computer, I've been playing Oblivion. I'm level 30 now, and have done bugger all of the main quest line. I haven't played Daggerfall yet, as my old computer was too fast to run it, but not fast enough to run dosbox to emulate it. But after I'm finished with Oblivion, I'll give it another shot.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#439 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

Do you mean making it rhyme with "bean" is the Irish way of saying it? Cuz it's an Irish name, and it's definitely pronounced "Shawn" in the Irish language... tongue.gif

Oh, and I'm taking donations: If anyone wants to contribute to the Buy Spoon a New Computer That Is Oblivion-Compatible Foundation, please let me know. We're only $500 short of our goal!

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 01 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#440 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:50 PM

Has anyone ever played Betrayal at Krondor? I recently dug it out of my little museum of ancient floppy disks and I have been playing it on DosBox. Great RPG, in my opinion.
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#441 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:08 AM

Always meant to play it, never got around to it. I think I read the book instead, as that was easier to aquire at the time.

And Sean is pronounced the same as Shawn, there is no rhyming.

I'd love to donate, but I keep getting cleaned out by the "Keep Simon's car on the road" charity. Donations would be appreciated tongue.gif
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#442 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:57 PM

Aww... I wish I could donate, Spoon. Sean Bean is not supposed to be cute. It's just his name, and due to the oddities of language, has a first and last name that differ by one letter.

He's the good guy who always gets killed in movies. He was Boromir in LotR (a good guy, just too human to stand being in the Ring's presence), was the Cleric that is killed near the beginning of Equilibrium, Martin Septim in Oblivion, aaaand, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Praise be to Akatosh, Dragon God of Time! Honestly, I just think he has a cool name. tongue.gif

#443 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:16 AM

Thanks Slade, I'm half way through the main quest of Oblivion atm. Though you weren't to know, I guess, so I can't hold it against you. It's amazing how I can manage to keep spoiler free for months whilst all my friends are playing it, and by complete bad luck get things spoiled at the 11th hour. Same thing happend with the latest Harry Potter book, strangely enough.

#444 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:19 AM

I was just about to say the same thing. Thank you very much, Mr. Slade. dry.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#445 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Sep 4 2006, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Always meant to play it, never got around to it. I think I read the book instead, as that was easier to aquire at the time.

I don't think so, as the book Krondor - The Betrayal didn't come out till around 1999-2000ish (as far as I can remember), while the game was made in 1993. Y'all can download these great games from www.abandonia.com by the way.

#446 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:11 AM

True, but I hadn't heard of the author in 1993. Actually, back then all I had was an amiga.

#447 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:37 AM

With myself.

Going to keep on playing the Sims when I get my mouse back OR go do some Fallouting wub.gif

#448 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

Come now Icey, Fallout should be an easy win there. Though who am I to tell you to stop playing with yourself?

#449 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

Concerning spoilers: Sorry guys. I didn't think it was much of a spoiler since it's the very first quest you get, and there aren't really any surprises in the quest-line. Some of the stuff the badguy says are rather thought-provoking for the Elder Scrolls mythos, though.

Icey: Can you let us know where we can get a copy of you to play? tongue.gif

#450 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:42 PM

To hell with it.

Bjartahlíð 16
270 Mosfellsbær
Iceland

I'm usually at work between 12-6 PM

If I'm not at home, you can reach me on my cell +354 845-8306

• (41 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply