Chefelf.com Night Life: why does Yoda look so different? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

why does Yoda look so different?

#31 Guest_Guest_Jordan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 January 2004 - 05:10 PM

Jordan here, I'm at school.

I still don't quite get how it is possible to knock someone out wearing one of those helmets.

That is a very good point. The stormtrooper armour was useless. Lasers and even rocks could kill a man wearing it.

#32 User is offline   njamilla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Black belts: aikido, kendo, iaido, jodo. 1987 World Fencing Championships, World University Games participant. Writer: novelist, freelancer. Interestes: Renaissance, religious history, turtles.

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:16 PM

Have you ever worn stormtrooper armor, it hurts just to sit down.

wink.gif
Author: Sword Fighting in the Star Wars Universe.

#33 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:31 AM

God it must take stormtroopers forever to go to the bathroom. Then again, they're clones so maybe they've been genetically altered to hold more than normal people, but still. No wonder they can't shoot straight, they're constipated all the time.

#34 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:58 AM

Wondering why they do actually wear the helmets. To help Boba maintain his identity (at least for now?) If all the troopers removed their helmets, who would know who's who? (Even though it would be troubling and disheartening to see that everyone looked exactly like you. Just part of living in a clone society that Jedis condone) I guess mastermind Lucas wrote it in, the need for helmets (decades ago, right?) so Luke and Han would be able to disguise themselves as stormtroopers. And wouldn't Han and Luke think it important of mention that the two troopers (they stripped and stole the uniforms from, on the episode 4 death star) were identical? I know. I'm going nowhere here. I'm trying to write like my hero George Lucas. wub.gif

#35 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:14 PM

i've joined this topic way late, but i'm going in...

firstly, i don't think the stormtroopers where clones, they had too much personality. i think the aonly real connection is the lack of imagination on the part of the empire who ripped the idea off designwise.

as for ewoks, i liked them at first but when it got the battle... i was awfully pieesd off. i mean it was just insulting. it was silly and unplasable, and showing one ewok dying did not adequatley balance the ludicrosity of the scenario. this is how i felt seeing at the movies when i was 7-8 years old. all i cared about was the confrontation between luke and vader at that point in the film.

but comming back to han was never shunned, cause it was HAN for gods' sake!!! i don't care if was reduced to a walking punchline, he was still the testosterone of the trilogy and always welcomed.

let's get back to yoda...
old yoda had warmth to him, new yoda is a know nothing know-it-all! he's always wrong! Qui-gon like his master Doku were right to question him constantly, and no wonder palpy formed the empire!!! I would have too. the darkside wasn't evil it was just an alternative to council of ivory tower janitors who had become intellectually lazy and let the darkside walk all over them and were always taking action too late. too afraid of anger and not nearly afraid enough of growing stagnent and irrisponsible in their duty of KNOWING WHAT'S GOING ON!!!

but getting back to the point: old yoda had more affection to him, and as for "his species" ???? i thought he was human... "when 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmm?"
at 90 alot of people shrink and there ears keep growing, at 900 i'm sure greenness isn't to far behind...

and now to Obi-wan, I have to back him up, I would have lied to. "a remarkable pilot and a friend." is a much nicer thing to say to an orphened boy than "an insufferable prat, who whinged about everything, stretched out jokes untill they wern't funny, had a creepy appraoch to flirting, never listened to a word i said until i got fed up and pushed him into a pit of molten steel! now, would you like to hear about your mother who was the kind of bimbo who went out with the nutlicker?"

as for seperating the two characters... Vader was a much more loveable incarnation.

#36 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:47 PM

One of the funniest things I read all night, definitely better late than never barend smile.gif

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size