Chefelf.com Night Life: Man Sells Device That Blocks Fox News - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Man Sells Device That Blocks Fox News Monday, March 28, 2005

#1 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:06 PM

Man Sells Device That Blocks Fox News
Monday, March 28, 2005

It's not that Sam Kimery objects to the views expressed on Fox News. The creator of the "Fox Blocker" contends the channel is not news at all. Kimery figures he's sold about 100 of the little silver bits of metal that screw into the back of most televisions, allowing people to filter Fox News from their sets, since its August debut.

The Tulsa, Okla., resident also has received thousands of e-mails, both angry and complimentary - as well as a few death threats.

"Apparently the making of terroristic threats against those who don't share your views is a high art form among a certain core audience," said Kimery, 45.

http://www.local6.co...756/detail.html

An idea whose time has come.

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:19 PM

It's great to make a device that has the ability to block only one channel.

The best thing about ReplayTV is being able to have channels completely eliminated from your lineup. It's amazing how easy it is to pare down a 1000 channel lineup to a mere 40-50 channels.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:28 PM

I wish I could buy a device that would digitally remove Dubya from any tv appearance. The TardBlocker!

#4 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:28 PM

You could buy a device and attach it to your television to block out a certain channel....

Or you could just, like....not watch that channel....

This post has been edited by Emu: 28 March 2005 - 06:29 PM

Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#5 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:07 PM

What?!?

Fox News is the funniest chennel there is...

those guys make me sick, but when i watch it, i start to forget these are real people... it's so surreal... it's like the best pisstake of right wing assholes, but every now and then you remember, it's real...

frightening and funny...

#6 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 29 2005, 08:07 AM)
What?!?
it's like the best pisstake of right wing assholes,

What, better then CNNN?
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#7 User is offline   kdogg Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:49 PM

I don't mind watching Dubya; he's actually pretty entertaining. Bill O'Reilly on the other hand...

#8 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Emu @ Mar 29 2005, 07:28 AM)
You could buy a device and attach it to your television to block out a certain channel....

Or you could just, like....not watch that channel....

Thats what I thought at first, but I think the idea of the machine is to stop it coming up if you just hit the 'channel up/down' buttons, so now you don't have to be subjected to it at all, even for a second.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#9 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:27 PM

What is funny is I saw a Boston Legal episode that talked about this thing.. hehe

Anyway I think part of it is to protect people.. who might be channel surfing in your house.. like your kids.. from seeing something that is clearly a commentary and not un-biased news. But still lets through the this isn't quite commentary, and is still sort of news stations.

#10 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:45 PM

You can program televisions (new ones) to skip certain channels anyway, but I like this because of the principle of the thing.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#11 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:13 PM

it's funny, becuase theres no real need to block it out... you just don't watch it... but it's a great statement...

the guiy responsible seems quite intelligent...

i can't beleive he get's death threats...

fucking PAHBAAH freaks....
"we should kill terrorists because they want to kill us for not agreeing with them, and if anyone disagrees with that we should kill them!"

#12 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Mar 30 2005, 12:28 AM)
Thats what I thought at first, but I think the idea of the machine is to stop it coming up if you just hit the 'channel up/down' buttons, so now you don't have to be subjected to it at all, even for a second.

I got a new tv recently. It takes Forever to change channels. Ok, a second and a half. I don't have the patience.

(so I went to TV guide.com, and they set me up with nickel an issue pricing! laugh.gif )

The best thing about ReplayTV is being able to have channels completely eliminated from your lineup. It's amazing how easy it is to pare down a 1000 channel lineup to a mere 40-50 channels.

that sounds like a dream system. But didn't most vcr's have a feature where you can program them to first acknowledge your cable input; and then edit the list? (Yes I realize nobody uses vcrs anymore. And many not cable.)

Kind of like the ignore user feature? I don't use it. -But I don't read everything either.

At any rate, some will love to tell their friends about the lengths they've taken to support the cause by cutting off Fox news. (Good for them.) smile.gif

#13 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:07 PM

Fox news is no different from cnn or cbs, except they favor the other side. all news stations are biased. just matters which one you lean to. however i find the colors and backround features on fox more appealing.

#14 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:02 AM

I think people mistake me for wanting to get rid of the channels because I don't want to see what's on them. That's part of it, but I NEVER watch those channels (i.e. MTV) anyway. It's just nice to be able to scroll through 30-40 channels and know that that's all there is. You don't have to go through 1000 channels of crap, paid programming, home shopping, music, etc. Just 40 channels of stuff you MAY want to watch. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#15 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:08 AM

The only source the "other side" has is the Daily Show with Fox News and PBS. PBS actually reports facts, but gets props for cutting down the corruption at its knees. And if you say anything bad about a political party, it must be biased slander, of course.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size