Chefelf.com Night Life: Baron Crapanoida's Latest Excuses - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Baron Crapanoida's Latest Excuses Its gettin really old georgie-boy...

#1 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:29 PM

The director George Lucas told Sky News his views on the audience's reaction to the last "Star Wars" instalment. Lucas explained "I never try to anticipate what the world's going to think or even worry about whether they're going to like it or not. That's not my job, to make people like my movies."

The UK tabloid, The Sun, continued his speech where he concluded that "obviously, fans would love to see a movie about Darth Vader running around killing people. I'm not telling that story, and I'm not interested in that. That's not what the movie is."

http://www.insomniac...ult.php?id=1678

Huh? What?

more lies and excuses from Baron Crapanoida, why is he "thinking" about whether people will "think" its "dark?"

why put chewbacca, reduce jar jar screen time, or put boba fett in the prequels Baron Crapanoida? maybe you are "anticipating" the audience?

how do you make people like your movies? you make a good movie to the best of your ability as you see fit, not turn out trash with "kermit the frog and miss piggy bastard child"...it should be obvious that he is trying to anticipate what people will like or want to see...

as for Darth Vader running around hacking people, IS THIS NOT what is going to happen in this film? Huh? What's he going to do then, bop people on the head and knock them out?

The fact that he's making all these same kind of points all the time is actual proof of his "anticipating" what people think, he's "pre-empting" criticisms by giving these lame pre-facto excuses.

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 23 March 2005 - 02:30 PM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#2 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:34 PM

Is this not the face of a disturbed individual?
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#3 User is offline   snaithbert Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:13 PM

Well said Hannibal, that's exactly what he's doing, pre-empting criticism.

I like how Lucas' only defense to criticism is "well that's my vision."

Could it be possible that his vision is just utter shit?

Why yes indeed it could.

Maybe he should try giving the fans what they want for a change.

He might like the results better.

#4 User is offline   rangwe Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:26 PM

George Lucas is telling the absolute truth here.

He doesn't "try" to anticipate what the world's going to think, he *does* anticipate what the world's going to think. He desperately needs our approval, even if he hates needing it.

His job isn't to "make" people like his movies, it's to "make" people *pay for* his movies. Oh, how Titanic's top spot must gall him so! Who's king of the heap? The man with the most dollars wins!

*Obviously* fans would like to see Darth Vader on a rampage. That's an original idea. A good storyteller gives his audience what they want.

Lucas is not telling that story because he *can't* tell it. He is completely ignorant of his own sick lust to crush the windpipes of those who oppose him. To use Deanna Troi psychology, he doesn't "feel" his emotions and so it isn't "interesting" to him.

Presumably, the story of the prequels is Anakin's fall from grace. But Lucas doesn't know how to tell the story of little annie fannie's corruption because he doesn't know the experience of his own fall from grace. He's in complete denial.

Isn't "Vader running around killing people" what the story ought to be? For his own exploration and ours? Give Lucas a billion dollars and he'll destroy himself. Give Anakin the power equivalent in Force terms and he'll do the same thing. There but for the grace of God go I.

The story is there, but it cannot be touched. It can only be danced around with Muppet-boy understanding, because Lucas is as far from himself as a hawk is from the moon.

- rangwe

#5 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:52 PM

If Lucas really doesn't care what anyone thinks about his movies then I suggest to him, if he really wants to keep the irresponsible speculation about them to a minimum, that the best course is to shut up.

Poor, pathetic George Lucas. It wasn't that many years ago that THE PHANTOM MENACE was the hottest blockbuster of the summer of 1999 (this was before its release, mind you) and "60 Minutes" devoted most of its running time to interviewing the genius. I even tape-recorded the show. (It's taped over now.) Lucas seemed open, amiable, a nice guy. Now he's prickly, defensive, and obviously scared to death that the most prevalent attitude toward REVENGE OF THE SITH seems to be, "It can't be all *that* bad, right?"

I have a suggestion for Lucas if he really cares about movies and wants to repair his reputation. You've got the wealth of Croesus already, Lucas - start spending it on other people's movies. Kick some money Martin Scorsese's way and help him preserve and restore lost classics that might otherwise disappear forever. Subsidise film festivals like Sundance and Telluride. Finance some independent film-makers. Hell, start a winery; it worked for Francis Coppola.

You know it's not going to happen, though, is it, Lucas? For all your whining about how you feel like Star Wars has been a "detour" you'll never, ever let it alone. I bet that when I reach my mid-century mark you'll still be wheezing along, coming out with the Extra Super Really I Mean It This Time Special Edition of the Star Wars movies and telling us all that, really, you meant all the time even back in 1976 to replace David Prowse and James Earl Jones with Hayden Christiansen even though he hadn't even been born yet.

Oh, almost forgot to add. The comic-book frames in the insomniacmania.com article remind me a little too much of the old Mac action game Marathon.

This post has been edited by ernesttomlinson: 23 March 2005 - 03:53 PM

#6 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:49 PM

Wow, some really great comments here. I was expecting to contribute something but I dont think anything I could say short of a treatise on George Lucas could compete with some of you guys. Welcome to the forums Snaithbert and Rangwe, you guys definately have my respect. And you're doing a fine job too, Ernest.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size