Chefelf.com Night Life: Limp Bizkit, Creed worst bands of year - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Limp Bizkit, Creed worst bands of year Friday, January 2, 2004

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:09 AM

Poll: Limp Bizkit, Creed worst bands of year
Thursday, January 1, 2004 Posted: 12:43 PM EST (1743 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Limp Bizkit, which suffered slow sales of its long-awaited new album, has been named worst band of the year by readers of Guitar World magazine.

Creed, another act that draws sharp reactions, came in at No. 2 even though the Christian combo took the year off. New York rockers the Strokes were No. 3, followed by "all pop-punk bands" at No. 4 and pop-punk band Good Charlotte at No. 5.

Limp Bizkit's "Results May Vary" has sold one million copies after 13 weeks, and ranks No. 64 on the U.S. pop charts. Its previous release, 2000's Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water," ranked No. 5 after 13 weeks with sales of four million copies.

Metallica's poor-selling new album, "St. Anger," was named biggest disappointment, but it also came in at No. 2 as the best metal album, ranking behind Black Label Society's "The Blessed Hellride."

http://www.cnn.com/2...reut/index.html

Finally, some news I can get behind.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:09 PM

Mr. Elf, I've had about enough of your Limp Bizkit bashing! You clearly don't understand the subtlty and nuance of such masterworks as "Nookie" and "Break Stuff" or the craftsmanship it takes to write a song like "Faith" or "Behind Blue Eyes". I think you're pobably just too old to understand.

#3 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:06 PM

Hurrah! I'm not much into music, but I'm certainly not sorry to see Limp Bizkit and Creed taken off their pedestal.

A couple of gripes: Isn't a bit judgemental to put Good Charlotte as 5th worst. I've heard some of their stuff, and it's all the same, but not necessarilly in a bad way. Kind of like Wesley Willis.

And how on earth did the biggest disappointment get to be #2 in quality?

#4 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:20 PM

Alright. I'm a little confused. Now, did they put Good Charlotte behind "all pop-punk bands" because they find Good Charlotte just slightly less bad then the rest of pop-punk or are they worse because they were bad enough to have to be mentioned seperately?

I need to know these kind of things.

#5 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:04 AM

YES! I can't stand creed smile.gif All we need is nickelback and tea party up there.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#6 User is offline   Reader Icon

• More Important than Coal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:oh, this and that

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:12 PM

Hey! The Tea Party isn't bad!! I don't know about their new stuff, but there's nothing wrong with their first three releases!!
"Nothing is real, all is permitted"
- Hassan i Sabbah
"There's nothing wrong with anything."
- Philip J.Fry

#7 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:35 PM

There's nothing wrong with ANY Tea Party release. Considering the fact that they're one of few Canadian acts with a distinct sound, there's really nothing worth hating. As for Good Charlotte, they barely even qualify as music, let alone pop punk, so I think it makes sense that they were classified seperately. I am, however, unhappy with the Strokes being on such a list. It's a shame that a group of classically trained musicians that actually do interesting things with guitar harmonies, while playing relatively minimalist music can't get any respect by a guitar magazine that praises the likes of the Sonics (who could barely play), and Seether (who are just yet another crapped-out nu-metal that rips off Alice In Chains and early Stone Temple Pilots).

#8 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2004 - 09:46 PM

I m going to say it. I don't like the WHite Stripes!!! YES, up yours rollingstone.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#9 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:04 PM

I do. A lot. For some time now.

#10 User is offline   Flake Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 09:54 PM

Well creed doesnt deserve my toenail clippings as for Limp bizkit i dont know. They where #1 on my hate list for long but the soothing tones of behind blue eyes somehow got them to #3 on my death list i mean hate list.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
3 basic laws of robotics.
-its ok to build automated factories.
-its ok to make robot death machines.
-its not ok to build automated robot death machine factories.

#11 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:35 PM

I like you.

#12 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:45 PM

Funny how it's a fad now to hate limp bizkit. And this hate seems to go beyond their music. I m not big on rap or metal, so rap/metal by the law of identity is not one of my favorite genres either

#13 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:47 PM

Every now and then a rap metal song speaks to me. If it's performed by Deftones. Other than that I really don't care anymore. I used to be huge into it, and then I realized that the musicians playing it weren't doing anything special, and that it was boring, repetitive and pointless mysogynistic dribble.

#14 User is offline   Reader Icon

• More Important than Coal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:oh, this and that

Posted 06 January 2004 - 05:31 PM

Rage Against the Machine were good. Tom Morello's innovative use of guitar and the tight rhythm section make them a force to be reckoned with. i don't like much rap-style 'singing' anyway, but i can stand it if they aren't talking about bitches and bling and occasionally going "unhg" and "uh-huh, yea"
"Nothing is real, all is permitted"
- Hassan i Sabbah
"There's nothing wrong with anything."
- Philip J.Fry

#15 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:36 PM

Actually I m sick of Gangsta rap and Metal rap all together. I wish this fad would just die. The music is so negative and influences kids. Anyone can do Gangsta Rap.

Look at 50-Cent. This man can't rhyme, can't write lyrics with any meaning, and he probably does not even mix his own tracks. But he has been shot 9 times! This alone is why he is "da man"

When will we get over this crap?
shooting people, fucking hoes, killing nigga's, I have money, I have a big penis, I have sex alot, I came from nothing, I m the richest man alive, I buy planes made out of gold and my mom's a big boody.....whatever just shut the hell up and go get a job and quit hurting music.

I watched Scarface recently, and disc 2 has all these special featurettes. One of these special features is how Scarface influenced alot of rappers. These people look up to a power crazy drug dealing homicidal killer.

"yeah yeah, you know, Scareface was this nigga who never had shit and made shit, yeah you know straight up like dat in da hood, he was a legend and still makes my go wow"

The qoute above came from a millionare rapper

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size