• Last »

Attack of the one liners. ahhhhhhhhhh

#1 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:28 PM

*spoiler*

Apparently their is a sepratist slaughter scene with Anakin that takes place during which he kills nute, rune hakko, and the other sepratists.

And he says one liners during the massacre. Here.

SAN HILL
Welcome, Lord Vader! On behalf of the leadership of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, let me be the first to...

VADER
Very well. You will be the first.

VADER removes his hood and ignites his saber.

SAN HILL
You're Anakin Skywalker!

VADER digs his saber into the chest of SAN HILL.

VADER
The resemblance is deceptive.

SHU MAI
We were promised a reward...a handsome reward!

VADER
I am your reward. You don't find me handsome?

RUNE HAAKO
Stop! Enough! We surrender, do you understand? You can't just kill us!

VADER
Can't I?

RUNE HAAKO
We're unarmed! We surrender! Please, please, you're a Jedi!

VADER
You fought a war to destroy the Jedi.

VADER slashes RUNE HAAKO.

VADER (cont.)
Congratulations on your success.

Next up:

WAT TAMBOR
Please, I'll give you anything. Anything you want!

VADER slashes off the arms of WAT TAMBOR, followed by his head.

VADER
Thank you.

NUTE GUNRAY:
The war... The war is over... Lord Sidious promised... he promised we would be left in peace...

VADER lifts his blade.

VADER:
He promised you would be left in pieces.

And if you want to know the end of the duel....................

obi-Wan dives into a forward roll that ends up with him on the rim of a low cliff, just above the soft black sand of a lava riverbank.

Anakin snarls at Obi-Wan, realising he has been tricked. He leaps off his droid at Obi-Wan's back but is half a second too slow.

Obi-Wan whirls to parry Anakin, but his saber doesn't meet Anakin's blade. Instead, he slices off Anakin's leg at the knee. Then he slices of the other leg at the knee. And while Anakin is still in the air, Obi-Wan uses his blade to slice off Anakin's left arm above the elbow. He steps back as Anakin falls.

Anakin drops his lightsaber, clawing at the edge of the cliff with his mechanical hand, but his grip becomes too powerful for the lava bank and the edge crumbles, and he slides down onto the black sand.

His severed legs and his severed arm rolls into the lava below him and immediately burns.

Anakin claws at the soft black sand, but his struggling only makes him slip farther. The sand itself is hot; digging his mechanical arm into it burns off his glove, and his robes begin to smolder.

Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber. He lifts his own as well and weighs them in his hands. Anakin had based his design upon Obi-Wan's and thus they appear very similar.
Obi-Wan..." pleads Vader from the riverbank. Kenobi looks down. Vader's jedi robes burn while his hair is blackened.

"You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy The Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to The Force, not leave it in darkness. You were my brother, Anakin," says Obi-Wan. "I loved you, but I could not save you."

Above in the sky, Obi-Wan sees a Theta-Class shuttle entering the atmosphere.

Suddenly, Darth Vader bursts into flame.

"I hate you" screams Vader. Obi-Wan Kenobi turns, not wanting to go against the Jedi Code and murder, walks away.

cool.gif thumbsup.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:52 PM

*spoiler*

"Vader" is scripted as "screaming:" "I hate You?"

Now I'm beginning to see the character development of "He's holding me back!"

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:48 PM

He steps back as Anakin falls.

wasn't holding him back that time....

#4 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:53 PM

Wow. Anakin designing his lightsaber to look like Obi-Wan's might have actually meant something if we had actually seen a real relationship between them. Obi-Wan's "You were my brother" line falls flat as well.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#5 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:59 PM

Obi wan stands over anikans burning body;
"Isn't it ironic ankian, I lost my master saving you from slavery, you were some kid that questioned everything i told you, you obeyed nothing even though i was training you to become powerful, while you were saying i was holding you back... and yet, somehow... i ended up chopping your arms and legs off and pushing you into lava...

makes you think..."

yes, i can see the oscar for best screenplay already in their hands...

#6 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:25 AM

Can someone tell me why the script sounds an aweful lot like a violent cartoon series aimed at teens? sleep.gif

I'm not saying I hate teen cartoons, I still like exo-squad and others, but this just isn't... it. This is supposed to be Star Wars, a sofisticated movie for mature audiences and this is all what we get?

"Isn't it ironic ankian, I lost my master saving you from slavery, you were some kid that questioned everything i told you, you obeyed nothing even though i was training you to become powerful, while you were saying i was holding you back... and yet, somehow... i ended up chopping your arms and legs off and pushing you into lava...

Chefelf was right. It wasn't Obi-Wan's fault in teaching him bad. Obi-Wan was a great guy who's only flaw is ending up with a nutjob of a student! angry.gif

#7 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:47 AM

This is so mish-mash!! The trailer maybe great, but if the rest of the film is like this---there truly is NO hope!! I guess we'll have to wait until the next movie to see if it improves. wink.gif

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 16 March 2005 - 12:48 AM

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#8 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:58 AM

SHU MAI
We were promised a reward...a handsome reward!

VADER
I am your reward. You don't find me handsome?

Ahahahaha. Ha. Ha.

*commits suicide*

And yes, isn't it utterly typical of Anakin that his last line is 'I hate you'? Whiny teenager to the last.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#9 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:28 PM

Ahahahaha. Ha. Ha.

*commits suicide*

And yes, isn't it utterly typical of Anakin that his last line is 'I hate you'? Whiny teenager to the last.

Exactly. Why can't Lucas at least make a minor attempt into turning Anakin into a REAL villain? He failed miserably at making him a half-decent hero, completely ruined the concept that being a Jedi is 'cool' and 'mystical' and made Obi-Wan into a moronic buffoon. Also there comes Yoda, who turned from being a wise and respectable mentor into a bouncing circus acrobat and making Kung Fu poses whenever he's in battle (Battle!!).

Honest to god, I've seen so many other movie directors, writersw and TV shows that despict teenagers saying things to the effect of Anakin and still ending up being likeable characters with at least half-decent personalities. George Lucas fails at every last bit and makes Anakin an 8 year old brat stuck in a 19 year olds body. I've had anger problems and tantrums before in the past, but at least I never actually ended up like Anakin, and I did outgrow those problems in only a few years without any adverse effects on anyone! Pity Lucas is so incompitent that he can't even do anything NEAR that!

#10 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:13 PM

if any of this is true, I was utterly wrong in my predictions.

it will be far worse than anything i could have imagined.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#11 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:34 PM

Yes, finally we have some classic vader type dialogue coming out. This movie will ROCK!
I love a guy that can turn the event of slicing down unarmed people into a sarcastic game. Evil.

#12 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:49 PM

No way, that "handsome" line is total BS, therefore the rest is probably a lie.

And the leg dicing bit just reaks of the black knight scene in Monty Python.

I bet it was a bunch of Flying Circus nerds who came up with that. No way it's true~
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#13 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Paladin @ Mar 16 2005, 10:28 AM)
Exactly. Why can't Lucas at least make a minor attempt into turning Anakin into a REAL villain? He failed miserably at making him a half-decent hero, completely ruined the concept that being a Jedi is 'cool' and 'mystical' and made Obi-Wan into a moronic buffoon. Also there comes Yoda, who turned from being a wise and respectable mentor into a bouncing circus acrobat and making Kung Fu poses whenever he's in battle (Battle!!).

Honest to god, I've seen so many other movie directors, writersw and TV shows that despict teenagers saying things to the effect of Anakin and still ending up being likeable characters with at least half-decent personalities. George Lucas fails at every last bit and makes Anakin an 8 year old brat stuck in a 19 year olds body. I've had anger problems and tantrums before in the past, but at least I never actually ended up like Anakin, and I did outgrow those problems in only a few years without any adverse effects on anyone! Pity Lucas is so incompitent that he can't even do anything NEAR that!

Well said, Paladin.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#14 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:12 PM

in all honesty, it all depends on how it is delivered. if delivered bad the whole scene falls flat.

if delivered great, he will have the fanboys pissing their pants

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:17 PM

yes... will it be;

You don't find me handsome?

or

You don't find me handsome?

i think it will rest on that...

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size