Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

How lame is the cartoon... no really...

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:34 AM

have you guys seen the clone wars cartoons? it's on right now...

firstly the animation style is just too comical...

C3P0 - was a little annoying (but for the benifite of the story in the OT)... in the PT he was stupid... and in this he's basically the richard simmons robot from the simpsons...

Qui-gon - liam neison is probably the easiest actor to impersonate and they couldn'd find someone to do it...

oh, god... and more of yodas "mmphm"s than you can poke a bizare curly jedi counsel alien at!!!

sick.gif sick.gif sick.gif sick.gif

and no... this isn't a SW bashing thing...

this is someone who grew up on transformers, robotech, and Galtar (i think his name was... the dude whos sword was the inspiration for mauls sabre)...

----------------------

actually... as its progressing alone... i can see anikan and padmes chemistry hasn't suffered...

ooh... she's touching his scare!!!

#2 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:37 AM

oh and too add... anikan and obi wan (who's voice is done quite well)...
just landed in some mirky sewer...

no shit they OBIWAN just said: "what an incredible smell you've discovered."

EDIT: this keeps getting funnier...

Dooku sounds like a bad sean conery impersonation (like Deckard Cain in Diablo 2)

and the emporer sounds like the bridge keeper from monte pythons holy grail...

This post has been edited by barend: 16 April 2005 - 06:39 AM

#3 User is offline   njamilla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Black belts: aikido, kendo, iaido, jodo. 1987 World Fencing Championships, World University Games participant. Writer: novelist, freelancer. Interestes: Renaissance, religious history, turtles.

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:05 AM

I like watching them because they show clones in action. I'm more into the clone troops than I am the Jedi these days.
Author: Sword Fighting in the Star Wars Universe.

#4 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:04 AM

And yet, the cartoons are still better than the movies... wink.gif

#5 User is offline   thrawn Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Star Wars, and all that is Nazi

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:15 AM

Does anyone like the Droids cartoon series?

This post has been edited by thrawn: 16 April 2005 - 08:18 AM

user posted image
"History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from the distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

#6 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:41 AM

I'm not big on the Clone Wars animation. As barend said, it's too comical looking.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 16 April 2005 - 11:12 AM

Given the dry.gif weight of the source material, I'd prefer Johnny Quest to the Powerpuff Girls.

#8 User is offline   HeckHouse Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:30 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised with the Clone Wars cartoon, but I hate the voice acting.

#9 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:03 PM

I only watched about three episodes of that show before I decided not to go any further on it. Not only was the drawing pretty comical, the whole action scenes and general story was weird.

For one thing, they defy the whole 'rule of two' in regards to the Sith. If the Sith only have a master and an apprentice, then where does Dooku stand in regards to Palpatine? I bring this up because of the episode I saw where Anakin is chasing this female Sith warrior and gets into a duel with her. The fight scene looked like it was ripped off a ninja anime, so I ignored that. But the female Sith said to Anakin 'your defeat will mean my accesion to the Sith' or something to that effect. Does this mean that there's more to this whole 'Sith' rule than I thought.

Also, the scene in which Mace Windu destroys an ENTIRE droid army and a giant droid war machine thing completely on his own... that's too much for me to swallow, and I'm definately not going to believe any of that.

#10 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

I dunno, I liked it. But then again I've only watched it on and off. The episodes that I did see did make sence though.

The first few episodes I especialy liked:
    The ones with the clones doing the whole spec ops thing showed just how much ass the clones kick.
    The one where anakan is up in orbit taking out an assload of fighters showed how good a pilot he should have been.
    And Mace Windu's involvement in the war (taking out all those droids) shows how much Jedi's should kick ass. They use the all powerful force, they themselfs SHOULD be pretty damn kick ass.

I do agree on the Qui-gon thing, his nose is freakin huge.

I on the whole like it and I'm not ashamed that I'm ripped my friends copy of it.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

Well as far as filler material I'd consider "fluff," it is interesting. And watchable compared to so much dreck out there. I never kept track of when it was on, so I couldn't understand the plot of what was going on lots of the time.

So give them credit for putting something up for show. Did they ever broadcast the entire series altogether? I hope they'd take out all the "bwshhhhzzzz" in and out of commercials, and let the darn thing flow. (unless that was intentional, like in the space serials philosophy.)

But it's free entertainment, I guess. More artists get to work. smile.gif

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:05 PM

you know, according to these cartoons, C3P0s shell is ACTUALLY made of gold...
i never for a second actually thought that, i figured he was gold colored but not really gold...

after my post i watched the rest of the episode... it's bloody sureal...
it's still dumb, but it's strangley compeling... palpatine is so funny in it.

grevious, sounds cool... mace kinda goes of (he crushed grevious' chest)...

i wonder if anikan will have all those tatoos on his chest in ep3.?

and i have to say, this cartoon is the only place where anikan and obi-wan seem to get along...

QUOTE (thrawn @ Apr 16 2005, 08:15 AM)
Does anyone like the Droids cartoon series?

the one from the 80s? i used to watch that...

#13 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, "the Further adventures of threepio and artoo-deetoo." They were joined by other Non-SW characters, culled from fairy tales if memory serves me right.

I thought it worthy of LFL/abc-tv to put out the ewoks/droids adventure hour. I enjoyed a few eps and it was good to hear the voices/sfx. In a radio play sort of way.

I did NOT know that 3po was made of gold. I guess he kept it to himself, in over six million forms of communication. (the robot with a heart of gold. Tin-man of the galaxy long ago, far away.)

I saw the packaged CW DVD in Sam's a week ago. Didn't take the time to study it.

#14 User is offline   DBrennan3333 Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Aside from finding myself pathetically addicted to ChefElf's writings, I'm big on:<br /><br />-Star Wars<br />-Futurism<br />-Studying Systems<br />-The Matrix <br />-PS2<br /><br />But that's kind of forcing myself to be specific about things that are ever-changing and actually really broad in the first place. <br /><br />Really I get interested in lots of things.

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:58 PM

I didn't like Volume One of Clone Wars but I think that Volume Two was awesome. They listened to the audience and they added some actual story and dialogue to it rather than just making it endless action, endless STUPID action (like the aforementioned part where Mace Windu destroys an entire army - what worthless pansies the Seperatists would have to be!)

#15 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:54 AM

I really enjoyed the Clone Wars, 2nd edition more than the first. In some medium, they have to show why Anakin was a hero...obviously we can not go by Ep2.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size