Chefelf.com Night Life: The Star Wars Holiday Special - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

The Star Wars Holiday Special My Review... at last.

#31 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:59 PM

Holy crap. I thought you were joking with the Itchy and Lumpy thing. I just found some screens of the credits. That's thier actual names. What were these people thinking?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#32 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:21 PM

Those names were in the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy novels... Lumpawarrump for Lumpy and Mallatobuck for Malla - now I know where they came from.

Still Christopher Lee in the 1982 Holiday Special... Pretty poor consolation, considering he was in line to play the Emperor. That would have been cool...

Also means we wouldn't have had to go "Christopher Lee as Dooku - what a waste!"

Incidentally, how does Lucas explain Dooku in the Holiday Special II?

#33 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:01 AM

I see that Bea Arthur's character's role was Ackmena Cantina Bartender.

So, our Mon Calamari friend got his name from the Ack' Bar? Why not.

#34 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

Chapters 13-18 are up today. They weren't up until about 5:00 PM EST due to a coding error on my part. Sorry about that, everyone. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#35 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:42 PM

Many laughs from your review, Chef. Heady stuff.

#36 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ May 2 2005, 03:57 PM)
Chapters 13-18 are up today.  They weren't up until about 5:00 PM EST due to a coding error on my part.  Sorry about that, everyone.  smile.gif

did you take them down again? I cant get past chapter 12...

edit- whoops...I take that back. I had the crayon taken out of my brain and i'm alright now.

This post has been edited by jariten: 03 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

#37 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:12 PM

Ummm wow that cartoon was horrid. Is that horse on the millennium falcon supposed to be Han Solo? And I dont quite understand the idea of making a show about the adventures of Luke Skywalker. They could have made it really interesting by having it be a propaganda cartoon for the rebellion or the empire but they opted to just duct tape it in.

I noticed that the majority of the cute little clips and cameos are just completely out of place. They all seem to follow the same line: "Oh, look, something to watch/play/interact with for an unnecessarily long amount of time." And they don't even try to act as though it has any baring on the plot, its just a convenient time waster and excuse for a cameo.

Jariten- Any chance of luring some fanboys from TF.N in here to see if this will break their brains?

"Holiday special... dosnt compute... bea arthur... lucas is god... BUFFER OVERFLOW! BLAMBABAGO!"

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#38 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

Thanks Chefelf. Without you, many people would have to suffer through the Holiday Special to get how horrible it was.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#39 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:41 PM

Again... BLOODY HELL!!!

You seem to be willing to suffer greatly for the entertainment of your forum-goers, Chefelf... how brave you are... how brave indeed.

It gives an indication as to where Lucas picked up the 'crap' bug that plagued his later projects - around the time and place of making the holiday special.
And that was one drug-induced haze Leia was in.

#40 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:10 AM

you know that imperial guy is evil cause the motherfucker don't do fish...

that is something that has plagued me for some time...

oooh scarry man...

"would you like this?"
"I don't like fish."
"Jesus, I'm sorry man... please don't hurt me."

#41 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:46 AM

' "would you like this?"
"I don't like fish."
"Jesus, I'm sorry man... please don't hurt me." '

What an amazingly powerful threat! Leaves my "If this were a civilised country I'd have your head" standing at the bus stop.

I musn't be evil, because I think fish are cool, and marvels of nature, and soothing to watch them sweeem around and around... eeeee.

(Happy glow of the rather contradictory creature that is me... the happy pessimist)

#42 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:36 PM

I have never seen holiday special and probably there is no chance of my ever seeing it, but I read the whole tuday and I had quite a struggle not to fall off my chair. I honestly could not believe it. So checked the IMDB and that stopmtokyo website and saw the gallery, and read the review and only then did I believe. Honestly, Chefelf, sorry about that but I thought you're having me on. Nothing, I mean nothing could be as bad as that!!!!!!

My question is - does anyone know how the hell did Lucas agree to do it in the first place? He must have agreed, because the logo is trademark and so on. And he is not credited in this work.

The other question is - how come the actors did ever agree to do that? Unless it was in their contract with the Fox studio. After SW they all knew they were household names and certainlydidn't have to do it to earn their bread, certainly not Harrison Ford! And yet here he is. Holy crap...

But I am waiting for more scene by scene description.
Could you also fill me in who is this Julia Childs I saw mentioned several times in the reviews ?

#43 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

any idea where I can download it (i'm serious)?

#44 User is offline   rock_dash Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Anime, manga, Dungeons and Dragons, Video games, other general and specific geekery

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ May 5 2005, 09:36 AM)
Could you also fill me in who is this Julia Childs I saw mentioned several times in the reviews ?

Basically, Julia Childs was a TV chef, Madam. I could be wrong about which Julia Childs it is, but then, a TV chef makes about as much sense as Bea Arthur being in this thing, right?

http://imdb.com/name/nm0157463/
I finally got a sig!

Oh God, I had no idea! How can they keep it going? You mean, Return of the Children of the Corn etc? Children of the Corn 2? Children of the Corn and the Prisoner of Azkaban? I Know What You Did With The Children Of the Corn???? Yes, it's horrible!!!!
-Some guy on IMDB.com just finding out that there was more than one Children of the Corn movie

#45 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ May 5 2005, 12:36 PM)
Honestly, Chefelf, sorry about that but I thought you're having me on. Nothing, I mean nothing could be as bad as that!!!!!!

Anyone who has seen it will back me up... it IS that bad. It really can't be described. I think I do a pretty good job of creating a review that is more enteretaining than the actual movie but the actual movie is not to be believed. If you were watching it right now you'dk now what I'm talking about.

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ May 5 2005, 12:36 PM)

rock_dash covered that one. smile.gif

QUOTE (jariten @ May 5 2005, 05:25 PM)
any idea where I can download it (i'm serious)?

There are ways ... rolleyes.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size