Chefelf.com Night Life: Anakin's Turn To The Dark Side - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Anakin's Turn To The Dark Side It's giving me a headache...

#46 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:02 AM

So if this is Anakin's story, why is he just a henchman in Star Wars and we don't even know his name until the third one?

Why do we spend all this time focusing on Luke, Han and Leia?

Also...

PARAGRAPHS ARE YOUR FRIENDS.

#47 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:46 AM

I think we need to dredge up that picture of Luke kissing Leia in a deleted scene from ESB. If ever anything proves that Lucas did not have the whole story planned out from the start, it's that.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#48 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:53 AM

Leia and Luke couldn't have originally been planned as brother and sister.

Anyone who dips into the old story fragments, drafts and concept art might notice something interesting.

LUKE WAS ORIGINALLY A WOMAN - it was very late in the day that George turned Luke into a man.
They couldn't have been supposed to be brother and sister.

I think there may have been some early things that the Luke/Leia/Han triangle was the two women.

That backs up that Lucas didn't have everything planned from A to Z.

#49 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:51 AM

He didn't even have everything planned from A to C!

He went...

Star Wars -> A
The Empire Strikes Back -> B

then

Return of the Jedi -> 47 roast turkeys in a bakery

then

Episodes I and II - Transexual hermit crabs trying to teach llamas to speak French, while attempting to grow corn in the artic circle.

#50 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:27 AM

Growing corn? Ah, but remember that Lucas's original idea for Star Wars was an "agricultural space tragedy" (Space...Space Wheat...uh...Space...Space Corn...Space Oats?)

#51 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (ernesttomlinson @ Apr 22 2005, 08:27 AM)
Growing corn?  Ah, but remember that Lucas's original idea for Star Wars was an "agricultural space tragedy" (Space...Space Wheat...uh...Space...Space Corn...Space Oats?)

Space Oats, Coast to Coast!
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#52 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:52 PM

Agricultural space tragedy?
(Chortle)
That's just funny as.

What kind of brain would think of an agricultural space tragedy?
It would have been interesting if 'Star Wars' came out as 'Cosmic Farm Battles' - see if it has a lasting impact on two generations then.

#53 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ Apr 22 2005, 10:35 AM)
Space Oats, Coast to Coast!

exactly...

SW needs less Jar Jars and more Zoraks!!!

#54 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 23 2005, 12:16 AM)
exactly...

SW needs less Jar Jars and more Zoraks!!!

Indeed.

Space Ghost the late night talk show host is more of a hero than all the Jedi put together. How sad is that?
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#55 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

And the decade old, SG had more integrity than the (animated) New Shmoo/Fantastic Four adventure hour that followed it. There's a lesson for you.

(January, 1979. When Saturday mornings meant cartoons were on.)

Do you think of Shrek 2 as a "cartoon," even though it's in that animated category? Well of course, that makes it so.

Moments appeared to be have been filmed anyway. Do you think George is going for the Academy AwardŽ for an Animated Film? (I'm certain he will for Episode Four, 2014.)

#56 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:37 AM

It is hard to see how Episode II counts as a live-action film...
Sure there's a few landscapes and sets kicking around.
Much of the muchness is CGI - I'd say 90% of it - there was more live action involved in the production of the original Disney's Snow White.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size