Chefelf.com Night Life: The Public Defender & The Blonde Widow - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

The Public Defender & The Blonde Widow I need input

#1 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:20 AM

I'm dabbling in drafts of a kind of romantic comedy for superheroes, working title "The Public Defender & The Blonde Widow".

Richard Clark Brooker is a stuntman for a few months at a time and the superheroic Public Defender the rest of the time. Michelle Lee Adrian is a Senator from California who moonlights as the lusty dominatrix villainess known as the Blonde Widow. When the Public Defender and the Blonde Widow cross paths, they fall madly in love/lust and begin dating secretly even though he's trying to save the world that she's trying to take over. Then the tabloids start reporting on them and it balloons into a huge scandal that piques at the Blonde Widow becoming pregnant with the Public Defender's child (which leads to Public Defender having his superhero license revoked by the Superheroes Union).

Other characters include the hard-drinking Irish superhero known as the Pike-Man (who wields a magic, multi-purpose pike), the super athletic and ridiculously saintly Fencer (try to imagine Rachel Weisz in a white spandex version of the Zorro costume), and the burly Greco-Roman (think Eric Bana from Troy).

Villains include the telekinetic Mime (who uses his "Mime Power" to keep everyone at arm's length), the oversexed Incubus (who can read anyone's worst fear), the Rotoscoper (who immobilizes people by drawing over them) and the man-crab mutant Dr. Cancerous.

Any ideas/advice/input is welcomed (and desperately needed). I know what little commentary there is will be obvious but hopefully that'll add to the humorous tone of the whole thing.

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 21 February 2005 - 12:21 AM

I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#2 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:39 PM

Sounds pretty good so far laugh.gif

If you're basing the Greco-Roman on portrayals from recent movies, why not include an unstated but ridiculously obvious homosexual subtext, like whatshisname in Alexander? Longing glances every time a good-looking young man walks by, that sort of thing.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#3 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:13 PM

Hehe, awesome premise. If it comes off funny and not like a soap opera, I'll be happy to read it.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#4 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 26 February 2005 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Feb 21 2005, 12:13 PM)
Hehe, awesome premise. If it comes off funny and not like a soap opera, I'll be happy to read it.

It's going to be a farce all the way. Hopefully I'll be able to get away with stuff like the characters cracking on the big mainstream superheroes (Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, X-Men, etc) without getting sued.

Will also hopefully get away with a caricature of Batman called Avant Guard (try to imagine Batman's appearance crossed with that of a Teutonic Knight).

The Public Defender's costume will be loosely based on the costume worn by Space Ghost (from "Space Ghost Coast To Coast")

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 26 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

I am the Fisher King.

#5 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:43 AM

Sweet. I have some superhero ideas that will be incorporated into a story I'm writing, but I am too paranoid to show them here. Not quite like yours though.

I do so love farce!

Edit: (sp?)

This post has been edited by Slade: 28 February 2005 - 02:47 AM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#6 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:17 PM

Ok., here is what I would do – I would add dark and mysterious past to Michelle’s character think what she must have suffered to double as a Widow! Could it be that she and the Greco-Roman Eric Bana (I just love that guy) had a romance and due to some misunderstanding split and now both of them are bitter about love and everything?

So the Widow sort of falls against her will for that guy and re-invents love and romance. That is what I would do.

I am a hopeless romantic.

But if you intend the whole thing as a farce, don’t follow my advice, of course.

#7 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2005 - 11:25 PM

If it means anything to you MC, the visual inspiration for the Blonde Widow was Miranda Otto.
I am the Fisher King.

#8 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:26 AM

Miranda Otto as dominatrix???? pinch.gif

There must be something wrong with your idea what is kinky. How could she be inspiration for a sexy blonde? She is so much a girl next door to me, and she is not really all that glamorous. Sharon Stone twenty years ago would be a perfect dominatrix, not Miranda.

#9 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:53 AM

I was watching the Return of the King extended edition when I was brainstorming the PD/BW and Miranda happened to be on screen when I was pondering a visual mode for the Blonde Widow.

Does wanting to use Miranda as the Blonde Widow's visual appearance make me a bad person?

I wonder what JYAMG would say about this...
I am the Fisher King.

#10 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

Well, not really. Just a person with a strange taste, but that's just my opinion. smile.gif

It is quite easy to conceive what JYAMG would think of it. If you consider the amount of girls in bikinis in his "movie goer outings" he would simply jump at the idea. he would absolutely love it.

I think he'll be back soon ofter his travels and will give you his input. But I am sure he'll love it.

#11 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Mar 1 2005, 08:46 AM)
Well, not really. Just a person with a strange taste, but that's just my opinion.  smile.gif

It is quite easy to conceive what JYAMG would think of it. If you consider the amount of girls in bikinis in his "movie goer outings" he would simply jump at the idea. he would absolutely love it.

I think he'll be back soon ofter his travels and will give you his input. But I am sure he'll love it.

Please give an example of an actress you think fits the kinky/dominatrix type.

There are much stranger tastes than mine. For a lot of guys though it seems like all you need is blonde hair, leather and a whip in order for it to be officially kinky.
I am the Fisher King.

#12 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:03 AM

Well I've given you an example. Sharon Stone twenty years ago. As for more contemporaty actresses, I'd say Angelina Jolie in a blond wig - thouse pouty lips, you see.

#13 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:19 PM

Angelina Jolie doesn't look right with blonde hair.

Kristanna Loken (female Terminator from that awful T3) maybe, or Peta Wilson (TV's La Femme Nikita)?
I am the Fisher King.

#14 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:24 PM

Yes, that girl from Terminator looks about right. You just need sharpish look!

#15 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:50 AM

Didn't know I needed a "sharpish look" since it's going to be a farce but okay.

I think I'm going to change the Fencer's costume to purple satin rather than white. Purple looks good against dark hair.

For anyone familiar with the character Space Ghost, his costume will be the loose basis for the Public Defender's with some color alterations.

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 04 March 2005 - 11:52 AM

I am the Fisher King.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size