• +

Watch the New Trailer Here ...if you dare

#16 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:15 PM

"I, Lord Palpatine, will knock you all down!"

Apparently I play too many FF games. More to the point, this movie can't help but be a stinker. It's got too many points against it.

-Same weak actors. Christopher Lee is the only properly cast actor in any of the two new movies. Probably the Darth Maul guy too, but he didn't do much acting anyway.

-Stiff plot. It has to continue Ep 2's while not contradicting anything in 4,5, or 6. And when you think about how many inconsistancies there already are, that's pretty ugly. Tar or Lava pit? Lucas said tar back then, but now it's lava that Anakin gets pushed into? Either way, Anakin getting smoked is definately part of the movie I don't want to miss.

-Too many hangers-on. Jar-Jar. Baby Fett. Samuel L. Jackson. Count Dooku. All the other Jedi. Lots of people need to die, but I'll wager you 5 to 1 that we don't get kickin' Gungan jerky in the first hour.

-The world's WORST film love affair. Either its the actors, or the lines, or both (which seems most likely), but Anakin and Padme approach necking worse than panda bears.

I'd list more, but I'm getting depressed thinking about how much of a waste the inevitable multiple admissions are going to cost...
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#17 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:44 PM

if your are brave enough to watch the oc you will see the real version there. or ill try to post it here off hyperspace if it can be done. I know you all will like this trailer....give in to the Lucas side.....it is the only way you can save your friends. Also I read somehting interesting on the OS today. Appaerntly spielberg helped Lucas with the yoda/sidious fight and some stuff on Mustafar.

I guess back in the day it was ok for star wars to have super cheesy dialogue, but not now. Meh , just watch the trailer you darksiders and your journey torwards the lucas side will be complete.

This post has been edited by use the force: 10 March 2005 - 05:57 PM

#18 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:43 PM

"Also I read somehting interesting on the OS today. Appaerntly spielberg helped Lucas with the yoda/sidious fight and some stuff on Mustafar."

what would he have told lucas?

#19 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:47 PM

i dunno, pherhaps if lucas was gonna do some gay shit spielberg would step in and say no thats not a good idea.

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

The OC: have it on tape. (watched Survivor.)

But did see a promo for CBS Sixty Minutes on Sunday night, regarding an interview with Luc(hiss) and exclusive material. I'll be on the road Sunday, is it important enough to stick on my pre-programmed Simpson's reel?

Nah. I've passed on all the DVD propaganda. What's the difference?

#21 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (use the force @ Mar 10 2005, 05:44 PM)
I guess back in the day it was ok for star wars to have super cheesy dialogue, but not now. Meh , just watch the trailer you darksiders and your journey torwards the lucas side will be complete.

This is the one thing I hate about prequel defenders (not directed at you UTF, it's a generalization). Always it's, "The OT had cheesy dialogue too!" No, it didn't. It didn't have the best dialogue in the world, but the dialogue it had either served it's purpose, BOTH emotionally and plotwise, or was a funny sidetrack.

Comic Relief in ANH - You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.
Comic Relief in AOTC - This is such a drag! I'm quite beside myself!

Notice a difference? One is a smart, witty line, one is for 2 year olds. The dialogue in the OT is NOT super cheesy except for a couple limited parts, but even then, because they are delivered well by good actors, the cheesiness goes over the audiences heads. NEVER compare the PT dialogue with the OT. NEVER.

#22 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Vwing @ Mar 10 2005, 09:37 PM)
This is such a drag!  I'm quite beside myself!

D'oh! He had the opportunity to use that in ESB. Talk about your missed opportunities.

four minutes into the OC, I freeze framed it. (I'd shoot it but can't find my charger. Let me get back to you.)

"produced by:
loucasGEORGE"

coincidence? Meesum tink nossum

#23 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 11 March 2005 - 12:17 AM

Ok, I just watched it. Twice. Seems to be the same as the Peruvian bootleg, but I really couldn't tell what was going on this morning. (I KNEW I should have watched that on the brighter monitor.)

Anyway, there's a glimpse of Grievous, a shot of Smits, and some music from the ESB duel.

And some hope remains Lucas pulls a Vader. You might say a little something for everyone. smile.gif

(ok, it did seem a little contrived)

#24 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:21 AM

Crap version #2 of trailer IN ENGLISH, special note to Google who will help crashchefelf in the next 20 minutes DOWNLOAD STAR WARS REVENGE OF THE SITH EPISODE III TRAILER HERE
http://homepages.tes...es/Trailer2.mov

Ehhh....its not worth it you freaks...

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 11 March 2005 - 01:35 AM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#25 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:48 AM

Here we go: (Eat shit George Lucas) this is the real thing, get it now before its gone.
http://d25.yousendit...ler-640x360.mov

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 11 March 2005 - 01:52 AM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#26 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 11 March 2005 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (Vwing @ Mar 11 2005, 03:37 AM)
This is the one thing I hate about prequel defenders (not directed at you UTF, it's a generalization).  Always it's, "The OT had cheesy dialogue too!"  No, it didn't.  It didn't have the best dialogue in the world, but the dialogue it had either served it's purpose, BOTH emotionally and plotwise, or was a funny sidetrack. 

Comic Relief in ANH - You came in that thing?  You're braver than I thought.
Comic Relief in AOTC - This is such a drag!  I'm quite beside myself!

Yes, exactly. The dialogue in the OT could be cheesy, but it was never, ever anything like as bad as what we've seen in the PT. Never.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#27 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:44 AM

My computer wouldn't download the trailers so I just clicked on the screencaps link. Looks like Episode III will be great eye candy, so lets hope something goes wrong with the speaker systems so that we can't hear the crappy dialogue.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#28 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Mar 10 2005, 04:33 PM)
If you need bringing back to reality, try these other lines I've heard elsewhere:
[ROTS SPOILERS]
"I am sorry I don't have time to fight you. It would have been an interesting match but I have an appointment with an escape pod and you... YOU have appointments with death." - General Grievous

"Your time is over! The Sith rule the galaxy! Now and forever!" - Palpatine

"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was, I must say." - Yoda, replying to Palpatine.

"...by the release of self, not the exaltation of self. It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness." - Qui-Gon, on the secret of eternal life.

"Qui-Gon, your apprentice, I gratefully become." - Yoda

The first two are cheesy crap, but that's what you expect. What the hell is Yoda saying in that third quote. I still can't understand it. I thought you were suppose to get MORE senile with age. But Yoda seems to make alot more sense in Empire and Return than he does in the prequel trilogies. The fourth quote by Qui Gon..just sucks and the fifth is possibly the stupidest line delivered yet. Oh well, Im sure we can look forward to Hayden's perfomance to save the movie dry.gif

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 11 March 2005 - 02:08 PM

#29 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:51 PM

It still pisses me off that Yoda<<<YODA>>> NINE-HUNDRED-FREAKIN'-YEARS-OLD! and he doesn't "get it" about becoming a Force Ghost at "the end!"

BULL-KAKA-POODOO!!! I say!!!

And if Spielberg truly has helped Lucas... let's pray he has "truly helped" George. Though I'm not the biggest Spielberg fan in the world, I truly would appreciate his input, and if he's really a true friend of Lucas', I hope Lucas listens.

However, I still do not have the highest hope for this film. Not with craptacular dialogue like that---man, it pisses me off!
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#30 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2005 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Mar 10 2005, 04:33 PM)
If you need bringing back to reality, try these other lines I've heard elsewhere:
[ROTS SPOILERS]
"I am sorry I don't have time to fight you. It would have been an interesting match but I have an appointment with an escape pod and you... YOU have appointments with death." - General Grievous

"Your time is over! The Sith rule the galaxy! Now and forever!" - Palpatine

"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was, I must say." - Yoda, replying to Palpatine.

"...by the release of self, not the exaltation of self. It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness." - Qui-Gon, on the secret of eternal life.

"Qui-Gon, your apprentice, I gratefully become." - Yoda

I see... haven't read any spoiler quotes before myself. Hate the last one. A lot. yell.gif
But I still think odds are good that it will be the best PT episode, whatever that means rolleyes.gif

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size