Chefelf.com Night Life: The fate of the OOT - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

The fate of the OOT what is to become of our old friend?

#31 User is offline   BinarySunset Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:00 PM

Hi,

I'm brand new here but (admittedly) have been lurking for awhile now reading the different threads...I'm of the "mature fan" set [I was a preteen in Summer 1977 blush.gif ] so I've been a fan since it all began.

Anyway, to JYAMG and those of you who are in the "I didn't get the remastered versions when I had the chance... If only I had known that was for real. " group of folks:

EBAY; Half.com and SecondSpin.com are the places to be!!

Last summer when I read what the Trilogy DVD set would NOT include, I immediately got online and sought out sets of OOT to have for posterity. I have 2 sets of the THX remastered Trilogy that was released in the mid-90s (prior to '97): one set to view, and one set in "never opened".

Half.com is where I got the UNopened set. I don't think the young lady who sold it realized what she was doing. Hey, I realized it and I grabbed it! I just had a strong sense that it would come to this, so I decided to get on the ball and get while the gettin' was good.

So, if you really don't feel right about copying to disc, etc., try those places online.

Thanks and... I love reading what you all have to say. I feel like I belong here - I look forward to interacting with you.

#32 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

I don't have the equipment to make good copies at the moment (good copies to disc, that is, I guess I could make good VHS copies with what I have) from my OT laserdiscs, but I'm willing to acquire whatever hardware is necessary and distribute recordings, free of charge. It's not about the money, it's about preserving film history.

#33 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (BinarySunset @ Apr 20 2005, 12:00 PM)
Hi,

I'm brand new here but (admittedly) have been lurking for awhile now reading the different threads...I'm of the "mature fan" set [I was a preteen in Summer 1977  blush.gif ] so I've been a fan since it all began.

Thanks and... I love reading what you all have to say.  I feel like I belong here - I look forward to interacting with you.

Welcome to the boards! For an OT fan, you have chosen a very apt name by the way smile.gif

#34 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:57 PM

Yes, welcome. Thanks for the heads up about that site. You sound like a good guy and we'll look forward to seeing more of your posts in the future.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size