Chefelf.com Night Life: Glorification of the Crusades - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Glorification of the Crusades (You heard me...)

#1 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:45 PM

Would you like to go to the theater and vomit?

A new movie 'Kingdom of Heaven" is about the Crusades.

Yup.

does it glorify the crusades? in a way, yes. At least some crusaders.

Leaving out the part which takes place prior to the movie, the mass slaughter of thousands of jews, liam Neeson and Orlando Bloom star as holy crusaders who after(not mentioned in the film, but in the history books) taking part in this Knights Templar adventure(genocide) aparently decide to fight the "evil bad guy crusaders" because of their holy upright ideals. "DEFEND JERUSALEM!"

Despite the fact that they could have given two shits in reality about jews, muslims, let alone PEOPLE.

The story behind this new propaganda film is that it is apologetic, suggesting that there were good crusaders who decided to rebel against the bad crusaders.

Why even make this shit up? Just to make a big epic battle-movie?

Anyone who's ever read the Classic IVANHOE, knows about the Templars after their adventures in the holy land, and how they became cruel despotic feudal lords.

The true story behind the Ridley Scott revision, is not that these knights realized "THIS IS WRONG" but that there was a political/ideological schism with the knights templar and who realized how much power and wealth there was to be had in taking over Jerusalem. Some were mystics who wanted to take it because they believed they could steal the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant and the original Cross of Christ, not because they realized the CHURCH was doing a bad,bad thang.

What upsets me(and it should upset you as well) is not only is one of my favorite directors making this revisionist piece of shit propaganda piece, but that it will only serve the BUSH ADMINISTRATION's PLANS to invade IRAN, and "DEFEND ISRAEL FROM THE INFIDELS."

The opening subtitles to the movie preview are nothing less than blatant propaganda for somebody's war, and if you can''t see that YOU ARE COMPLETELY INSANE.

My favorite lines:

LIAM NEESON: "A NEW WORLD, A BETTER WORLD THAN HAS EVER BEEN SEEN, THERE YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU WERE BORN, BUT WHAT YOU HAVE IT IN YOURSELF TO BE, A KINGDOM OF CONSCIENCE, PEACE INSTEAD OF WAR, LOVE INSTEAD OF HATE, THAT IS WHAT LIES AT THE END OF A CRUSADE."

Sounds nice don't it? However meaningful, it is these very words that started the holy wars, the Iraq War, etc. From the mouth of a "Knights Templar" of the Early Catholic Church, this kind of Bush-like speech, meant one thing; A New World Order, a War, Tyranny.

You would think perhaps this is what the movie is saying, but sadly, it isn't, its saying, "ahh, the evil christians started the BAD crusades, but there were OTHERS who fought and slaughtered and pillaged the GOOD crusades...you know, like IRAQ?
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#2 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:02 AM

They just can't stop attributing 21st century American idealism to the old world, can they?

Speaking of which, KOH comes out tomorrow, Friday 5/6/05. Anyone going to bother seeing it?
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#3 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:03 AM

I saw it. Was OK, nothing spectacular. Really wasn't much choice on at the movies.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#4 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:44 AM

I've heard that it was watchable, but you can't really see Edward Norton as he is wearing a mask all the time. I was going to see it solely on his account, but now I don't know if I should bother...

#5 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:55 AM

Hey, the Eowyn avatar is back! I missed it so...

I read that Kingdom of Heaven only made $20 million at the box office last weekend. Not good for a movie that cost somewhere between $120 and $180 million to make.

You know, I think the man Edward Norton is playing in the film actually died a year before the events depicted in the movie actually happened.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#6 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:39 AM

Still it's a bloody shame and waste. I really like Norton, he is pretty cool and does not struck me like a total jerk most Hollywood actors seem to me these days (Ben Affleck, Di Caprio, Ashton Kutcher to name but a few). EN at least looks intelligent and not spoilt rotten...

#7 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:05 AM

I didn't even realise it was him sad.gif

If you're going to see the movie simply on his account, it probably isn't worth it.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#8 User is offline   Citizen-X Icon

• New Cop

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:22 AM

I saw the film, it was OK, although it gives too much shit to The Knights Templar, and the white crusaders in general. And they put too much 21st centuary propaganda in the film, how Christians and Muslims relate to one another so well, I mean it was the Crusades for Gods sake, one of the most bloodiest events in human History!!!!!!!!

The battle scenes were pretty good, although there wernt too many of them, and it wasnt as epic as I thought it would be

THREE STARS.

This post has been edited by Citizen-X: 18 May 2005 - 12:23 AM

#9 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:50 AM

Yup, past enviroment with modern philosophy. IT's all a fucking lie. Besides being inaccurate the movie was a borefest.

The stupid thing is how little religion actually played in this film. The ending speech by Orlando Bloom, if it happened back then, would have cost him his head. It's all white washed liberal crap. "it's not about God or religion, it's about being yourself and loving you, you need to find the strength in you and fight the bad guys, who are in fact not that bad, just misunderstood".

The only time religion was shown was in a comedic sense. "convert to islam and convert later".

the movie made the muslims out to be so noble while the 'religous' freak crusaders were evil and blood thirsty. Oh wait, some crusaders like the muslims and vice versa.

It's so PC yet at the same time took so many stabs at christianity.. Ridely Scott's liberal agenda was seen more visable then anything else.

people's favorite past time is to rant about how evil crusaders were, yet over look the fact that moor conquers did a shit load of damage too.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 18 May 2005 - 12:56 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#10 User is offline   Citizen-X Icon

• New Cop

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:21 PM

The stupid thing is how little religion actually played in this film. The ending speech by Orlando Bloom, if it happened back then, would have cost him his head. It's all white washed liberal crap. "it's not about God or religion, it's about being yourself and loving you, you need to find the strength in you and fight the bad guys, who are in fact not that bad, just misunderstood".

Ohh ye!!!! Of course I forgot, yeah, I was kinda confused when he said that (well he is a Jew dry.gif ), then I realised that it was just another ploy of propaganda thats trying to bring tensions between Muslims and Christians to good terms. And I doubt Christians, let alone noble Knights thought that way. As I see it if he had said that in real life, the rest of those crusaders would most have definetly swiped his head of, and accused him of HERETIC!!!!! or somethn.

the movie made the muslims out to be so noble while the 'religous' freak crusaders were evil and blood thirsty. Oh wait, some crusaders like the muslims and vice versa.

Yes again, I also noticed that. I think they were all quite even in that sense, both raped, pillaged, and killed. And the film doesnt really balance it on both sides, instead leans on one. And I rekon in that department The Saracens would probably out do the Christians, since Theyre Religion promotes it. (damn Arabs dry.gif )

people's favorite past time is to rant about how evil crusaders were, yet over look the fact that moor conquers did a shit load of damage too.

Hell ya!!!! like they tried to take over Euroupe numerous occations, on theyre so called "Jihads", But still Europeans kiked their ass, and showed them who is the true master of Euroupe biggrin.gif

And why the hell did they cast Bloom!!!! he's not even Christian!!! let alone a terrible actor, he's a Jew. Thats probably the reason why this movie went downhill probably because its been co-created by Jewish Hollywood. I bet if it was made by Europe it would definetly be better.

This post has been edited by Citizen-X: 18 May 2005 - 08:39 PM

#11 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

I don't think his jewishness is a problem. An actor is an actor. The script sucked, bloom was just doing bloom. Sincere and a bit naive. His role is the same in every movie.

Considering most hollywood stars are jew's, it's kind of dumb to say they can't play non-jewish roles.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 18 May 2005 - 09:38 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#12 User is offline   Citizen-X Icon

• New Cop

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:44 PM

Considering most hollywood stars are jew's, it's kind of dumb to say they can't play non-jewish roles.

I disagree, there are many White, Christian actors that would suite this role perfectly and out of them all they chose a Jew to play the lead role of a Christian Crusader. Also the fact that Bloom isn't really a good actor (not even relating to his Jewishness) brings the whole thing down. Using Bloom was just another tool for propaganda.

#13 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jan 30 2005, 01:45 AM)
Would you like to go to the theater and vomit?

A new movie 'Kingdom of Heaven" is about the Crusades.

Yup.

does it glorify the crusades? in a way, yes. At least some crusaders.

Leaving out the part which takes place prior to the movie, the mass slaughter of thousands of jews, liam Neeson and Orlando Bloom star as holy crusaders who after(not mentioned in the film, but in the history books) taking part in this Knights Templar adventure(genocide) aparently decide to fight the "evil bad guy crusaders" because of their holy upright ideals. "DEFEND JERUSALEM!"

Despite the fact that they could have given two shits in reality about jews, muslims, let alone PEOPLE.

The story behind this new propaganda film is that it is apologetic, suggesting that there were good crusaders who decided to rebel against the bad crusaders.

yeah, yeah, yeah....

The problem with this film was that it was so damn boring. They should have centered the film around Saladin, the only character I respected. Doing this, it would have prsented the Crusades from another perspective and would have avoided all the un-PC facts about the real crusaders that bother too many cry babies.
The fact is, as it is ever more apparent, is that Orlando Bloom is a really bad actor. He needs to stick to smaller roles. Ghassan massoud as Saladin was incredible, that guy had the best performance by far.
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size