• You cannot reply to this topic

Catch-22 Bloody brilliant!

#1 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:15 AM

This is my second favorite novel out of every one that I have ever read, shadowed only by 1984 but only by a very miniscule fraction. If I could have two books tied for first, this would be a second first place. It's elegant in all of its coarseness, dark in its humor, is wonderfully written, there is nothing to hate about this book if you've taken a good look at the world and don't mind disjointed narratives. (The novel doesn't follow a standard chronological order.) I reccomend this book to everyone and his/her friends, relatives, enemies, etc. I can't express how phenomenal this book is. Do whatever is in your power to read it. You'll be laughing too hard to not enjoy Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. Yossarian lives.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#2 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:43 PM

I was all set to post about how Joseph Heller is widely believed to have lifted huge chunks of Catch-22 from an Italian novel, but since I couldn't find anything online or in print to support that, I have to conclude that it's not quite as widely believed as I had thought! But I swear that I read it somewhere. It was suggested in 1998 that Heller might have plagerized another book called, I believe, Face of a Hero, but the accusation appears to have been discredited.

Regardless, Catch-22 is pretty amazing.

#3 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 18 February 2005 - 03:39 PM

Definitely my favorite book.....

"I see everything twice!"
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#4 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:49 AM

It is always hard to say what yor favorite book, movie, etc is. But in my short list of all-time favorite books, this is near the top.

#5 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:50 AM

It's without a doubt, the best book I've ever read.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic