• « First

Glamis, book 2 Part 2 of my satirical fantasy novel

#316 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:34 AM

I love the artwork, really excellent. That definately looks like a Glamis. The two in the background have the best exp​ressions, I don't think the face on the main drawing quite fits Glamis though. That kind of exp​ression might do better on Randylyl.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#317 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:42 AM

Laughlyn... I am speechless.. This is excellent...

#318 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:26 AM

thanks guys (and girl), It's nice to know I'm not making a complete mess of JM's ideas. I have to confess I was a bit worried I'd gone overboard on the armour\cloak stuff, but I'll play around with the angle of the face a little and switch the exp​ression to someting a little more sly\roguish before I scan it in. He does look a little bit too serious to be Glamis.

After that i'll try and work on some ideas around Phil's description.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#319 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:41 AM

Laughlyn- I imagine Glamis with kind of a maybe vacant but happy look, like a smiling fool who thinks he knows whats going on but dosnt. As for Phil, I wrote in his description about the chicken wing in his beard, right?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#320 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:21 AM

Those were great. I especially liked the armour and cloak. And I'd have to agree with JM, Glamis strikes me as similar in facial exp​ression as Figher from 8bit theater. Good natured, but not quite there. Avidly awaiting Phil, for he is awesome.

This post has been edited by SimeSublime: 12 May 2005 - 07:22 AM

The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#321 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:36 PM

The guy in 8-bit theatre's only 24 pixels tall and his only facial features are 1 eye and an eyebrow! (just kidding, I know what you mean, I'm going to twist the image a bit for a more direct face shot first, then I'll fix the exp​ression.).

Just playing around with ideas to kill time this evening, so I thought I'd upload a couple of pages before I call it a night:

Not quite what I was working towards since he looks way too happy\cartoony\loose with the sanity, scannings removed most of the chicken wing in the bottom right of the beard, and buggered the mouth somewhat, could do with bigger eyebrows.

Mr former king and tyrant, more of a mess around with fancy armour and by the numbers villian exp​ressions. for some reason the one on the right makes me think of a angry cartoon Boromir.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#322 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

Those are both spot on. I especially love Zorbilliam's confident look on the one that's in the left center. Phil looks just as I'd envisioned him as well, especially the one on the far right. Excellent, excellent stuff.

#323 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:58 AM

The throw apple Phil looks quite funny, I can just imagine it with the voices.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#324 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

Haha, I love how Phil's beard has picked up so much stuff. Kickass with a capital K.

Edit: Hell, all of his clothing... That fishhook in his hat... FUCKING A.

Edit 2: The old sprites were 16 by 32, methinks.

Edit 3: Nope, 16x24! Hmm... maybe I'm thinking of the Super Nintendo?

This post has been edited by Slade: 15 May 2005 - 05:30 PM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (22 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size