Chefelf.com Night Life: Matrix Revolution - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Matrix Revolution

#1 User is offline   Kornbread Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 06 November 2003 - 05:22 PM

Have the Wachowski Bros pulled a Lucas and ruined Matrix?

1st one kicked ass. 2nd was confusing but had awesome action scenes. Just saw teh 3rd one and it is a complete mindfuck.

#2 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 06 November 2003 - 05:32 PM

Am I the only Matrix fan who didn't think the second one was all that confusing?

#3 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 November 2003 - 05:33 PM

I can imagine. I'm probably going to a matinee next week (because I feel obligated to see it, not because I think it'll be good).

The Matrix Reloaded : Star Wars: Episode I :: The Matrix : Star Wars Episode IV
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#4 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2003 - 08:50 PM

How dare you say that! Reloaded was not that horrible of a movie. But anyway, I loved Revolutions. If you didn't understand it and that's why you didn't enjoy it then please, tell me and I'll help you understand the stuff that happened.

#5 User is offline   Kornbread Icon

• New Cop

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:58 PM

Allrighty:

1. At the end, it appears to me that the matrix will continue and the machines will still use humans for fuel, however the machines will no longer try to exterminate the free humans that remain on earth and will allow those who want to be freed from the matrix to do so. Am I right?

2. Why wasn't the technology to shut down the sentinals that the ships had available inside Zion? Apparently, one ship can knock out a fleet of sentinals with one switch...wouldn't it be a good idea to have that defense inside Zion?

3. Architect, Frenchman and Oracle. What are the relationships and power structure inside the matrix? Are they all programs?

Those are for starters...

#6 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:14 AM

Oh no!! Spoilers! *averts head and covers eyes of children*

#7 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:42 PM

1) You are absolutely correct.

2) Yes it would have been a very good idea, and this was one of the few problems I had with the movie. Why not have an EMP inside of Zion, just for an emergency? They place them on every ship, but not at the center of the human populous? I thought that was really a stretch, and all they had to say to make it make sense was that the EMP had been knocked out, and they needed a ship. But definitely one of the few problems I had with it.

3) Ok the Frenchman, as described in Reloaded, is a program, one of the oldest programs of them all. He went rogue, and now is basically the Godfather of Rogue programs, he is where programs come if they don't want to go back to the Source and want to be free (ie Rama-Kandra). The Oracle, as the Architect said, is an intuitive program, one who was obviously designed to understand the human psyche and human emotion. She found the secret to designing a Matrix that 99 % of people would accept and is the Mother of the Matrix (which is why Smith sarcastically calls her Mom). However, the Oracle's emotions took hold of her, and she too became rogue from the system, devoting herself to helping Neo and others make peace with the machines and ending the war. The Architect is much harder to explain, we don't know exactly what he is. He is not human, we know that, and is either a machine who is constantly jacked into the Matrix, or is a program designed to design the Matrix. I would go with the Former, since all of the programs we meet seem very human, and he is very machinelike. The Old Man is probably just his avatar in the Matrix World, where he can talk to the Ones who reach the Source. Anyway, he created the Matrix and oversees it, which is basically all we needed to know. Ok next set.

#8 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:18 PM

Spoilers! Protect me Ninja Duck!
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#9 User is offline   Kornbread Icon

• New Cop

Posted 07 November 2003 - 10:02 PM

Thanks Vwing...filled some holes for me.

#10 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2003 - 03:32 PM

No problem I'm here to help

#11 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:37 AM

**** HEY!!! this whole forum is spoilers!!! If you haven't seent he movie stop reading!!! ****

"2. Why wasn't the technology to shut down the sentinals that the ships had available inside Zion?"

I'd say the designers of Zion never expected the machines to be able to reach it, so they chose not to include within their borders something (the EMP) the detonation of which would turn off the machines that circulate the air the humans breathe.

I'd also say that this is a weak explanation, but it's better than the no explanation the filmmakers gave.

Mike M.

PS: I really enjoyed REVOLUTIONS. It's a tad convoluted, but no more than your average Japanese cartoon. I really liked the imagery of the battles between men and machines, even if the story there was a bit weak and there were only four characters created to sell me the entire conflict.

REVOLUTIONS is *not* to MATRIX as PHANTOM MENACE was to STAR WARS. All I'd say about the two MATRIX sequels is that they are complicated in ways the original film never was, such that if the original film anticipated a sequel, it certainly didn't anticipate these ones. Nevertheless, they tell a consistent story, they're worth seeing and thy have their moments. PHANTOM MENACE was not worth seing and it had no moments (even the swordfight everyone likes was nothing compared with the fights in JEDI and especially EMPIRE; I'm convinced people only liked it because it had that great choral work).

All the same, I'll admit it was a serious departure to have a MATRIX sequel where nobody really spends much time inside the Matrix. This one was much more philosophical, and begging for religious analogy. Any film that ends with a Chosen One essentially bargaining with God for the salvation of Mankind, and requires that the Chosen One sacrifice his own life to keep the Devil at bay will pretty much do that. And, yes, I acknowledge that if Neo is Jesus, and the Source is God the Father, then that makes Trinity the Holy Spirit. But with a name like Trinity, I think we were all expecting that, weren't we?
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#12 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 09 November 2003 - 02:12 PM

I saw revolutions.

thought it was good.. not super..

on the plus side: It didn't have as much boring, out of place scenes like Reloaded did.

on the minus side: It didn't have as many kick ass things like the Twins.

#13 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:04 AM

srmoore: best avatar ever!

Amber-Nicole: I'll protect you! *dashes to save day, falls, dies* Ah nuts.

#14 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:06 PM

Heccubus: Why thank you biggrin.gif Robbie thanks you too biggrin.gif

I rather enjoy yours too...

#15 User is offline   Bananer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:08 PM