• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

THE NEW POPE great resume'

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:35 AM

i hesitate to bring this up, as some sick idiot with a hitler obsession will no doubt fill it with pictures...

but given that the last pope was polish, does anyone think it's a bit wierd that out of the selection, they picked a guy who had been in the Hitlerjudend (Hitler youth)?
He was also in the Nazi-german army (which he reasures us he deserted... in 1945).

they call this guy 'God's Pitbull' because he's agressivley strict about the catholic doctrine (which isn't all that strict with the biblical doctrine- but let's not go there).

and now that some one younger and more coherent is at the helm of the worlds most powerfully financial and political group...

is anyone else a little scared? sad.gif

at least they didn't pick the child molesterer guy who was at the funeral...

This post has been edited by barend: 20 April 2005 - 12:36 AM

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:52 AM

I personally would much rather see Pope Yahtzee at the helm.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:29 AM

i'd settle for slade.

#4 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:02 AM

W00t! Barend's vote counts more than enough!

My first decree is thusly: All religions are cool. We all worship the same God, though we may call Him by various names. The important thing is that we worship, not how.

My second decree is this: The Bible is not literal! It was built off of the ability to be interpereted to adapt to changing times, not to be a hinderance to them! Accept the past, but do not let yourselves be ruled by it!

Thirdly: We must unite not as people of faith, but as humanity to stop ignorance and prejudice where it starts: hot dog concession stands.

I, as the messenger of God on Earth, have spoken.

This post has been edited by Slade: 20 April 2005 - 02:02 AM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:40 AM

Extra Extra read all about it Slade declared Chefelflic pope!

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#6 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:54 AM

and to think, only yesterday morning I was thinking "you know, what the world really needs right now is more extreme right wing, backwards thinking zealots in positions of power".

and now this! all my prayers have been answered. Undeniable proof of Gods existance, i'm sure you'll agree.

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:49 AM

Hey now Slade may be a bit of a pirate.gif now and then but... Oh I see, yes yes thats definately not good.

What gets me is the pundits were talking about all the great possibilities of how with the number of foreign cardinals this pope could come from a continent besides Europe and have a different background. So much for that!

#8 User is offline   thrawn Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Star Wars, and all that is Nazi

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:03 AM

You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

May God Bless Pope Benedict XVI and guide him through these hard times of sodomy, corruption, and immorality.
Finally a conservative Pope that will surly keep the Faith in line as it should be and uphold the sacred traditions of the past. I myself am a Catholic, and this is most splended news.
Its always funny to hear liberal homosexual wackjob "catholics" complain about how "conservative dooms the church", when its modernism and relativism which has driven so many people away from it, people dont like being told there is absolute truth, and that sometimes they may be wrong. Relativism makes everyone their own God.

I too am scared, scared that he will not live to fulfill his duties since he is 78.

they picked a guy who had been in the Hitlerjudend (Hitler youth)?
He was also in the Nazi-german army (which he reasures us he deserted... in 1945).

I guess youve yet again been absorbed with Jewish propaganda and the media about the negatives of this new Pope.
And this is were your lack of knowledge on the subject fails you. During Nazi Germany every young person was obliged to be in the Hitler youth. You had to go, if not forced by parents then by fellow peers. Many Jews were also in the Hitler Youth either hidden amongst the crowd, or not yet aware of their future fate. If you see the SBS documentry "Hitler's Children" it will tell you how it was. Being in the Hitler Youth does not mean you get a free ticket in the SS. It was a nationwide thing.
In the German Army? laugh.gif laugh.gif I think you have to check your sources my friend Pope Ratzinger was born in 1927 that makes him 12 in 1939 (the start of WWII for those who dont know dry.gif ). During the last months of the war he was called into the auxiliary anti-aircraft service.

And if he is planning to install Nazi like rule than its just another step for us achieving what we need. Although It is not nessessary for now and I senserly doubt it, just coz someone is conservative doesn't mean theyre "Nazis".

Sick? not sick just someone who is worried about the future of this world.

This post has been edited by thrawn: 20 April 2005 - 07:11 AM

user posted image
"History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from the distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

#9 User is offline   thrawn Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Star Wars, and all that is Nazi

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:55 AM

stop ignorance

Ignorance? you have displayed it fully!!!!
user posted image
"History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from the distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

#10 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:09 AM

Nazi-esque rule from the Church? Those days are dead and fucking buried, laddie, and I spit on their graves.

What is needed is a Pope like (what) Slade (describes). Either that or Yahtzee. Or even me! See, one will bring enlightenment, one will be angry and make Bruce Campbell a saint, and one will get plastered and replace all the incense with cannabis! We win either way!
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#11 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:12 AM

The problem is that your solution involves promoting bigotry, Thrawn. Doesn't disliking someone based upon his/or race strike you as silly and narrowminded somewhere in your mind? What do you have against acceptance, really? You're Catholic, doesn't Jesus teach that you should do unto others what you would have done to you? Would you want someone to herd up all of the Catholics or fascists and ship them out of Australia just because you felt they were getting in the way of what you wanted? You say you're concerned about the future of the world, but what was applicable over two thousand years ago isn't the same as now. We need to adapt to survive

Please stop taking every opportunity you can to spout your fascist ideals out. It's not very often that I say people are just wrong, but this is one of those times. You're only serving to promote ignorance and intolerance. And I thought it was fairly obvious I wasn't very serious. Though I often say serious things humorously and humorous things seriously, and I stand by my previous statements, including those hot dog stands.

Conservatism, whatever, just no more hate speech.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#12 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:28 AM

It's a fine line the church has to walk. They can either elect a liberal; who'll appeal to one group, and possibly the unbelieving masses, or a Conservative; who'll keep the faith hardliners happy. Either way there's going to be strife, but with the church losing followers already, he was a safe bet to stem tide.

Weather he used to be Nazi or not (and Thrawn was very much correct, hitler youth was required, and they were drafted into the army during the later years), shouldn't matter, what we should be asking is 'are his opinions now going to do the church any favours?'

Personally I don't think so, but then again, I left the church behind long ago.

But hey. Pope Slade, a major step up from archbishop of canterbury. All hail!
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#13 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:04 AM

If he is as hard line conservative as he's made out to be, then I think he'll push a lot of people from the church. But, he will be able to pool his power base with the various conservative governments around the world, pushing us back into the dark ages. The matter is now to make people stop and think, and realise that these people are hurting society. If enough people are driven from the church, it will be forced to evolve, or die out.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#14 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:34 AM

I was born and raised Catholic, and renounced my faith when I was barely twelve years old. Those people fucked with my head from the very beginning trying to cram my mind full of their bullshit and mold me into a Good Christian Girl, and then made me the victim of their intolerance when I didn't follow their rules or agree with them unquestioningly. I'll bash Christianity as much as I damn well please!

I don't like this new pope. Something about him just sets off warning bells in my head, and I've learned from experience that it's best not ignore those feelings of unease as they're usually right.

I know it'll never happen in this lifetime, but someday, the Church will Fall. And I hope in another lifetime, I can watch it Fall.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#15 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:54 PM

You were THAT old? I renounced my faith when I was four. I got sent home for first telling all the other kids that Santa Claus isn't real and then telling them that there isn't a God. I never understood the whole consept of God, it just seems so crazy I don't believe it, it just annoys me so much when some Christians seem so shocked when you say you're an athesist, since they are the ones that believe all the crap in the Bible. Let's face it, anyone that believes even half of what the Bible says needs to be taken out and sh....own the real world (ha I bet you thought I was going to say shot).

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size