• (3 Pages)
  • +

Matrix Revolution

#16 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 November 2003 - 07:58 PM

Okay, I just got back from the theatre. I saw the Matrix Revolutions.

Wow, did that suck! Sorry, srmoore, I just didn't see any reddeming qualities in it whatsoever. Just a whole heaping helping of suck.

Nothing was resolved, no questions were answered. It was just more stupid stuff happening.

The problem with the two Matrix sequels is that they tell the boring story of what happens after you know who's going to win. We all knew Neo was going to kick a lot of ass after the first movie, it's implied. But they just go right ahead and show it all happening. And it's terribly lame.

I dunno. I'll stop now. I'll probably write articles about it or something... too much to get into here.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#17 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:24 PM

Nothing was resolved? How can you say that? What did you expect, the humans to destroy all of the machines or something? one of the points of these movies is that machines have just as much a right to exist as humans do, so having an all-out human victory is out of the question. You also can't have them living happily ever after with each other, because that's just not logical. This was probably the best ending they could have come up with, showing the first step between humans and machines. The battle sequences are unbelieveably intense, with the Zion battle featuring some of the best special effects I've ever seen, the characters are very strong and likeable, from Zee and Chara to the main ones, Neo, Niobe, Trinity and Morpheus, and even the programs Rama-Kandra and his wife and daughter, the Oracle, and Seraph are all characters you somewhat care for. And Smith! Smith is a great character, one of the more intriguing ones in the series, who you love despite him being a bad guy. I mean, you say it's one helping of suck, I can barely find a flaw in it, and I've watched it twice! I think it's fabulous, and the ending just grows on me as I think about it more and more. I mean episodes I and II I can understand hating, but this is a fabulous movie!

#18 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 10 November 2003 - 11:29 PM

We can agree to disagree, my friend. I'm gonna have to just consider this to be one of the most boring action movies ever made.

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#19 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:06 AM

I'm not going to defend it smile.gif

I'll agree that it wasn't the best action film ever..
I liked some parts. Didn't like others.. I'll leave it at that

#20 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:06 AM

That's what you get when you expect too much, and are disappointed with the results.

I'm not gonna read this thread anymore, cause I'm gonna wait until I see it, then Ill say what I think. biggrin.gif

I don't know why I'm posting here..... blink.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#21 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 15 November 2003 - 01:14 PM

I thought the Matrix: Revolutions was quite enjoyable, and at least more redeeming plotwise than Reloaded. A lot of the parts were really lame, and silly, like the programs that loved their daughter, and the dialogue between Neo and "Trin", and the lack of an EMT in Zion, but at least something happened at the end! As for the ending, well it does seem like it could pose quite a problem if all the people in the matrix suddenly decided they wanted OUT. Where would they go? Zion couldn't hold them all, thats for sure. And if enough left, the computers would DIE! Poor guys. It was full of holes, and was rather lacking in continuity, but i still enjoyed watching it.

#22 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 16 November 2003 - 01:08 PM

I agree with Rory. Except for the part about enjoying the movie.

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 12:58 AM

THE FIRST MATRIX ROCKED

the second one sucked. WHY? different reasons for me my friends...
i understood every last second, so no preoblem there. that morpheus speach and RNB clip dance segment sucked and was the apex of how mainstream the franchise had become. soundtrack mostly, first movie had MINISTRY and MEAT BEAT MANIFESTO and RAGE AGINST THE MACHINE, second one had generic club techno.

but as someone who does Kung FU i really enjoyed the non-CGI parts of the fighting.

the third one was u dumb sci-fi action flick, which i took a guilty pleasure in watching (yes I captain Cynical). sorry, i had some fun, especially with agent smiths dialogue. HUGO RULES!!!

but fair enough on all remarks.

#24 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:23 PM

Agreed! The first Matrix was brilliant. I enjoyed aspects of the second two films, but as a trilogy I just found myself dissapointed overall with the way the story played out. It's a personal opinion in this regard, but the story just didn't do it for me at the conclusion.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#25 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:12 PM

this is my opinion. yes the first matrix did ROCK THE HIZZY. the second one, the highway scene was cool, but the rest was bull crap. and the third, the only thing i liked about that movie was the invasion of zion. you know before all the apu's were destroyed. if it had bullet time it would have been a bit cooler, but all the fighting sucked nards.
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

#26 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:39 PM

Oh yeah, they kinda forgot about bullet time in this one didn't they? I guess it's all for the best.

#27 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:20 PM

yes....bullet time was friggin awesome. i mean it is cool to stop bullets and makes a lot more sense, but i'd rather watch neo duck under a few thousand rounds of automatic fire. i mean, bullet time was cool, and in theory, when you make something cool you utilize it. but no. and being neo was only in the matrix a grand total of 12 minutes (guesstimate.) there wouldn't be any chance of it. that pissed me off.

HOWEVER. i cannot emphasize enough how totally badass it was when the machines invaded zion. i'm talking about until after lock (locke) dies.

if that one scene was the whole movie, it would have been cool. but the rest just put the left foot in a puddle of shit.
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

#28 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:34 PM

I dunno. The scene was cool for a while but after 25 minutes of watching them shred sentinals with machine gun fire as if they were made of bone china I got kinda bored.

After 35 minutes of not seeing Neo at all I started to wonder if they had sort of phased his character out of the movie.

#29 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:36 PM

to tell the truth i had completely and utterly forgot about neo and his crackwhore trinity.
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

#30 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:38 PM

plus, i dont remember exactly, but how did neo and trinity fall in love in the first movie. i mean, all i remember was him saving everyone's life a few times, then POW, smooching like dogs in heat. of course that's how everyone falls in love right?.........right?
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size