Page 1 of 1

Star Wars Music video dvd

#1 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:34 PM

The set to feature a 70-minute DVD.

The hugely anticipated new Star Wars film, Episode III, Revenge of the Sith, will be joined in its release by a comprehensive audio/visual soundtrack release, soundgenerator can report.

'Revenge of the Sith, the final instalment of George Lucas' epic six part adventure is set for release in Cinemas May 19. Two week's prior, fans will be able to enjoy a 70-minute DVD, which will 'take viewers on a musical and visual journey through all six films'.

Film footage added to Star Wars: Episode III soundtrack
John Williams
Picture: P. Manson 

The John Williams-scored soundtrack album is set for release May 3, and 'Star Wars: A Musical Journey' will be included with the initial release.

The new DVD will feature 16 brand-new music videos set to selections from all six of John Williams' unforgettable Star Wars film scores and is set around a timeline taking viewers through the entire six films. Each segment will be introduced by actor Ian McDiarmid (who plays Senator Palpatine in the films) and features a spectacular montage of images, complete with excerpts of the original dialogue and sound effects, set to Williams' unforgettable score, which has been newly remixed and remastered in 5.1 surround sound.

Williams' principal theme for Episode III, 'Battle of the Heroes,' will feature in a music video created by Lucasfilm. Liner notes from George Lucas and an exclusive fold-out poster featuring a montage of images from the film will also be included.

'Episode III: Revenge of the Sith' is the final instalment in the Star Wars saga and will see the Clone Wars rage as the rift widens between Chancellor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) and the Jedi Council. The film's pivotal scenes will see young Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) seduced by promises of power and temptations of the dark side, pledges himself to the evil Darth Sidious and becomes Darth Vader.

Mo money...mo money...mo money...

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 16 March 2005 - 04:35 PM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:04 PM

"original" dialogue it says.

I hope they include music from the carbon freeze scene. (wasn't on the soundtrack, but some of the most powerful.)

*I just put my old ESB soundtrack on, side four (the duel, the magic tree, lando's palace and finale) and it was great. scratches and all.

I suppose this does sound geeky, fine. I got chills when I heard the last strains of the closing credits part.

This post has been edited by Despondent: 16 March 2005 - 05:56 PM

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

i hope it has songs from the first holiday special!!!

#4 User is offline   DistantAngel Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:36 AM

Well, old Georgie has ripped off "Lord Of The Rings" before, it makes sense, given the success of Jackson's trilogy, that he'd do it again.

The "Return Of The King" Minas Tirith box set shipped with a 5th DVD of Howard Shore's LOTR symphony (subtitled: "A Musical Journey Through Middle Earth" - sounds familiar), and there was a similar addition to the soundtrack CD of one of the movies ...

You'd think he'd have a decent, original idea of his own ... oh, sorry, I forgot, this is Lucas we're talking about; a man whose greatest creative achievement is to have stolen (be honest, it's not "borrowing" or "paying tribute to" with George, it's wholesale theft) huge wodges of material from Kurosawa, Frank Herbet, and Tolkien (to name just three).

{Scene - the home of George Lucas, 1976}

GL: Hmm, this "Lord Of The Rings" is a great inspiration. What do we have here? Frodo, a young man who yearns for adventure is given a daunting task to return something of great value to a far off land. He is accompanied on this journey by Gandalf, an old friend, aged, wise, and powerful mentor, and a number of other companions from all walks of life. Pretty soon, Gandalf sacrifices his life to allow Frodo and his friends to escape and continue their important quest. Soon, Frodo and company join forces with like-minded warriors to take part in a great battle - a battle that would be lost were it not for one single action by our hero. Frodo completes his quest, evil is vanquished, and all is well.

{George thinks for a moment - literally}

GL: I'll replace Frodo with "Luke" and Gandalf with "Obi-Wan Kenobi" ... perfect, job done! Rick!!!!

{McCallum walks in}

RM: Yes master?

GL: I've finished the script! I'll start filming, you start telling the world how I'm a creative genius and teller of classic stories that, were it not for my obvious genius, the world would be a poorer place.

RM: Yes, my master!

GL: Oh, and make sure you arrange to have me described as the father of modern visual effects and digital cinema at some point or I'll beat you to death with my neck!

RM: But your neck doesn't look fat enough for that!

GL: Patience, my young apprentice - the future will bring many things - including about 400lbs extra around your waist!

RM: Yes master!

{McCallum leaves - George begins eyeing another literary work}

GL: What's this? Treatment script for something called "Dawson's Creek"? Hmm ... Rick!!! I've got ideas for film 5!!!

{as George continues his hackery, fans around the world begin wishing they were dead just so they could spin in their graves}

#5 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:34 PM

Um why is everyone getting so cynical about this? First of all, it's included, second of all, it's 70 minutes of John Williams music and SW images, which basically means they're elongated SW trailers, which we all know are extremely entertaining. I can't wait.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size