Chefelf.com Night Life: Grand Theft Auto III - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Grand Theft Auto III I'm a little behind the times...

#31 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Heccubus @ Jan 1 2004, 03:37 PM)
I have a deep undying love for GTA3, but I can no longer stand the fact that EVERY game that is coming out has the words "The next Grand Thef Auto?" in previews, or "So-and-so's Grand Theft Auto Killer!". It's ridiculous. Examples of such titles? "The Getaway" (terrible), "Driver 3" (not looking too amazing), and games that claim to take "elements" of GTA's gameplay, like "Jak 2" or "Tony Hawk's Underground". It's getting out of hand. Plus Vice City was just plain disappointing.

it's a lot like in the early-mid 90s when there were alot of bands comming out that tried so hard to sound like MINSTRY, and when their albums came out they'd all be saying stuff like "leaves ministry for dead" or "makes ministry look like choir boys" but would never deliver. these bands always sounded like a crappy garage version of megadeth with samples.

then there's movies... i have never seen 'the sith sense' and thanks to a shitload of movie posters I now never will thanks to blurbs like "with a suprise ending like the sixth sense" I mean, really. Box office records are it for films, then every film that comes out afterwards will have some stupid poster like '..the exact same story as the usual suspects' or some shit.

but to do it with games...
you can tell by looking at the back cover gameplay pics that GTA has been ripped off again. We don't really need a blurb on the front wearing the fact like a badge of honor!!!

any way....
GTA:Vice City
is the best game in a long time, i will never truley grow tired of it... even when i do, i'll be back in a week or two to play it again!!!

#32 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:27 PM

Warning: I got tired of it, and fast. And I was like you at one point, never thought I could ever possibly tire of it. It's just not as well-structured as GTA3 was.

#33 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:44 PM

GTA3 / VC had my attention for a while, but after getting frustrated at some of the missions, I gave up and headed for more mind-screwing-up games such as Space Channel 5 and Final Fantasy X-2.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size