Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Would you? 6 movie launch marathon.

#1 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:37 AM

Hypothetically speaking here, assuming you have the nessecary funds, the time off your 9-5. live in blighty, and you're prepared to stay up late to book tickets:

London premiere.

The way I see it at the very worst it's a chance to see the OT in style, and if the third movie sucks, you might geet a chance to take a swing for Lucas.....
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:04 AM

See, I'm not sure. That's a lot of time to commit to being in the theatre. When I was 15 or 16 a theater in Boston showed the complete trilogy all in an afternoon. We went to that. It was fun and cool to see it but by ROTJ I was starting to get a little restless. 7-8 hours is a LONG time to spend in a theater.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:19 AM

I've stated a million times on this forum that I'll be doing a movie marathon... but I'll be doing it in my own home. Seeing that movie theaters over here don't do that sort of thing... and because of the fact that I have every Star Wars movie except the 3rd, but I'll be getting it as soon as it is out.

#4 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:32 AM

Y'see I caught between the whole 'I hate you Lucas' and the 'but it's starwars' parts of my life. It's a long time, but I been thinking that it'd be a good way to finish off a part of my childhood, and at the very worst I get to see the movie a day early.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#5 User is offline   Galactic-Conquest Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:20 AM

i would agree
starwars marathons would be better in your own home rather than quite afew hours in a cinema.

#6 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:21 PM

i would agree

starwars marathons would be better in your own home rather than quite afew hours in a cinema.

I'll be getting buckets full of junk food and lots of drinks. Also, if I need a rest for some reason, I can afford to pause the movies for a while.

But then again, it wouldn't be a marathon if you took breaks... for would it?

#7 User is offline   BinarySunset Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:42 PM

I'm caught between the whole 'I hate you Lucas' and the 'but it's starwars' parts of my life. It's a long time, but I been thinking that it'd be a good way to finish off a part of my childhood...

ITA!! Plus, I haven't gotten to England, yet, so I'd love to go to a new and different place, see & experience new things, and have the warm-fuzzy-feeling of my old friend, Star Wars!

But rest assured, once Ep III comes to dvd, I too will be having my own "in home marathon", featuring the OOT, of course. wink.gif

#8 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:17 PM

I've tried movie marathons before, all when I was much younger. When I was in college in 1994 I went to see back-to-back screenings of all three BACK TO THE FUTURE movies in 16 mm at the on-campus theatre; I got through but even so my senses were reeling by the end of the third movie. Also did an Indiana Jones marathon. Also, occasionally, some friends of mine and I would rent a bunch of videotapes and try to watch them all in a row. We got up to four one night. I can't remember all of them...one of them was CHARIOTS OF FIRE...the last one was ROBOCOP II (ugh)...that's all I can remember.

I don't think I could pull a stunt like that today without the aid of massive doses of amphetamine.

#9 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

I wouldn't want to sit through that type of marathon. I couldn't stand seeing Episodes I and II ever again. That would be horrible torment (but not as horrible as the Holiday Special by the sounds of things).

However, one interesting thing is that if any of you guys doubt Return of the Jedi's inferiority to its predecessors, this will become VERY clear to you if you do a marathon viewing of the original trilogy.

#10 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:28 PM

That's why I'd kinda like to put everything into perspective, watch the whole series maybe fall asleep during the battle of Endor and wake up in time for EP III.), and put an end to it, one way or the other. Might as well go out in style.
IPB Image

#11 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:32 PM

i did the LOTR marathon in a cinema....

10 hours of junkfood, thrombosis, tears, and fun!!!

#12 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

Now THAT would be a marathon worth doing!

#13 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:59 AM

Those planetarium theatres have seats that lie flat. I'd be in.

#14 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:22 AM

MArathons I'd like to see:

The Karate Kid - Those movies play better together than most people think. Plus the total running time would be only 4.5 hours.

Back to the Future - ernesttomlinson's BTTF marathon sounds good to me.

The only marathon I've seen in the theater was the Star Wars OT in the early 90's. It was fun but I think I"m still gonna say I'd rather watch at home. I feel like I'm always fighting a losing battle with my bladder whenever I go to the theater even if I have nothing to drink. sad.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#15 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:30 AM

A back to the future marathon sounds OK... I liked the BTTF movies, even though its been a very long time since I last watched any of them.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size