Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Would you? 6 movie launch marathon.

#16 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:41 AM

A collection of the Christopher Guest movies would be good, they're all around ninety minutes long. This is Spinal Tap, Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show and A Mighty Wind. Plus, Harry Sherer's "Teddy Bears' Picnic" (which I have Not seen.) Any grouping of those.

The day ESB opened near, a bud and I went to the first two screenings (it only played on one screen at a time if you can believe that.) We bought tickets to both showings to ensure they wouldn't throw us out. That's about as long as I'd want to sit in a movie theater.

Incidentally, the evolution of the cinema chair has evolved nicely.

#17 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:12 PM

I thought about doing that for the entire EE of teh LotR series, but cripes, I would be at 12 hours for just 3 films...the entire SW saga is not much longer than that. sick.gif

#18 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:33 PM

Attempted the LOTR one myself whn Return of the king came out. Unfortunately I left the cinema for a cigarette half way through and they wouldn't let me back in.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#19 User is offline   Nicholas_Skywalker Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:29 AM

If they did show them at a cinema near me I probly would go to see them but I doubt it will happen. Im planning to watch all 6 in a row though on dvd so it should be exellent. I think you will have to to fully understand the story.

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:31 PM

to fully understand the story? If I knew then (before SEs) what I know now I wouldn't want to know. Yet I'm going to see the movie, even though I'd rather the alternative.

It is all about money.

#21 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:50 PM

I would never sit through even two movies, not to mention six. I noticed that DVD at home spoilt me rotten. I can just skip the dragging moments without even bothering about worn tape. I could not even sit through the whole ESB on DVD (maybe because I have seen it like eight times in cinema).

#22 User is offline   Nicholas_Skywalker Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:08 AM

I hope they all do come out at a marathon at the cinemas because i never got to see the OT there because I was never born. And ive told thats the true way to see it. Ive seen aotc at the cinema's though and im going to see episode III there. I also didnt get to see episode I so I wouldnt be seeying 5 movies for the first time at the cinemas.

#23 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Nicholas_Skywalker @ Apr 29 2005, 06:08 AM)
...because I was never born.

Dude, that sucks.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size