Chefelf.com Night Life: BIG HUGE ADVERTISEMENT!!! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

BIG HUGE ADVERTISEMENT!!! You want to read it. You know you do.

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:37 AM

Thanks all (except Barend... obviously). You've helped this needy author get a self-esteem boast.

Although I have to say, I don't like everyone going on about boobs. It's so vulgar. I like to refer to them as BREASTS.

But as JM said, while Starry Nights has plenty of breasts, there's a lot more to it than that.

Also, JM, if you check out the latest offering, you may notice that this has been kept to a minimal and most of the characters are fully clothed again.

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 07 April 2005 - 06:43 AM

#17 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:49 AM

You're right, breasts is a much better term. And surely you should know by now not to say that you have a self esteem boost, but rather thank us for stroking your ego. It's just how things are done around here now tongue.gif
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:17 PM

you people have dirty minds...

any way... is it just me? or are the titties getting bigger in STARRY NIGHTS

(not that i'm complaining, it's just these new chapters are struggling to fit in as much as they use to, largley because the female characters are struggling to fit into the panels these days)

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

EDIT: i mis-spelled 'titties'

(and yes i used that as a legitimate excuse to retype 'tities')

{yes, and that... hehehehehehehhe}

This post has been edited by barend: 07 April 2005 - 09:20 PM

#19 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:22 PM

Movie Goer, I love the poster. It really captures all the power of the production.

#20 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:41 AM

Thanks. Here's hoping that it might persuade a few more users to join us. Although I have a feeling that my target audience probably never ventures outside the Star Wars forum... so maybe I should have put the ad there.

And Barend, you may be right about the enlarging tities. I don't know how it could have happened.... honestly... unsure.gif

#21 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:16 AM

And here I just thought I was going a bit odd.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#22 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Apr 7 2005, 01:50 AM)
Oh, and a note to Jane Sherwood, Chylde has read the entire novel. You must surpass him or risk losing your honor. And you must also write more reviews than he has!

JM...

I am deeply sorry for not having read or commented on your novel yet, and I apologize. I shall rectify this problem immediately by devoting the rest of my day to reading it in its entirety, and then leaving a nice long review if I can think of one.

That is, I will if my computer doesn't keep cutting off before I can finish one paragraph. It does just fine when it's sitting idle, but the moment I start doing something the damn thing cuts right off!

EDIT/ADDITIONAL: ...I don't have anything worthwhile to plug...

This post has been edited by Jane Sherwood: 08 April 2005 - 02:13 PM

Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#23 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:43 PM

If we follow this line of advertising, Janes going to have six websites, three publishing companies, twenty published novels, and a bong the size of Wales...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#24 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:16 PM

So no new readers for Starry Nights then?

You bastards.

#25 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

I'm working on it, I like it so far. Dial-up access sort of cramps my readspeed you'see.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#26 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

Ah don't feel too bad Jane, I just figured it might be something you're interested in. I'm not sure what you can do about your computer though, wish I could help.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#27 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:39 PM

What the? Episode 11 is missing! Is that just my pc? have I missed anything?
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#28 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:54 PM

No, it's gone. And lost forever.

I recently had to get a new hard drive and I lost all of the original images from my computer.

When it was up and running again, I went through, salvaging what I could from the site. And I found that one episode was missing from Starry Nights...

... and three episodes were missing from Starry Nights: The Aftermath.

I was not a happy chappy.

To fill you in what happens in EPISODE ELEVEN...

Commander Rayne goes to see how the manufacturing of the new fighters are going. There he meets Eliza Chandra and Eliza's assistant Maria, who he instantly develops a crush on.

Maria informs him that the new fighters would be ready in six weeks... or was it six months? (Damn you, Image shack!!!)

Then Captain Hale returns and Commander Rayne goes to meet him. They have a rather funny exchange of dialogue which I will try to reproduce as best I can here.

Commander Rayne - You've done us all a great service and we thank you.

Captain Hale - ... and then I said "Shovelling iron ore for twenty years? Screw that nonsense!"

Commander Rayne - And we trust you found the settlement satisfactory.

Captain Hale - Then I knocked these guys to the floor and just ran for the shuttle.

Commander Rayne - Now as you may have heard, the war has started.

Captain Hale - They were trying to close the hangar doors on me but ~

Commander Rayne - Will you shut up?

Captain Hale - Sorry.

Commander Rayne - Anyway, as I was saying, the war has started.

Captain Hale - This is bad. The Chian system won't be able to protect itself.

Commander Rayne - Well we've still got the Leema 33s. They'll give the Ardeans...

Captain Hale - ... a bit of free target practice?

Commander Rayne - a run for their money is what I was going to say.

Captain Hale - Mate, the Leema 33s are crap. Why don't you trade them in for some new Corteks?

Commander Rayne - But then we'd only have half as many fighters.

Captain Hale - Well, at least they'd be useful in a fight.

Commander Rayne - Look, Captain Hale...

Captain Hale - Don't get all huffy on me, Commander. I'm actually going to help you.

Commander Rayne - How?

Captain Hale - I'm going to rally all the mercenaries, pirates and smugglers to the Chian cause. I've just got to find them.

Commander Rayne - Maybe you should talk to Jay. He can lead you to one of the bigger hideouts. That way it will give him something to do in the film.

Captain Hale - True. Because the way he's going, he's going to drift out of the movie any minute. So who could I find at this hideout?

Commander Rayne - Oh, all the big names are there... Jack, Ted, Andy, Selleck... you know Selleck, don't you?

Captain Hale - Mate, everyone knows Selleck. Alright, I'll check it out.

Commander Rayne - Why thank you. That's most generous. Good luck.

(That's the gist of it anyway. I think the original one was probably better written than that but you get the idea).

And don't worry, Laughlyn, I can sympathise with our dial-up users. I had to use a dial-up for a few weeks recently so I know what it's like.

#29 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

I completely forgot about Jay.

RIP Selleck *wipes tear away*

#30 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

Jay could have become an important character... IF Vwing actually bothered to comment on Starry Nights. The nerve of that guy, asking for a character and then never actually reading it.

Yeah, I miss Selleck too. sad.gif

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size