Chefelf.com Night Life: New Star Wars trailer debuts during the O.C. - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

New Star Wars trailer debuts during the O.C. a new fuckin low for lucas and co.

#1 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:18 AM

that's right, the new trailer for ROTS will be broadcast on march 10th during THE OC! the most vile, putrid, rancid, disgusting excuse for a trashy television show there is. you cannot measure my cold hatred for that show and people who love it.

suddenly I feel bad for liking star wars all of a sudden when this is the way it's whored out to everyone. way to go luca$$$$!

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Garth Vader @ Mar 1 2005, 12:18 AM)
that's right, the new trailer for ROTS will be broadcast...during...the most vile, putrid, rancid, disgusting excuse..there is.

You sound surprised.

I guess I'm happy that you feel bad. smile.gif I guess. mellow.gif

(I say OC has better acting.)

#3 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:11 AM

You sound surprised that Lucas wants people to see the film hes made.

#4 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:29 AM

no, he could at least peddle his product through reasonable sources.

#5 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:50 AM

Isn't the correct procedure to wait until the month or the first two weeks prior to your film's release to start unveiling TV spots?
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#6 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:17 AM

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the OC?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#7 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:51 AM

A soap-operay night-time show which my mother likes to watch, but it's trashy and ridiculous. It has already gone through several "jump the shark" moments. I don't understand what demographic Lucas is shooting for here.

I get the feeling his daughter watches the O.C. and he's doing it for her.

Thankfully, I'm busy that night.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#8 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:45 AM

I seriously doubt that I'll ever see this new trailer, so I'll have to depend entirely on you guys to tell me how crappy it was.

Good luck watching it through while keeping your sanity!

#9 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:42 AM

Well, you know, it's an advertisement. I admit that I know precious little about "The OC" but it seems like the purpose of an advertisement is just to get the word out there.

I'm surprised that the advertisers for this show aren't paying Lucas to run this ad seeing that that show will most likely receive record ratings on March 10th. It's like Meet Joe Young (I don't remember if it was the one with the monkey or Brad Pitt [or both?!?!]) doing so well at the box office because people were paying $7.00 just to go see the Star Wars trailer then leaving.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#10 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Mar 1 2005, 08:17 AM)
Excuse my ignorance, but what's the OC?

It is another High School Rich kid soap opera that is really popular here in the US. It is kinda like Beverly Hills 90210 but with better looking kids and updated for 2004.

#11 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:26 PM

From StarWars.com:

"So make a date to watch "The O.C.", make sure you're subscribed to starwars.com Hyperspace, and head on out to see Robots at a theater near you to make sure you catch as much of the Episode III trailer as you can."

[Sarcastic statement] Yes mr Lucas Sir. I'll gladly watch a revolting episode of The OC and pay admittance to starwars.com Hyperspace for a trailer that will be available for free online mere hours after the official release.

[Frightening query] How many people actually pay to see the trailer? Thousands? Tens of thousands? Meatbags all of them...

#12 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:06 PM

The entire movie plot, pics, spoilers, you name it are out there in the internet world. Why would pay money for something you can get for free?

#13 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:38 PM

The business model is sheer genius when you think about it. People actually pay money for an advertisment that will tempt them to pay more money for a shite movie.

#14 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:51 PM

It must be great to create something so beloved that people will continue to do this. Think about it: Lucas created something so great, that people will do these things, spend money in these ways. And we all will be here talking about it, thinking about it, obsessing over it.

Makes you wonder if that 20 year delay between trilogies was intended. He got $20 from me for the TPM DVD, another $20 for the AOTC DVD as well... even though I hated the two movies. I bought the VHS tilogy on no fewer than three occassions for between $40 and $50 a pop for each new release version even though I had them all on VHS tape off of TV.

And I have the new special edition DVDs which is another $40, even though civilian_number_two was kind enough to donate that to me. smile.gif

smile.gif That's a lot of money.

sad.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#15 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:59 PM

I refuse to buy the DVDs (any of them) still, have not given Lucas money since THE PHANTOM MENACE, and am proud to say so. I shall once again give my money to another May showing feature while then going to see Lucas' crapfest.

However I have devoted much time to bashing his crap and him for a long time now.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size