Chefelf.com Night Life: need for speed:underground - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

need for speed:underground it renewed my interest in racing games.

#1 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:55 PM

i use to hate racing games. when jet moto 3 came out, i loved it. it was fast and you could choose from different vehicles with different stats. no they actually had noticeable differences in stats. it wasn't like "this guy has the best accelleration in the game. this guy's accelleration is unnoticeably less." nope. it was like "this guy has awesome accelleration, but shitty speed, with good handling. this guy has shitty accelleration, and handling, but his speed is top notch." yeah. i liked that. and it was simply fast. the physics weren't perfect but at least you didn't spin out.
every racing game i played after that to this day, i hated. i held distaste for their crappy excuse for "speed". shite customization if any. i hated them.

but this game. need for speed i thought sucked. but their newest one, rocks THE HIZZY. it's fast. not as fast as i remember jet moto, but fast enough to pump adrenaline. the customization options for your large list of cars is barely finite. you can trick out your ride by getting style points. you get those by jumping ramps and barely missing oncoming traffic. there aren't cops, but if there were, that would probably ruin the fun like in some games i've played. *cough-DRIVER-cough*
this game was excellent and i now like racing games. any racing games should take this game as an example, or preferably, a guideline.

now if they could just make a game like that with some DAM HOTRODS.
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:35 AM

Cool, I'll have to check that game out. I'm the same way. I used to like racing games but sometime in the mid 90's it seemed that every single game that came out was a racing game. It got tiresome after a while. There were so many crappy ones, the biggest offender being Extreme G for the N64. That games stuuuuuuuunk.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:25 PM

I tend to shy away from racing games as well. I used to have the first two Gran Turismo titles, but I just can't get into driving games anymore. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 was a great game, however. If you like Underground, you might like that one, Grinner. It doesn't have all the customization options, but the sense of speed is still there, and the cars are mostly european sports cars.

#4 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:52 AM

I think I just don't enjoy the realistic racing games that much. For some reason I'm not into present day, realistic games in general. Gran Turismo to me just seems like real driving. Maybe I just hate real driving.

I like games like Cruisin' USA where if you hit a redwood tree the tree just flattened out and you could drive over it. Now, that's the kind of physics that impresses me.

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#5 User is offline   sinister grinner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:48 PM

now that i've played it awhile let me tell you something. when you have all the performance upgrades, i noticed physics that i didn't notice before. i was in first on the last lap going slower than normal around this one turn, and i went over the sidewalk. i was catapulted in the air. the sidewalk became a ramp. IT BECAME A RAMP. but it gets real weird late in the game.
Thirteen and a half.
Twelve jurors,
one judge,
and half a chance.

#6 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:46 AM

I look forward to trying that game. My latest game has been Project Gotham Racing 2. It's very realistic but quite an enjoyable racing game with a TON of gameplay and unlockable features.

#7 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:14 AM

I need to try the F-Zero game for 'Cube one more time. I rented it, but didn't play it enough. I loved how you could put custom decals on the different racers. I use a black Twin Noritta with Pacman on one side and Clyde on the other. But I didn't get the full feel for the game yet. I have a habit of accidently powersliding every time I play Need for Speed: Underground. Any slight cornering has me doing 360s, and the music is terrible. Yargh.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size