• Last »

What are you playing?

#196 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:59 PM

you might be in serious trouble, that was one very addicting game.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#197 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:27 PM

Just got Mechwarrior 2 from my brother-in-law. Now I'm just fiddling around with the settings trying to get it to work.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#198 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:58 AM

That was a lot of fun. Long Live Jade Falcon.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#199 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Sep 25 2005, 07:05 PM)
My sister got a burned copy of Roller Coaster Tycoon from her friend.

Help me...

Muahahahahahaha! You're screwed, mang. And how do I get people to follow me in Fable? They're all afraid of me. >< Though it's really funny tapdancing and having people flee in terror. biggrin.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#200 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Sep 25 2005, 10:59 PM)
you might be in serious trouble, that was one very addicting game.

Surprisingly, it's not as addicting as it was last time. I was actually waking up early to play it before I went to school. That's what you call addicting. I've actually been playing it for an hour or two at a time, then realizing I build suckey coasters when I'm tired.

I'm going to try to get the expansion packs, which, as I remember, were quite good.

QUOTE (Kirby @ Sep 26 2005, 12:27 AM)
Just got Mechwarrior 2 from my brother-in-law. Now I'm just fiddling around with the settings trying to get it to work.

You know about compatibility mode, right? Right-click on it's desktop icon, click the properties tab, and you can run it in compatibility mode. Not sure if it works all the time, but I figured I'd pass the info along.

Maybe I should re-install that game, it's been a while since I played it.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#201 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:38 PM

I'm on Fall Break right now, which has been consumed by RCT. I'm also playing Halo over again. Shotgunning down the Flood is simply too much fun and should be made illegal.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#202 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:57 PM

You know about compatibility mode, right? Right-click on it's desktop icon, click the properties tab, and you can run it in compatibility mode. Not sure if it works all the time, but I figured I'd pass the info along.

Yes I know, the thing is that the main menu screen's graphics don't work quite properly. The best way I can explain it is, it's sort of like trying to watching scrambled cable. It works properly, I can exit and such... sorta. When I try and start the game it just blinks out.

I'll try and re-install it but I'm thinking it won't do much help.

God I hate my computer, a tv sitting on top of a typewriter would work better.

TALES OF INTEREST.

#203 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:32 AM

Incidently Kirbs, it's not a pre-packaged version you have is it? I.E. the one give away with virtually every 3d graphics card under the sun at one point.

If so it only tends to work with the original graphics card.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#204 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:19 AM

Yeah, pre-packaged (as in original from the box right?). I did get it to work under dos-box... again somewhat. I got the main menu fixed. Now when I try and make a new guy it just freezes. God damn, with this game if it's not one thing it's another.

Well sod that I just got a copy of 'Temple of Elemental Evil" I have no idea what's going on but it is a load of fun.

TALES OF INTEREST.

#205 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:28 AM

I spent about an hour making a party, fitting them out just the way I wanted them, got into the game, did the little intro bit, then started playing. First battle a giant frog eats my entire party whilst I can't do anything in responce. Bloody low level characters, can't do shit. I lost interest very quickly.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#206 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:48 AM

Meh, here we go again... TOEE is more like one of the classic D&D DM adventure books you used to buy (the ones that came with predrawn maps, handouts, and other adventure inforrmation). It does get very linear, very dull, and very frustrating.

Spells look nice though.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#207 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:58 PM

But... but it IS a classic D&D DM adventure book you used to buy.

Sure it does have fetch quest up the wazoo when you start out and is clearly crap next to the pen and paper version but hey, I havent found a stable table top-top gaming group in weeks and I'll be damned if it doesn't scratch that itch.

TALES OF INTEREST.

#208 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

My guys are level 7ish, I think, maybe 8. I resorted to lots of saves at first, and then discovered that resting in the wilderness is a really easy way to spawn lots of mobs to kill for xp. My Slade character in my party is an elf, primarily rogue, but level 2 fighter for scythe profficiency. It's great fun sneaking up behind a mob and using a stealth attack on it with a scythe.

I hate level caps.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#209 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:27 AM

Same. Just when things are getting interesting, and your finally strong enough to attack something a bit more interesting then a goblin or kobold. I hate goblins and kobolds.

#210 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

Meh, virtually all games have a level cap. It's just normally at some stupid level and they raise the power of the monsters\give them instant death powers to compensate. 'sides, when every single enemy you meet is a arch-lich dragon or a 36th level warlock, they get almost as dull as the goblins.

Except that you S'n'R more due to the instadeath.

EDIT:-
Playing morrowind again, 4 hours in and I've already aquired items to constantly restore stamina and health. All I need now are the boots of blinding speed and I'm away.

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 11 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

IPB Image

• (41 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size