Chefelf.com Night Life: Original Trilogy on DVD - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Original Trilogy on DVD Lucas admits to making more changes.

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 January 2004 - 12:19 PM

From TheForce.Net:

Lucas Confirms DVD Changes to Classics
Tue, Jan 06, 04 02:08:12 AM EST

Rob sends us this interesting note:

A little something I noticed today while browsing in Barnes & Noble today might be of some interest to other Star Wars fans. It's not much, but in Robert J. Emery's The Directors: Take 4, there is a chapter dedicated to George Lucas and his work. In it, George Lucas discusses his revisions to the Classic Trilogy that we are all familiar with in the Special Editions. However, at the end of that section, Lucas mentions that when the Classic Trilogy is released on DVD he will finally be able to release the films in the way he had originally intended.

He doesn't come out and say it directly, but I think it is fairly safe to assume that he intends to make additional changes to the Classic Trilogy. Either way, there are some good things in this book would recommend the series to any interested in filmmaking.

Sure sounds like it to us as well.

http://www.theforce....dex.shtml#22966

Thanks to Billy for sending me the news. :yuck:
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   WhoCares Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:17 PM

I have a bad feeling about this........
Thank you Lucas for killing the last I had of my childhood.

#3 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:59 PM

Oh well, I still own the original trilogy on video.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#4 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:33 PM

Same here, and anyway, you never know, maybe he'll just have the changes as optional, you know like all the other deleted scene stuff, though it would be cool if he added (as I believe he's said he would) the Biggs scene on Tatooine into ANH. With the addition of Biggs reuniting with Luke before the Battle of Yavin, it'll really make his death much more powerful.

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Vwing @ Jan 7 2004, 06:33 PM)
Same here, and anyway, you never know, maybe he'll just have the changes as optional, you know like all the other deleted scene stuff, though it would be cool if he added (as I believe he's said he would) the Biggs scene on Tatooine into ANH. With the addition of Biggs reuniting with Luke before the Battle of Yavin, it'll really make his death much more powerful.

It was incredibly stupid to include the second Biggs scene in the special edition but not the first one. It just sorta confused the viewer. Only serious Star Wars fans even had any clue as to why Luke was talking to some dude with a mustache before the assault on the Death Star.

I doubt he'll have the special edition/non-special edition be optional. It would be great if he did but I really don't think he will. Normally if it sounds to good to be true (or good at all) it isn't going to happen.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#6 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Jan 7 2004, 07:12 PM)
It just sorta confused the viewer.  Only serious Star Wars fans even had any clue as to why Luke was talking to some dude with a mustache before the assault on the Death Star.

Yeah, it was kinda like on a sitcom where some fringe character is introduced because it's integral to that week's plotline. A wonderful device used in the Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Simpsons episode (and more appropriately, the secondary reference episode) "Hey Mr & Mrs 'S'", "Oh, Hi Ray..."

#7 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:45 PM

Biggs had such a central role in the original story (the book that Lucas wrote way back when), it's strange to see him as a side-character in the movies when he played such a large part in Luke's yearing to leave Tatooine in the novel.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size