Chefelf.com Night Life: Rememberer's takes - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Rememberer's takes Now showing in the screening room...

#91 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:32 AM

Excellent work, as always. I quite like your descriptions. Oh, and I know this is the Star Wars forums, but I won't be seeing EP3 until next Sunday, and want to be as spoiler free as possible.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#92 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:49 AM

I hope you enjoy ROTS as much as I did, SimeSublime.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#93 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:16 PM

What I was replying to was what I percieved was a critic of your writing saying that it has too much detail. In short, I was defending your writing - you do great work!

#94 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

And by thumbnail, I was refering to the fact that I figure (and I could be wrong) that the writing is sort of treatment to the overall story rather than the actual "finished product".

Anyhow, keep it up - it's really good!

#95 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:28 AM

Oh right - it just looked a little weird to see those two posts (yours and SWIUs)
Thanks for the defense - and you are right to an extent - this is a compressed story rather than a full-fledged novel... I go into heckloads of detail in spots because given the rather visual nature of Star Wars I feel I have to give a comprehensive visual description of things.

#96 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:45 AM

No worries. I'm am a screenwriter for a living (meaning I just sold my first script and it's going into production as we speak) so not only do I really respect a fellow Aussie, but also a fellow writer - that is a compliment.

Too many people are content to just let things slide and live their life without consequence...which is a travesty. You obviously have something on your mind - thus you are doing what you need to do - express through writing. And you are doing a great job of it. So for that, I respect you.

#97 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:24 AM

We can tell by the statement above, that Diligent is very diligent about what he does.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#98 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, either that or glutton for punishment. tongue.gif

#99 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:27 AM

I don't think I'll put up a chap for a few days... not till Friday.

#100 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

new chapter
I'll also try for another one tommorow.

#101 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:25 AM

New chapter up. Use the above link because I forgot to put one here.

#102 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:24 PM

Though my readership seems to have trailed off I'm still working at this - I'll put up the final chapter to The Clone Wars up in a matter of hours and then the first chapter of Knights of Darkness.

#103 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:54 PM

So far so good! What I think i'm going to do when you're done is cut and paste them into one document and re-read it closer all in one sitting - I sort of lose my place every week so I'm a bit lost right now (though not because of the writing, just my own cluttered mind).

#104 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:54 AM

Final Chapter of The Clone Wars

Pasting them all into one document is probably a good way to read it - your and mine cluttered minds have a few issues getting around in there, diligent.

Still - the whole separate discussion and presentation thread is largely so it's easy to unravel it all and read and re-read.

Knights of Darkness will begin in a few hours.

#105 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:58 AM

First chapter of Knights of Darkness

A short one, but it kicks off well enough.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size