• (3 Pages)
  • +

Best/Worst Films of 2004

#1 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

2004 was a year of A LOT of GREAT movies, good movies, and the worst movies in all of human history. Here they are;

Best Films of 2004 (Alphabetical Order)

ASSASSINATION OF RICHARD NIXOn. THE
BEYOND THE SEA
COFFEE AND CIGARETTES
FAHRENHEIT 9/11
FinDING NEVERLAND
Hero
I, ROBOT
LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVEN ZISSOU, The
MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, THE
MOTORCYCLE DIARIES, The
NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
Passion OF THE CHRIST, The
RAY
SECRET WINDOW
SUPER SIZE ME
THX 1138: The George Lucas Director's Cut
Village, The

THE WORST FILMS of 2004:(THEY SUCK, no THEY SUCK REAL BAD)
[In other words I HATE(Thats "HATE" with a capital H, "H" for Hate-Crimes and 'hate promotion' and HATRED and dirty evil satanic negative hatred for one reason or another, or because they just sucked) (As you can see the list is bigger)

ALEXANDER pinch.gif
ALIEN VS. PREDATOR wacko.gif
Aviator, The sick.gif
CATWOMAN
CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK, THE (PITCH BLACK 2)
Confessions of A Teenage Drama Queen
DAWN OF THE DEAD pinch.gif
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
HAROLD AND KUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE
HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
HellBoy
KILL BILL VOL. 2 wacko.gif
KING ARTHUR wacko.gif
LAWS OF ATTRACTION
MILLION DOLLAR BABY : pinch.gif
NATIONAL TREASURE sick.gif
NOTEBOOK, THE
OPEN WATER
POLAR EXPRESS, THE
PRINCESS DIARIES 2: Royal Engagement, The
Punisher, The
SEA INSIDE, THE
SEED OF CHUCKY
SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW wacko.gif
STARSHIP TROOPERS 2: HERO OF THE FEDERATION
SUSPECT ZERO sleeping.gif
Taking Lives
Terminal, The
Thunderbirds
TROY
WHITE CHICKS
Whole Ten Yards, The
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#2 User is offline   rock_dash Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Anime, manga, Dungeons and Dragons, Video games, other general and specific geekery

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:21 PM

You've got some movies I liked on your bad list, but I'm not gonna argue with you about those. All I ask is that you add Resident Evil: Apocalypse to the bad list.

It sickens me how many people liked that movie. unsure.gif
I finally got a sig!

Oh God, I had no idea! How can they keep it going? You mean, Return of the Children of the Corn etc? Children of the Corn 2? Children of the Corn and the Prisoner of Azkaban? I Know What You Did With The Children Of the Corn???? Yes, it's horrible!!!!
-Some guy on IMDB.com just finding out that there was more than one Children of the Corn movie

#3 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:04 PM

Don't you say anything bad about Hellboy, dammit! yell.gif

The Village? Please, movie is only good for watching once, and even then you can see the supposed "twist" coming a mile off! Napoleon Dynamite was grossly overrated, and The Passion...

I not even touching that one... pinch.gif

Other than Harry Potter and Fahrenheit 9/11, I didn't see any other movies on either list. I really wanted to see Finding Neverland and The Secret Window, though.

This post has been edited by Jane Sherwood: 03 February 2005 - 10:08 PM

Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#4 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:46 PM

Hellboy sucked. Not like the comic, crappy plot and bad acting. With plot holes galore.

Most people hate Passion of Christ for political reasons(probably like you and most people on this board). As a film, this movie is quite impressive. Quite involving and a film showing the realities of crucifixion. This film obviously did not have the effect that was intended on the Right Wing, they support torture anyway. Most right wingers loved the movie becuase the left hated it. Some however protested it. It is a work of art and it obviously is supposed to have an emotional impact on anyone who sees it. I however did hear evil bastards in the theater cheering on the torture of Christ. Pretty sick if you ask me. It made me hate torture all the more. Finally a no holds barred work of realism with an impact.

As for the village, i understand why people hate it, but I found its point at the time in which it came out compelling. I guess everybody was so arrogant about how they figured out the "suprise" that they forgot to consider what the hell the movie was actually saying, sad.

Once again, arrogance at the movies ruins it for yourself.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#5 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:47 PM

I liked the Village. Wasn't like "OMG BEST MOVIE EVAR!!!1111oneoneone", but it was decent. But I thought Harold and Kumar was really really funny. AvP sucked ass. So did White Chicks. And mucho props to Napoleon Dynamite. It's only like, the best movie about nothing ever. Gosh!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#6 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Feb 3 2005, 11:47 PM)
...movie about nothing...

I guess that's my problem.

I think the only part I really laughed at was at the end when he showed up on the horse.

This post has been edited by Jane Sherwood: 03 February 2005 - 11:51 PM

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
XD

#7 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Feb 3 2005, 11:47 PM)
I liked the Village. Wasn't like "OMG BEST MOVIE EVAR!!!1111oneoneone", but it was decent.

Well, I agree, given the amount of manure we are getting from Hollywood these days.

I actually really enjoyed the film. I may be the biggest wimp ever, but I loved it for the visuals. The scene in the woods where Ivy walks into the field of red berries was a punch in the solar plaxus for me. The contrast of earthy colours of the wood - bare branches, mud, fallen leaves, with this bright scarlet was a bloody masterpiece.

I am not sure about the "twist" in the film, because the whole settign was pretty unreal for me anyway, more like an allegory, and on that level the twist and suspense did not matter very much - I even thought at one point that the red creature in the woods was the product of Ivy's imagination.

And I loved that the only person who can achieve great things in the film was a blind girl. I find it very heatening that a disabled person and a woman can do what no man could.

#8 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:27 PM

I'd also like to add that Shaun of the Dead deserves a spot in the best movie list.

XD

#9 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:22 PM

Hello

Thought I'd chime in here.

Regarding 2004.

I have always been of the belief that the quality of movies has deteriorated DRASTICALY over the last decade or so.

2004 has let me know that that notion is not only well founded but that the process is being speeded up rabidly.

of 30 movies, I have seen that came out in 2004. Only six were I thought were of great quality.

Movies are being rushed at too quick a rate. If you cut the number of movies produced in this country by half the quality would probably jump.

{Then again, that would mean a lot of out of work people ....including myself......... whistling.gif }

#10 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:38 AM

Well, well, well, looks who's shown up here! Nice to see you Mike smile.gif

Now share the big secret with us - which of these great six films in 2004 are you responsible for, huh? I am sure that's what you've been doing when you were taking time out of the forum.

BTW, you can tell us which six you consider great. I pesonally have not notices any deterioration. Maybe the number just increased, and I am unlucky always watching those crappy ones.

#11 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:28 AM

I didn't really care for "The Village".

I don't think I can call any recent film "great" despite what the Oscars say (I mock and defy Oscar at every turn!). But if I try really hard, I can enjoy a film that I know in my heart is not brilliant.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#12 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ Feb 14 2005, 09:28 AM)
I didn't really care for "The Village".

I don't think I can call any recent film "great" despite what the Oscars say (I mock and defy Oscar at every turn!). But if I try really hard, I can enjoy a film that I know in my heart is not brilliant.

Well, I know that the village is not brilliant, becuase it got only 49 % fresh tomatoes by tomatometer. But still I love it.

After watching Xena the warrior princess on Saturday night I treated myself to the final scene from the village as an emetic.
I can say that the scene where Ivy goes through the Covington Woods alone and the "creature" hunts her is absolutely the most brilliant scene I've ever seen. I have already seen it twice, and it still gives me nightmares, irrespective of the fact that I know the plot twist. It is just so powerful. Colours, sounds and acting - everything. I just love it.

#13 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:50 PM

SInce when does lying and half truths put into a propaganda type film qualify it as one of the best?

#14 User is offline   A Link to the Past Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:56 AM

WHERE THE **** IS THE INCREDIBLES?! Did you accidentally replace it with that failure at life movie The Village?! >:|

#15 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:08 AM

Well, I can't remember when it was released, but I think that it deserves some kind of award. Sure, the plot and characters were a little basic, and mabye it's a total Fantastic Four rip-off, but the fight scenes? Holy crap, were they awesome!
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size