• +
  • Last »

Watch the New Trailer Here ...if you dare

#1 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:12 PM

Go to this site look down, see the link and click. Its a very bad copy of a vid cam inside a theater...and its in a foreign language(some of it), but its enough to give gushers hardons for a month. I call it the "Chosen One" trailer.

http://www.dtheatre....ad.php?sid=3030

Your welcome droolers.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#2 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:24 PM

I have to admit, based on this preview it LOOKS like it might be good. But that's what I thought about the Phantom Menace preview too, and well, I have to admit I never actually cared to see, nor did I happen to see EP.II trailer.

This LOOks like a good movie mind you.

You know, what if this was a good film?

I would be so pissed that he fucking wasted all those years, and millions of dollars on the crap we know as ep1 and 2. I'd have EVEN MORE CONTEMPT for George Lucas.

IF it was a good film, its only going to piss people off, basically telling them, "this is all you get." You waited 25 years for this, were mislead 4 times and finally you get this, no more sequels, prequels or anything. Fuck you.

However, don't get your panties in a bind yet, I guarantee this film will suck: it will make you feel queasy in ways you have not yet experience in a movie theater.

Trust me, I know whats coming.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#3 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:51 PM

it won't be good. it's all flash and eye candy.

#4 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:00 AM

With the rumors, I have no doubt it'll be crap. I, too, thought the TPM trailer was pretty cool at one time. Now, I feel so burned. I didn't even see the AOTC trailer until about three to four weeks after it appeared.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#5 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:28 AM

some people have a theory that ROTS will be the ROTJ of the prequels. I agree. you just know everything is going to be forced. can lucas do dark? has hayden christensen done enough damage to star wars? do natalie portman, ewen "roger moore impersonator" mcgregor and sam jackson know that they have been terribly miscast and do not suit their roles one bit? is a CGI yoda a downright uncalled for insult to the work of frank oz? do we even care about anakin skywalker? there's about 5 lightsabre duels in this film. im not kidding. i thought yoda fighting was an insult to my love of star wars. guess what. your going to see it again ffs! even the fucking emporer is going to fight. I THOUGHT THE WHOLE POINT WAS THAT HE DIDN'T NEED TO FIGHT. just another excuse for lame ass cheap thrills for dumb impressionable audiences.

#6 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:54 AM

Damn, the SW geek in me badly wants it to be good. I blame Ian McDiarmids "Are you threatening me Master Jedi?".

But then again, there's the "chosen one" crap again. So it will be explained? Probably not...

This post has been edited by HK 47: 10 March 2005 - 05:59 AM

#7 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:17 AM

I've read bits of the dialogue in the spoilers that have been released. Believe me, it is not going to be good. Of course, I don't know what the action sequences will be like, so if that's all you care about there may be something in there for you...
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#8 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (HK 47 @ Mar 10 2005, 05:54 AM)
Damn, the SW geek in me badly wants it to be good. I blame Ian McDiarmids "Are you threatening me Master Jedi?".

whenever i hear or read that line, i always think "are you seducing me..."

but that's just me.

#9 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:53 PM

it won't be good. it's all flash and eye candy.

Define eye camdy. If you mean 'special effects that look good' than I'm sad to say, but you're mistaken. While I was a LITTLE impressed by the special effects of TPM, I didn't give a nick for the effects of AOTC, so if anything, flashy CGI isn't going to salvage anything in the movie for me. I would just love some PLOT for once, and some decent character development. But all I got from the last two movies are plotless stories and the single most annoying character (Anakin) I've ever seen in ANY movie.

#10 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Garth Vader @ Mar 10 2005, 11:11 AM)
whenever i hear or read that line, i always think "are you seducing me..."
but that's just me.

laugh.gif
"Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to say?" /The Graduate
And yeah, I think it might be just you smile.gif

That's the problem with trailers isn't it. They camoflage Georges stuff pretty well.

#11 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:56 PM

More innuendo is in the lines about Anakin wanting to learn something "unnatural" from Palpatine who responds..."Not from a Jedi"
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#12 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:06 PM

the new name dropping of a sith lord is "darth plaguis" - no kidding. I can't wait for the appearace of Darth Naughitus or Darth Misbehavious.

#13 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:13 PM

Darth Naughtius!LOL....darth incontinencia...darth Ooohyooaresobig...darth oppressus the list goes on...
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#14 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (HK 47 @ Mar 10 2005, 11:54 AM)

If you need bringing back to reality, try these other lines I've heard elsewhere:

[ROTS SPOILERS]

"I am sorry I don't have time to fight you. It would have been an interesting match but I have an appointment with an escape pod and you... YOU have appointments with death." - General Grievous

"Your time is over! The Sith rule the galaxy! Now and forever!" - Palpatine

"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was, I must say." - Yoda, replying to Palpatine.

"...by the release of self, not the exaltation of self. It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness." - Qui-Gon, on the secret of eternal life.

"Qui-Gon, your apprentice, I gratefully become." - Yoda
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#15 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:42 PM

helena - please tell me those were fakes.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size