• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Anyone else noticed this?

#1 User is offline   Voodoo Dog Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:The Republic of Ireland AKA The Irish Free State The Emerald Isle Hibernia Eire Erin Eireann That Fucking Boghole

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

Hello!

I'm new here having found this site by playing the really rather spiffing Rob Blanc <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=games&v=56">games</a> I found on a copy of PC utilities and entering "Yahtzee" into google. I read all the archives in one sitting,(yes they are THAT good and yes I am THAT sad) and I found a little interesting hidden thingie, so I did. I looked around this forum and could not find mention of it anywhere so I have to assume one of two possibilities.

1. That NOBODY else noticed it and i'm smarter than all of you HA HA! When I reveal this secret you will all be so astounded you'll drop to your knees and beg to suck my cock.(It might be small ladies, but its powerful!)

OR

2. Everyone notices it in the first five minutes and nobody says a thing on the forum for the same reason you don't run up to your <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=friends&v=56">friends</a> screaming "HEY! THE SKY IS BLUE!!!!". When I reveal this secret you'll point and laugh at the stunted,sexually deprived freak I so obviously am.

Exciting isn't it?

Anyway the revelation (or non-revelation as the case might be) is THIS. One funny caption for each picture wasn't enough for Yahtzee. Oh no. If you hover your mouse pointer over any picture, the chances are good that an additional caption will come up in a tooltip. My <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=personal&v=56">personal</a> favourite: Yahtz's rant about the summer <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=weather&v=56">weather</a>. Picture of the sun. Original caption reads, quite simply, THE ENEMY. Funny enough, but tooltip reads "You killed the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=dogs&v=56">dogs</a> of a generation you bastard". Laugh? I nearly died.

Anyway, anyone noticed Terry Pratchett's Discworld <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=books&v=56">books</a> have kinda got shit lately? And by lately I mean about 8 <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=books&v=56">books</a> ago. Just a thought.

Till next time

Heil Hollywood!

#2 User is offline   Dark Comet Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:53 PM

Since you so insist, I shall provide.

*Points and scorn*

Ha. Ha. Ha.

#3 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:56 PM

I noticed that in the first ten minutes. Most of the hidden captions are funnier than the ones on the page.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#4 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:08 PM

Mmmm PHP doesn't support HTML codes

#5 User is offline   Voodoo Dog Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:The Republic of Ireland AKA The Irish Free State The Emerald Isle Hibernia Eire Erin Eireann That Fucking Boghole

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:12 PM

Sigh...

Yet another attempt to get people to suck my cock crashes in flames maiming innocent bystanders and blind puppies. Back to the old drawing board I guess. Oh and dark comet, I didn't insist people point and laugh at me. I was simply stating that it was a quite likely outcome to this brave, yet rather stupid post. There is a DIFFERENCE children.

But anyways...

Why is my original post (and this one too, no doubt) full of FUCKING HTML? I've posted several times on Chefelf AND IT ALWAYS FUCKING HAPPENS! It's like an STD without the fun part.

Seriously I'm new to this whole "internet" malarky. How do I get rid of it please?

#6 User is offline   Voodoo Dog Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

Hey, what do you know no HTML. Isn't that ironic? The question however, remains.

#7 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

Dunno could be many reason, either you put it there (most obvious reason), you copied it from a webpage and for some reason its there even though it shouldn't be, but who knows with Microsoft, maybe it is just some joke of Chefelf's or any moderator (my money is on Chevies though, as a warning: watch that bitch). Or maybe the stars are just aligned, as according the message in the Bible, Genesis 2: 24-37 "When the stars form the sign of the 'strange man with a pitchfork having sex with a sheep' (aka northeners) constellation, HTML code shall randomly appear on webpages all through the world." This theory is the most prominent, and no doubt the most likely to be true.

#8 User is offline   Voodoo Dog Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Apr 19 2005, 11:03 PM)
Dunno could be many reason, either you put it there (most obvious reason), you copied it from a webpage and for some reason its there even though it shouldn't be, but who knows with Microsoft, maybe it is just some joke of Chefelf's or any moderator (my <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=money&v=56">money</a> is on Chevies though, as a warning: watch that bitch). Or maybe the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=stars&v=56">stars</a> are just aligned, as according the message in the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Bible&v=56">Bible</a>, Genesis 2: 24-37 "When the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=stars&v=56">stars</a> form the sign of the 'strange man with a pitchfork having <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=sex&v=56">sex</a> with a sheep' (aka northeners) constellation, HTML code shall randomly appear on webpages all through the world." This theory is the most prominent, and no doubt the most likely to be true.

#9 User is offline   Voodoo Dog Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:43 PM

umm...

not quite sure how that whole "quote" thing happened lecter. Sorry. Brand new bug! Any way as I WAS GOING TO SAY I just posted a spectacularly long winded rant about the catholic church and not a single HTML code appeared. Satan minions have moved to another computer it appears! Yay! I personally blame on a little thing that has infected my computer namley NT FUCKING SEARCH. It goes through every web page you view turning random words into links. I would like to meet the man who designed this and shake him by the throat.

Anyway we're getting off topic! Hell i'm getting off topic! On a topic I fucking started! Jesus! Is there ANYONE out there who didn't know about the tooltips? A half full box of benson and hedges to the first person brave enough to admit to it!

#10 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:10 AM

If you change the <> in the HTML to [], it should work fine.

As for the alt messages, they have been mentioned before. If you look back quite a bit, there was a guest article about the problems with not having a sense of smell. To which the author started a forum topic named something like 'Alt Messages Received'. I can't remember if that was the name of the topic, or just a post in it. Either way, I'm too lazy to look it up.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#11 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo dog)
I would like to meet the man who designed this and shake him by the throat.
No, you need to, like, stab him and explode his computer.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#12 User is offline   Eggie Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Drawing, animating, writing stuff to draw and/or animate.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:33 PM

I loved the last 8 Discworld books...probably quite a bit more than the 8 before them...definately more than the first 8...

#13 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:03 PM

I'm not sure, but I think Voodoo dog's problem is with the fact that the html is there in the first place. All the links are to some crappy search engine. So he's either trying to spam us all in which case he should die horribly, or he's got some rather interesting form of spyware that somehow only affects this forum.

#14 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:28 PM

He mentioned it before. I suggest adaware, or Spybot: Seach and Destroy. Not to mention your virus checker of choice.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#15 User is offline   Brick McRunfast Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:10 AM

In either case, I suggest slow, painful sodomy, preferably involving broken glass in some capacity.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size