• « First
  • Last »

What are you playing?

#346 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:48 AM

oblivion is march 20th if i am not mistaken.

#347 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:21 PM

I've started playing Final Fantasy 3... again. I don't know why but I can never finish this game. Real life always puts my gaming marathon on hold and when I come back all my steam is lost and I just start at the beginning again. Farthest I got was going to the empire for the first time.

But it just shows that this is a damned great game if I can sit through the beginning for about 4 times and not be bored to tears.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#348 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:20 AM

The NES Final Fantasy III or the SNES Final Fantasy III (sometimes labeled wrong, as it really is VI)?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#349 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:42 AM

I think it has to do with the American releases, as the first games were never published there. Final Fantasy IV was the third released outside of Japan, hence it is sometimes refered to as Final Fantasy III.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#350 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:04 PM

Or, Final Fantasy Legends III for the original gameboy. It was the best Final Fantasy game I've ever played.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#351 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:23 PM

Hmm... the best Final Fantasy game I've ever played... let's see... V was nice...

VI was really good and made me cry two times. First, when Celes Chere's friend/unrelated relative died. Second, when I found out how he could be saved. DARN IT! I'VE BEEN CRYING MY EYES OUT BECAUSE THAT BASTARD PASSED AWAY AND THEN THAT BLOODY GAME POKES ME IN THE EYE SAYING "Oh look, it's actually sooo easy. Just feed him some fish and he'll survive." ... I felt guilty after that.

VII was awesome. I think that's my absolute favorite. It had it all.

VIII was great. Lacked some things here and there, but made up for them with the ending.

IX - not worth mentioning. Crap³².

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#352 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:49 AM

I was playing V recently and really getting into it, but I got up to X-Death on Galuf's world, and realised that there's no way I can win that fight. He just wipes the floor with me.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#353 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:49 AM

I stopped playing Monster Hunter. I died too many times.

Moving on to Animal Crossing : Wild World.
( You can't die in THAT game. tongue.gif )

This post has been edited by looktothesky: 20 February 2006 - 08:49 AM

PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#354 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:17 AM

Well, you can if some bastard erases your save game tongue.gif

#355 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:51 AM

VIII was trite, trivial rehash, and exactly like that past 2 Final Fantasy games were. You could almost see the whiney emo drip off of that whiney Squall, too. It broke the self-reference and cliche barrier and then kept going.

I beat Metroid: Zero Mission recently. FANTASTIC remake of the classic (and fairly horrible, all things considered) Metroid. Just like a Metroid game should be, really, and then they throw in the most kickass sequence in the games yet (I'm not spoiling it). I'm going for 100% on hard, and then I think I'll be done.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#356 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:12 AM

Yeah, the story elements of VIII were absurd at most points. Like when they just barely find out that they were all orfans at Freaking Cids orfanarian. If GF's really did do that to your memory than you'd think that SOMEONE would say something about it. I mean damn! My suspension of disbelief snapped so hard I got whiplash.

But the mechanics of the game were quite fun if you knew the in's and out's of it. Like staying as low a level as possable, sucking spells out of monsters through a straw whenever you find a new spell, junctioning every goddamned thing possable. It was quite inspired. Almost abolished leveling grind and was quite fun if you know how to bend the rules like bamboo.

Edit: Yeah, I'm playing the SNES FF, the one with TERRA, CELES, Espers and the gang. It's quite good, I'm just getting to the opera scene myself.

This post has been edited by Kirby: 21 February 2006 - 01:14 AM

The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#357 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:00 AM

I loved the opera scene... because of a certain octcopus. ("Looks awfully familiar, don't you think?") That game was really something else... plus I was really about to hang myself when the whole world colli- oh damn, I'm spoiling it again. Anyways, VIII had some weak/weird/both characters and the storyline isn't worth mentioning, but the action and the movies made up for it, in my oppinion. I just used Squall as the super-soldier that he was, everyone else was only supporting him. He beat up the ultima weapon single handedly.

#358 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:40 PM

Agreed; Zero Mission is an awesome game. Beats the hell out of Fusion, IMO.

I've recently been playing through System Shock 2 on Impossible difficulty. It's pretty hard, ammo is more limited than ever. If you haven't played System Shock 2, head over to HOTU and get it. Now.

Also, I'm thinking about getting that Resident Evil remake for DS. Sure, Resident Evil is a sorry excuse for a horror game, but still, the thought of blasting crimson heads while riding on a bus just makes me feel good inside.

Why are you still reading this? You should be over at HOTU downloading System Shock 2.
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#359 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

Half Life 2

#360 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:46 PM

Half Life 2 is the most overrated game ever. Sure, it's fun and it's definitely a great game, but best game ever? I think most people who reviewed it liked it so much because they were nostalgic about the first one.

Or maybe I've just been spioled by Deus Ex and Worms tongue.gif

QUOTE ("Zewb")
Agreed; Zero Mission is an awesome game. Beats the hell out of Fusion, IMO.

Not sure who you're agreeing with, but both Zero Mission and Fusion were amazing, but Fusion doesn't get as high a grade from me because it's way too short, especially for a Metroid game.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

• (41 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size