Chefelf.com Night Life: Shawnathans Heretic Deathmatch club! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Shawnathans Heretic Deathmatch club! Who wants to deathmatch in Heretic!

#31 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

Like I said, everything works fine, just slow. I'm getting a new computer in about a week, so I can play heretic DM. I also picked up a copy of Doom II for $3, so we can DM in that too.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#32 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:50 PM

Oh god these time zones are confusing me. Shaunathan posted at roughly 6pm (1pm his time) so 8pm should be 1am right? What I'm confused with is british summertime, do my posts on the board reflect it or not. It's current 1.44am here in Blighty

Edit: I could have figured this out by looking at my own posts couldn't I? The board clock says 12.44, so I'm less hours ahead than I thought. In order to kick arse I need to log in at midnight....I think.....

Chyld, help me out with this one would ya.

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 05 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#33 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:44 AM

I'm not sure where exactly Ohio is, but Jane's somewhere on the East Coast, and is 6 hours behind us. Ohio might be an hour behind that, so... hang on, what makes you think I have a clue?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#34 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:49 AM

According to Google, Ohio is in the same time zone as me. If Jane is indeed in the same Louisianna that houses New Orleans, she is one hour behind me and Shawnathon
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#35 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

1am is right, Saw the server, tried to connect, Server went offline.

Oh well, I guess I'd better get out of work earlier in future.

Edit: Oh, and the board doesn't factor BST.

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 06 April 2005 - 07:14 PM

IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#36 User is offline   Shawnathan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

Oh shit, you tried to get on RIGHT as I went offline? I'll have to wait longer next time, sorry about that.
--Idiotic Inc. "Teaching Cheerleaders to use birth control since 2004"
--They Call Him Rick: I'm telling you, it's not that bad

#37 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

Curses! I can't connect, the screen waits for a while but I never see the game.

We do seem to be running different versions though. The MPClients says your on version ea102d and I'm on version B94686. I'm just running the download version, what the hell's going on.
IPB Image

#38 User is offline   Shawnathan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:33 PM

I Have an idea, start your own server. And I'll see if I'm able to get in. You should be able to get in with any version.

#39 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:38 PM

Right-o Server's online. Hope it works.

Edit: Oops, Was downloading another copy of heretic in the background. Bad lag.

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 07 April 2005 - 07:44 PM

IPB Image

#40 User is offline   Shawnathan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:42 PM

This is very weird, I tried to get on...but I had the same problem you did. Then, I installed the downloaded version you had, it STILL didn't work. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm really sorry.

#41 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:45 PM

It did day you joined the game, but then you left. I think my download might have been screwing it up. Give it another try if you can.

Edit: It kept letting you join and the you left straight away. I'll leave the server running in the background for a few hours.

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 07 April 2005 - 07:50 PM

IPB Image

#42 User is offline   Shawnathan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:52 PM

ARG! No, it still won't let me on. Okay, one more idea. Now since I have the same version as you, try to get on my server now.

#43 User is offline   Shawnathan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:43 PM

Nice game there Laughlyn. I lagged a bit too, but it didn't ruin the fun did it?

I'll be sure to free the crap off of my computer, hopefully the server will run better then.

#44 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:41 PM

"Doom? Kickass! Once I work out how the hell to get Doomsday to work properly (I wasn't using it before, but its just being difficult now), and find a copy, I'm in there..."

Grab Doom II instead, it's what I have, and I don't want to bother finding a copy of the origional Doom in the evil stacks of computer games at EB. Games in unlabeled crystal cases take up an entire wall and are in complete disorder, so you have to look at every single game so you don't miss any. I figure since you're going through the stacks anyway, just grab Doom II and save me some trouble. smile.gif

(I don't mean to sound like an asshole with this post Chyld)
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#45 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:03 PM

Sorry if I've been absent from the server, I forgot to pay the bill for the broadband for about 9 months, now they've cut me off (and I'm back to dail-up). The lag was pretty good until Vic decided to download movies on our shared connection sad.gif . I'm working on a write up at the moment (took a few screenshots during the match) . Give me a while to sort out the bills, and I'll be back.

Until then, the rest of you guys get organised and get playing.
IPB Image

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked