• +

Episode III Trailer! Well no, but wish it was

#1 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:38 PM

http://www.fbtb.net/...oftheempire.mov

LoL watch it it's really well done. Takes a little while to download though so don't worry if you don't see it right away.

#2 User is offline   artoo1121 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 13 January 2004 - 05:34 PM

Hopefully Lucas will see that and hire those people to do the movie....isn't it sad that those guys can get more emotion out of the Lego figures than Lucas can out of real actors?
Unofrtunately, I think it's too late. I'm sure there is already a preview being thought up right now, full of Anakin whining about how he hates Jedi and humongous CGI battles to entice the four year olds back to the theaters.

#3 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 January 2004 - 07:07 PM

Wow. That was incredibly well done. Seeing that made me remember what it was like to be really amazed and enthralled with the Star Wars universe.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#4 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:28 AM

....isn't it sad that those guys can get more emotion out of the Lego figures than Lucas can out of real actors?

I kid you not, I felt slightly moved when Lego Obi Wan battled Lego Anakin. That was very enjoyable. I would like to see the full Lego version of Episode III. And possibly a full Lego remake of the last two movies.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:33 AM

A lot of what made that trailer so good was the music. Although, the story still stirs our memories of the OT. Just proves that GL isn't the best ballplayer in the world. What he IS however is a ball-hog

#6 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 14 January 2004 - 04:02 PM

So true, the music is what drives the emotions out of you.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#7 User is offline   Esco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:I love playing baseball, fishing, spending work day ripping on the SW prequels, hanging out with my wife, going to church, working out, writing music, producing music, watching movies, going for long walks (with wife), hanging out with friends.

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:07 PM

just finished watching it. SWEET!!!
I saw more relationship and chemistry between these Lego versions
of Palpatine/Anakin then in their AOTC scenes.
Speaking of which, the scene where they are together in AOTC was totally
out of nowhere and we're expected to believe these two have a relationship??
a random fact:
According to the episode II commentary track, Sir George was already done filming when he added that scene to the movie.
He discovered that he needed to build dialog between these two. DUHHH!
He was so busy burying himself in stupid plot points, that he forgot about the
true focus of the film. He probably thought the focus of AOTC was having
Anakin whine all day. Oh, and the "love story".

#8 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 16 January 2004 - 08:51 PM

He only realized that after he filmed! What a douche bag!

That scene has the feeling of being thrown in afterwards as do most of the scenes in the movie. He needed to do a hell of a lot more development between the two characters than just that. He has a LOT of catching up to do in Episode III... on all accounts. That, I think, may be what makes Episode III the worst of the prequels.

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:07 PM

B..B...But,

the emperor doesn't even appear in episode 4. and he's in only one scene in ep. 5 where he and vader have this strong relationship! Lucas is just maintaining consistancy. if there were lots of scenes or even one of the two alone together that would be highly symbolic. and besides, since we know they'll get together it's more important to entertain the audience that really cares, the pre-schoolers, than to waste precious screen time. the movie drags on long enough as it is.

well at least you can agree with that last sentence wacko.gif

#10 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:55 PM

AotC does drag unlike any movie I can remember. It's so boooooring! I had to watch the damn thing twice to write my articles! :angry:

#11 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:27 PM

I really didn't think AOTC was that boring. Again, as entertainment I really did think it was *gasp* good. That doesn't stop me from making fun of all the horrible things that Lucas did in it, and from being pissed at Lucas for TPM and parts of AOTC, but purely as an entertaining movie, I thought it was pretty good. The love scenes dragged, yea, but other than that it went by pretty quick.

#12 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:11 PM

Well yes it did move along, but at what cost? The pod race sequence "moved along" but I get bored with that. The whole second half of the clone movie was one disaster after another. true, it went by pretty quick -droid factory; execution scene; jedi sequence; chasing dooku; saber rattling and so on. (and then the earlier scenes; coruscant sky chase and jango obiwan fight in the rain were neverending.) There was so much going on with no regard for pacing it made me roll my eyes in disbelief.

LOtR, there's some pacing for you. too long? bored there? acid test: gone to see it a second time? looking forward to the extended edition?

#13 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2004 - 01:40 PM

It's funny as far as LOTR goes, I thought the first two movies, and especially TTT, were paced very well and the 3 hours really moved along quick. ROTK however, which isn't much longer, only about 19 minutes longer I think, IMO was not paced well. The movie could have been done much better in 2 and a half to 3 hours, and I don't think they edited it well. If they had kept the same length by cutting out unnecessary shots and repetitive sequences, and had added in stuff like the Mouth of Sauron, the Witch King battling Gandalf, and the Sauruman sequence where we see him die, hell, even if that would have made it longer than 3 and a half hours, since the other unnecessary shots were left out, it would have been much better. That's the one reason I don't think the picture nor the director should win an oscar. It's the director's job to cut the movie, and he didn't do it well, and that affected the movie as a whole. Jackson should have won for one of the other 2 movies, but this, which everyone and probably many people at this board as well consider to be a masterpiece, I thought COULD have been a masterpiece, but wasn't. There were just too many times when I could FEEL the 3 hour 20 minute running time. Obviously I'd still give it 3 1/2 stars out of four, because it still is very good, but just misses greatness. Last Samurai I thought was a superior picture to it.

#14 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2004 - 01:44 PM

And about AOTC, listen, I'm saying after-the-fact many things in it piss me off about it, but judging it from a purely "was I entertained" point of view, in all honesty, yes I was. I liked the battle a lot, thought it was exciting, I loved the ending, which has the best use of the Imperial March in the series(don't forget, it isn't just Vader's theme, it is the Empire's theme as well, so it is acceptable that it was used, and I don't understand why he didn't add it to ANH in the SE) and the rest of the movie other than the love scenes I thought were decent enough. All-in-all entertaining.

#15 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 17 January 2004 - 08:15 PM

that's fine. we can disagree. some people left the theatre entertained and satisfied. maybe somebody cheered. As for me, my head hung low. "that was awful" I muttered quietly, slowly shuffling towards the parking lot.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size