Chefelf.com Night Life: Yet another stupid game! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Yet another stupid game! This one you play in the REAL world.

#91 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:08 AM

A Tavern? does it have a comley serving wench, ale served in hollow rams horns, and a crazy old wizard in the corner by the fire?
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#92 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

And hobbits. Don't forget hobbits.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#93 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:36 PM

Well, remember, all of the law makers think that the legal drinking age is 21 over here. We're old enough to go get killed to line their pockets with gold, but we can't line our own with bottles of liquor.

Some day they will realize that the law has absolutely no signifigance to anyone. Stupid hypocritical US laws.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#94 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:11 PM

Oh, you live in the US? Where's RIT? Is that Rhode Island Tech?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#95 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:17 PM

Funny, I had always thought the legal drinking age in Louisiana was eighteen, but apparently something must have changed in the past few years. I never really kept up with that kind of thing, to be honest. But this state's the home of Mardi Gras and "Let the good times roll!" (only they normally say it in French or Cajun or scream "Iiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!"), so everyone drinks anyway (at least at parties and stuff).

I was once at an event and made a comment about how everyone was drinking, and got called nun.

This post has been edited by Jane Sherwood: 03 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#96 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

I was always under the impression that the US let you drink beer and stuff at 18, but not spirits until you're 21. Guess hollywood's lied to me again.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#97 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:37 PM

That's harsh Jane. They should be respecting your right to not drink. Although it does take the edge off of the harsh cold knife that is reality for a little while. To each his or her own, I say.

Floppy: Yes indeedy. I live in the ever grey-skied Central New York, but I'm currently in college at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York. I have a brother who lives in Cape Coral/Fort Meyers.

Laugh: No, it's very illegal to drink at 18. All alcohol is lumped together. It's just that no one gives any thought to the law, present poster included.

This post has been edited by Slade: 03 May 2005 - 05:38 PM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#98 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

There's a law?
What's a law?

Seriously, I thought that knocking off the people who aggravated me, burying them in quicklime over the state border and then coming back home to a healthy grogfest in a stolen car was fine... cursed laws.

This post has been edited by Mnesymone: 03 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

#99 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:04 AM

Why would you go to the trouble of burrying them in quicklime interstate, if you weren't afraid of getting arrested? Zing!

The Tav lacks hobbits and mead(and good beer, for that matter). But it does have wenches. Who seem to have a natural dislike for me. Or perhaps thats just a reflection of my discomfort with the environment. Or because I refuse to drink they crappy beer they sell.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#100 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:08 AM

And I forgot to add, Jane, that what they said was harsh. Nothing wrong with not drinking. A little fun at your expense is expected, but nun is taking it too far. Shame on them.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#101 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:32 AM

(*Snerk!*) nun. I'm going to have to use that one myself sometime. biggrin.gif

No, seriously. A quick flip through the posters on this thread reveals I'm older than any of you, and allowed to drink by the laws of the land. There was a time too when I did not touch the evil stuff (long ago, when we still ahd a black and white TV). If you don't want to drink, it's you're choice, smile at the insults, and turn up at their dorm window at 3am dressed as a nun and carrying a fire axe.
IPB Image

#102 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:20 PM

Jane would totally go for that.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#103 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:50 PM

Yes. Yes I would. happy.gif

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
XD

#104 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

Other benefits to being a non-drinker:

1) Designated driver; Every ale swilling posse needs one. Guarentees you a place at parties, and potential conversation with other DD's.

2) Safer dating; Should you wake up in the morning in bed with a member of the opposite sex (or the same sex, depends which way you butter your bread really), you'll remember their name, and exactly what it was that you found attractive about them in the first place.

3) Evil genuis; Drunk people are the perfect target for manipulation, so if you enjoy causing carnage, a few well placed suggestions go a long way to creating an evening entertainment.
IPB Image

#105 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

If I was the designated driver, they'd be better off letting the drunks drive. I don't know how to drive and haven't even practiced in well over a year!

This post has been edited by Jane Sherwood: 04 May 2005 - 06:14 PM

XD

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size