• (3 Pages)
  • +

Random Flick Madam Corvax's idea

#31 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:31 AM

There was a novel too? Must root for it. And The Three Museteers? I didn't quite catch the connection, I have to think about it.

Anyway, a friend of mine after seeing the film remarked that Shrek stole a remarkable amount from PB - beautiful princess, gentle giant, bad prince, humour and I can see that it really is so.

#32 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ May 2 2005, 01:31 AM)
There was a novel too? Must root for it. And The Three Museteers? I didn't quite catch the connection, I have to think about it.

Anyway, a friend of mine after seeing  the film remarked that Shrek stole a remarkable amount from PB - beautiful princess, gentle giant, bad prince, humour and I can see that it really is so.

Yes, The Princess Bride was originally a novel, and it was around for a long time before 1987. Hell, they wanted to make a movie about it back in the 1970s, and Arnold Schwarzenegger was even considered for the part of Fezzik the Giant (even though Arnold's only 6'2", which is why he was rejected for the part of the Hulk on the 1970s TV series).

I didn't see many similarities between Shrek and PB, except a similar offbeat sense of humor - and the bad prince.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size