• « First
  • Last »

Future AGS games

#46 User is offline   Dark Comet Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:26 PM

Let me know if you require the services of a Beta Tester. I'm always looking for a few more feathers in my cap when it comes to AGS experience.

#47 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:23 PM

Muhahahahahahahaha I recuited a 3D Modeler to my team. So I don't have to work on the sprites *Gets back to work on the plot and learning AGS"

#48 User is offline   vpresrufus Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Killing butterflies

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Mar 28 2005, 12:49 PM)
That's one sweet mother of a game. I can't wait for the full version, quite a few spelling and grammar errors though. And the box of text... I think I would choose a new font for them, its not very clear. I would probably remove the swear words too, replace them with a Monkey Island Style @%&*$ sort of thing to give the effect of swearing with none of the complaints.

Thanks:) Yeah i was expecting a few grammar mistakes, i didnt really proof read it, if you could provide me with a few id be extremely grateful:P (i have bad english:D) Ill change the font aswell i didnt actually mean to put it in bold and forgot to ammend it before i released the demo.

thanks for the feedback:)

#49 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:35 AM

While my 3D modeler is working on the characters/backgrounds which could take a while I'm gonna learn how to customize the GUI and make it abit more user friendly.

Oh yeah that reminds me... There's no save function (Unless its on a button I don't know about)... Since there's a load game button on the main page I assume that there will be one later on...

#50 User is offline   vpresrufus Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Mar 29 2005, 08:35 AM)
While my 3D modeler is working on the characters/backgrounds which could take a while I'm gonna learn how to customize the GUI and make it abit more user friendly.

Oh yeah that reminds me... There's no save function (Unless its on a button I don't know about)... Since there's a load game button on the main page I assume that there will be one later on...

F1 brings up the save/load/quit menu

#51 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:13 AM

Hmmm I'd swear I tried that, oh well maybe not.

#52 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:36 PM

Sometimes I think I was born too late. The only reason I even know what a point and click game was is that my dad bought it Monkey Island. To have been born at the birth of adventure games... Or as I like to call it, the dawn of civilised gaming. *Looks at Postal 2 CD case* Ok, maybe uncivilised games are good too... I just wish I had been born about 10 years eariler so I could have been around at the dawn of the genre. *Walos in being too young*

#53 User is offline   vpresrufus Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Mar 29 2005, 06:36 PM)
Sometimes I think I was born too late. The only reason I even know what a point and click game was is that my dad bought it Monkey Island. To have been born at the birth of adventure games... Or as I like to call it, the dawn of civilised gaming. *Looks at Postal 2 CD case* Ok, maybe uncivilised games are good too... I just wish I had been born about 10 years eariler so I could have been around at the dawn of the genre. *Walos in being too young*

first point n click i ever played was broken sword for playstation... n its still my favourite. Iv never actually played monkey island blink.gif
only problem with adventure games now is its just soooo tempting to start up the net and look up a walkthrough wenever u reach a problem
i guess 1 of the reasons i loved broken sword was coz i cudnt do that (i never had a pc, with it being on the psx n all.) On the other hand, i wish there was always a walkthrough at hand for the less logical of games (ie discworld)

#54 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:04 AM

I played Monkey Island back when I was six or seven. Problem was, our version was buggy and would freeze when you tried to buy the boat. It's odd, at 4 disks, it was the biggest Amiga game I ever saw. But when I went to download it, it was only about 3 Mb.

I've only played Broken Sword 2, but that was really good. My only complaint was it was possible to get into unwinnable situations. For example, if you don't pick up a one pixel item at the start of the game, you will get stuck about three quarters through. That annoyed me. But the again, its the only game where you fly around the world and offer people dog biscuits.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#55 User is offline   vpresrufus Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Mar 30 2005, 05:04 AM)
I played Monkey Island back when I was six or seven.  Problem was, our version was buggy and would freeze when you tried to buy the boat.  It's odd, at 4 disks, it was the biggest Amiga game I ever saw.  But when I went to download it, it was only about 3 Mb.

I've only played Broken Sword 2, but that was really good.  My only complaint was it was possible to get into unwinnable situations.  For example, if you don't pick up a one pixel item at the start of the game, you will get stuck about three quarters through.  That annoyed me.  But the again, its the only game where you fly around the world and offer people dog biscuits.

hahaha the good old dog biscuits

"would you like a biscuit?"
"Uhhh no thanks, those gourmet dog biscuits bring me out in a rash"
"youv tried them?"
"They were on special offer, so pearl bought a whole crate. when i asked her if she was thinking of keeping a dog, she just laughed"

if i remember correctly those biscuits ended up getting eaten by an indian shaman as a gift:S
gotta love that game, although BS 1 waas better IMO

#56 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime)
I've only played Broken Sword 2, but that was really good.  My only complaint was it was possible to get into unwinnable situations.  For example, if you don't pick up a one pixel item at the start of the game, you will get stuck about three quarters through.  That annoyed me.  But the again, its the only game where you fly around the world and offer people dog biscuits.

That has given me an idea for a puzzle. The great thing about making a comedy game is if your plot is incoherent you can just say that's the whole point. Which is more than useful in a game that involves time travel.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 30 March 2005 - 05:01 AM

#57 User is offline   Dark Comet Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:56 AM

Don't forget the lucky piece of coal!

Give it to the goat... it had me in stitches.

#58 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:18 AM

I can vaugley remember trying to feed people a tequila worm. And the japanese girls in the museum saying you were cute. My memory of the game is very stretched.

On the topic of timetravel though, I think it's better if it is coherent. Otherwise people just throw in the towel in annoyance. One of my favourite time-travel jokes was in Rob Blanc 3, where we got gyped out of finding two of the four pieces.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#59 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:44 AM

Any storyline that involves time travel will have incoherecy, its a fact, because it is not possible we don't know what is going to happen so each person that makes a game or story about time travel can only take into account a certain number of the varibles that timr travel throws in. The basically theories are, timeline and alternative universe. Both if you use your bound to get a few plot problems. However because its a game you can make a joke out of it like, "The sands of time are pulling me back, giving me a message... Don't go threw the door... But why?... I'm there already there aso it would seriously mess up the plot? Oh wait its just the dude that made the game..."

Its the fact that we don't know how it works or what will happen that makes people write about it. If you call up a taxi to yesterday no-one would care since no-one makes games about a trip in a taxi unless it involves killing somewhere.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 30 March 2005 - 09:47 AM

#60 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:54 AM

I remember a movie which did time travel quite differently. It let you go back to a certain place in your past, much like reloading a saved game, at any point of your life of your choosing.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size