Chefelf.com Night Life: official revenge of the sith poster revealed - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

official revenge of the sith poster revealed and yoda's flying kung fu on it!

#1 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:16 AM

http://www.starwars....ws20050308.html

I dunno what to think

This post has been edited by Garth Vader: 09 March 2005 - 09:21 AM

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:27 AM

Well, there's plenty of lens flare. Always a sign of good taste. wink.gif

#3 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:25 AM

I can't believe this is Struzan's stuff. It's so different, but it's not the best of his stuff.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#4 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:59 AM

The poster's okay, I saw it at www.originaltrilogy.com It's better than that crappy teaser poster with the cartoonish looking Anakin sporting a bad Darth Vader mask cape.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:29 AM

That certainly does take lens flare to the next level. The Emperor looks like Bill's grandma when Bill and Ted go to hell in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#6 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 01:18 PM

Do I need to spell it out for you? M-O-R-E C-R-A-P From LUCASFILM INTERNATIONAL. A completely bland and meaningless poster. Who cares.
Star Wars sucks, time to jump ship lads.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#7 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2005 - 01:53 PM

WTF? That's really aweful. I can't tell why, but there's something very wrong about that poster... huh.gif

#8 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 09 March 2005 - 01:57 PM

Oh goodie, it looks like the ROTJ poster, the weakest movie of the OT. Sign that this could be the weakest of the PT? Parallels are already there. A climatic battle between "family" ("Obi Wan's like a father to me...A father I hate, but none the less a father"), a planet inhabited by furry aliens (Why do I have this feelings the way Wookies will be potrayed they'll make me long for the ewoks dry.gif ) and the Emperor makes an appearance. For some twisted reason I was hoping this could be enjoyable, but the ROTJ foreshadowing has dashed those hopes.

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 09 March 2005 - 01:59 PM

#9 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:39 PM

I think it looks exactly the way it's expected to look. No surprises there. Except of course provoking a sense of dread due to more Yoda bouncyball fighting...

#10 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:40 PM

Looks pretty ordinary to me, though none of the four main characters featured look particularly good.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#11 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:45 PM

something about how the characters are all placed seems off. PAdmes hair looks stupid and palps should have a bigger spot since this is his main movie.

I think people are are gonna feel jipped with all this vader advertising when he only appears for about 5 mins in the film.

#12 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:56 PM

Anakin needs to get a haircut, and Obi-Wan looks sorely in need of laxatives.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#13 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:07 PM

Meh, they're just trying to morph him into Alec G.

Personally, I have more problems with the Epijoke Two poster. Just not very riveting.

#14 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:08 PM

a few things annoy me.

first of all, vader is whoring the background, or even half the picture. I was convinced the poster would have anakin's face half shrouded by vader's mask or something...i dunno...i think it's cause this film is supposed to be about him turning bad and not vader. - who if yer seeing for the first time in order you're not supposed to know who that is.

yoda is flying again - totally out of sync with his character. he shouldn't need to be flying around.

no driods, and no (normal) palpatine anywhere.

I thought the first two prequel posters were 10 million times better.

#15 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Mar 9 2005, 04:07 PM)
Personally, I have more problems with the Epijoke Two poster. Just not very riveting.

Well, it does a fine job of capturing the feeling of the movie in that respect.
sleeping.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size