• +

Sin City: Feel The Hate

#16 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:56 PM

You're from Reykjavik? My favorite shirt is a Hard Rock one from Reykjavik. Got it for $2 at Goodwill.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#17 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

Well, raised in Kopavogur, on the borders of Reykjavik and currently living in Mosfellsbaer, a country town a five minute drive from the place. I've never been to Hard Rock in Reykjavik, I just see the menu out front and laugh hysterically at it.

#18 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:31 PM

I've never been to a Hard Rock either, but I do like thier T-shirts.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#19 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 April 2005 - 09:37 AM

I have one from Fukuoka. It was a gift whilst in Japan. I was in the city, but never saw the restaurant.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#20 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 April 2005 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Apr 5 2005, 10:48 AM)
Not to mention that no man, and certainly few women, look like the characters in the comics;

Save Jessica Alba. I don't think it's any mistake that she was cast in Sin City and The Fantastic Four in the same year. Mama Mia!
rolleyes.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#21 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Apr 18 2005, 07:48 AM)
Save Jessica Alba.  I don't think it's any mistake that she was cast in Sin City and The Fantastic Four in the same year.  Mama Mia! 
rolleyes.gif

I can't stand Jessica Alba. That woman really grates my nerves...
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#22 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:32 AM

Yeah, Chef. wow. JA is ok, I guess, but there's something weak in a scene where a Hardigan waxes on about how skinny Nancy Callahan "grew up" and "filled out." In the comic book of course she's a cartoon exaggeration of a woman, but in the movie she's Jessica Alba, who's kinda short and doesn't even have large boobs. And I know everyone's gone on about this already, but it's really weak when you've already been bombarded by nudity for an hour and a half to have the one girl who's playinh a STRIPPER refuse to take her clothes off. Strong arguments, there, for getting a different girl.

In FF I am really concerned: KA doesn't look like the guy they got to play her brother, and she's way too young to be Sue Richards. Maybe I'm just an old guy and don't know anymore what the kids want, but I'm gonna say again that I wanted Sue Storm to be someone more like Laura Linney.

This post has been edited by civilian_number_two: 18 April 2005 - 11:32 AM

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#23 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:01 PM

Hey for those of you that have read the graphic novels, I just read my first one, A Dame to Kill For. Why the hell wasn't this in the movie? I would've put this in and taken out The Big Fat Kill, which I thought was by far the weakest in the movie. ADTKF is a much more powerful story with some great characters, more time for Marv, and a much better character arc for Dwight. It's much less campy and is an actual story unlike the ridiculously over-the-top violence of TBFK (which I liked, but not as much as the other ones). Anyone agree with me?

#24 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:41 PM

I think they wanted to save some high points for the sequel. Rodriguez plans to film it all.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#25 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:27 AM

Is this movie that good? Can I take a sensitive person to watch it with me?

#26 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:26 AM

"Sensitive?" Please elaborate.

Is this a "date?" If so, I'd recommend CINDERELLA MAN.

#27 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:47 PM

A person who doesn`t like too much graphical blooshed and cursing.

But she liked Kill Bill.

#28 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:36 AM

Note the fact that everyone has been mentioning over-the-top violence and nudity. This doesn't sound like something to go see. Kill Bill (at least "Volume" 1), gets out because the violence is so stupidly cartoony. It's rather hard to take any of it seriously. It seems like this movie is going for gore, not projectile watery blood.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#29 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:57 PM

SIN CITY is not "gory" when compared with KILL BILL VOL 1, but it has a stronger current of cruelty in it. That bit at the end when Uma mutilates that one gal, that's a slight bit out of character for KBV1, but it wouldn't have been noticed in SIN CITY.

#30 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Apr 18 2005, 09:48 AM)
Save Jessica Alba.  I don't think it's any mistake that she was cast in Sin City and The Fantastic Four in the same year.  Mama Mia! 
rolleyes.gif

i think Bruce willis deserves an oscar for not grabbing her ass.

-----

i loooooooooooooooooooooved it.

outside of batman, it's been a while since i walked out of a cinema smiling...
this was one cool film. i have not read the comic books (sorry, 'graphic novel') but i've seen pleanty of pics from them... and i think this movie nailed comic to screen quite brilliantly...

it had everything and moore and pleanty of boobies.... wub.gif

how cool was elija wood?!?

the funny thing about Mickey Rourke is i don't think they really used that much make up...tongue.gif
he was a really good looking guy before and then for whatever reason decided to try his hand at boxing. i don't know how good he was, be he really should have made more of an effort to block hits to his face.

outside of rumblefish i have not paid much attention to Mickey Rourke because i just can't relate to him or the characters he plays genrally... but as a big ugly guy who wears trenchcoats is virtually indestructable at the hands of others and despite being repulsive to women has a lot of really cute female freinds, i have to say there was something i really connected with there...

smile.gif

i thought it was an interesting point that Dwight had the same mental problem as Marv, the same circle of friends, and someone made mention of his "new face"

i haven't read the comix so i didn't jump to any conclusions out of fear of looking like an idiot... (although i don't know why as i had to spend half the movie convincing my friend that Carla Gugino was NOT Rachel Wies! Grrrr....)

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size