Chefelf.com Night Life: New Star Wars trailer debuts during the O.C. - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

New Star Wars trailer debuts during the O.C. a new fuckin low for lucas and co.

#16 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:20 PM

This from TV GUIDE: "WELCOME TO THE O.C., DARTH: If the sight of lesbians playing tonsil hockey doesn't get dudes to watch The O.C., maybe a light-saber duel will do the trick. Fox has announced plans to premiere an all-new trailer for Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith during the March 10 episode of The O.C. The trailer will be released in theaters the following day."

Tonsel hockey? Saber Duel? Is this show about homosexuals?

Perhaps we were all wrong all along. Maybe the intended audience for Star Wars was for gays all these years. Now that we've all grown up and realized we aren't gay, maybe thats where out frustration is coming from. "guess what Mom...I'm NOT gay!"
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#17 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Mar 1 2005, 01:51 PM)
Makes you wonder if that 20 year delay between trilogies was intended. 

It sure was. He was waiting until the Kenner contract ran out, so he could negotiate a better toy contract for the new movies.

This is not a joke.

And Hannibal: The "lesbians" in the OC are the kinds of "lesbians" we guys like, not the sort that actual lesbians might recognize.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#18 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:32 AM

It sure was. He was waiting until the Kenner contract ran out, so he could negotiate a better toy contract for the new movies.

This is not a joke.

Hey, I know that in business you gotta make as much profit as possible to survive but... 20 years is a pretty long time...

#19 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:25 PM

Lucas doesn't need to make money on the movies...

Hannibal's Private Investigations brings you:

http://cobrands.cont...1997.10.14.html

http://cobrands.cont...1998.10.30.html

http://www.lucasfilm...ions/licensing/

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 02 March 2005 - 02:34 PM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#20 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:39 PM

http://www.femalefir...ent/7222004.htm

EWAN McGREGOR was so intent on buying a brand new DUCATI sports motorbike while filming STAR WARS - EPISODE 1: THE PHANTOM MENACE, director GEORGE LUCAS decided to buy it for him.

McGregor was paying cash for the super bike, which he ordered direct from Italy, and was fast spending all his Star Wars salary on the machine before Lucas stepped in and treated him.
Speaking in his upcoming round-the-world bike-ride memoirs, LONG WAY ROUND, the actor recalls, "Every few weeks I would bowl into the Star Wars accounts department at Leavesden (Studios) to ask for an advance, taking out thousands of pounds each time.
** Article Continues Below **
** The Ewan McGregor, article continues now **

"It was a lot of cash to ask for against my wages, and it all had to be authorised.

They were making Star Wars and all I could think about was this wonderful Ducati."One afternoon, I got a phone call from RICK McCALLUM, the producer and George Lucas' right-hand man. He wanted to speak to me about the bike.

"'George and I want to know how much this bike is costing you,' he said. I told him how much, thinking I was about to be castigated for bothering the production accountants. 'George and I would like to buy it for you,' Rick said."I was stunned. For the next few years I rode around on what was George Lucas' bike."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#21 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:42 PM

Chump Change

A major financial win for the Trust was a controversial deal signed with Lucas Arts. The company is building its new headquarters of Industrial Light and Magic on the site of the former Letterman hospital. After competing with several entities in a tight competition, George Lucas won the development rights in June 1999 to relocate on 23 acres (93,000 mē) of the Presidio. A massive $250 million, 1,500 employee corporate campus will replace former ILM headquarters in San Rafael. Lucas Learning Ltd., Lucas Online, and the George Lucas Educational Foundation will also move to the site. Lucas' proposal includes plans for a high-tech Presidio museum and a seven acre (28,000 mē) "Great Lawn" that will be open to the public.

http://www.answers.c...san-francisco-1

Galoob Gets Screwed By G.Lucas:
http://www.nycourts....01999/BTCOM.htm

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 02 March 2005 - 03:03 PM

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#22 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:50 PM

Lucasfilm is located in Marin County, California. The mailing address for Lucasfilm is P.O. Box 10228, San Rafael, CA 94912.

Correspondence to George Lucas can be mailed to Lucasfilm at the address above. All requests for interviews are handled by Lucasfilm's Publicity Department.

Sattellite photos of Skywalker Ranch cleary show Weapons of Mass Destruction.

------------------------------
George Lucas vs. Protesters:

"The producer
of the movie trilogy "Star Wars" tried unsuccessfully to
prevent public interest groups from using in their adver-
tisements opposing President Reagan's Strategic Defense
Initiative (an anti-missile program) the term "star wars"
to denote the SDI. In the course of rejecting the pro-
ducer's claim, the court remarked that the use of the term
"Star Wars" to denote the SDI would not prevent the pro-
ducer from using the term "in connection with goods and
services." 622 F. Supp. at 935. All that this can sensibly
mean is not that Lucasfilm retained the exclusive right to
use the term in connection with any and all goods and services,
an issue not remotely before the court, but that
it remained free to use its trademark "Star Wars" to
designate the movies and the merchandise associated with
them. If someone bought rights to the SDI from the U.S.
government and sold the anti-missile program to another
country under the name "Star Wars," nothing in the Lucas-
film opinion or in the principles of trademark law would
entitle Lucasfilm to enjoin that use of the name."

Lucasfilm Ltd. v. High Frontier

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 02 March 2005 - 03:08 PM

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size