Chefelf.com Night Life: Moveable Type - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Moveable Type Help?

#1 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:59 PM

I was wondering if anyone on here was familiar with Moveable Type. I've been considering switching from Greymatter over to MT for Heccubus.Blog but I've been running into some problems configuring it and actually getting it to run. If anyone can offer some help with Wordpress, that's another alternative that I considered. However their "famous five minute install" took me about three hours, and I still couldn't get it to work properly.
Any help at all would be much appreciated.

#2 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:17 PM

I have wordpress running now, and I don't really like it; I don't know what you don't like about Greymatter, but I'd recommend keeping it. There are just some things about Greymatter (namely, the customizability) that other blogging software JUST DOESN'T HAVE. I don't know what's so difficult about letting you use your own stylesheets and server-side includes to format headers, footers, and look-- all I want the blogging software to do is manage my CONTENT, not my FORMAT-- but apparently that's, like, impossible nowadays. Sheesh.

So, yeah, it's really difficult to make Wordpress look like anything but a Wordpress blog, unless you know the program inside and out so well that you can make sweeping changes across the board to various php files, and I don't want to do that without knowing all the dependencies and so forth.

At any rate.

Wordpress is easy to install as long as you have the MySQL database set up and ready to go. I didn't really handle that end of it.

This post has been edited by Laura: 12 April 2005 - 12:19 PM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size