Chefelf.com Night Life: Favorite Final Fantasy Game? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Favorite Final Fantasy Game?

Poll: Which of the Final Fantasy titles below is your favorite, and why?

Which of the Final Fantasy titles below is your favorite, and why?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:27 PM

Sorry, my vote is now obviously changed to FFXI. biggrin.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#17 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:34 AM

I voted for Seven with ff6 a close second. Here's why.

The villains are even likeable. You may want to kill them but you still think they're cool as all fuck. Rufus had possibly one of the best deaths ever in any video game. Sephiroth, what can I say he's the man and he had a good reason to do what he did. The Turks simply rocked, hard drinking guys who love their job but aren't brutish about it. They even had a few little subquests where you get to know them.

There was real feeling in this game. I was pist when Sephiroth killed Tseng and Aeris and I wish Rufus had made it.

The mystery of Cloud and Vincent and Aeris' pasts were incredible and each character had quests that allowed you to 1 get cool items and 2 get to know them better.

The materia system was not overpowered but it was open to a few tweeks that made it a lot of fun. The inclusion of all seven fever was cool too as were some of the extra movie sequences. They put things into this game most people probably never see.

Cloud was troubled but he was never whiney like squall. I despised ff8.

Vincent was incredibly cool and he had a good reason to be brooding.

So many secrets, again I must mention all the secrets!

The music was perfect, especially Sephiroth, Aeris and Vincent's themes and the Turk's music.

I forgot to mention the song from Cloud's flashback with Tifa, the Chocobo theme, Jenova's song, the junon raid music.

I hold FF7 to be on the same level as Suikoden. They're tied for my favorite RPG ever. If any of you get a chance to play this game please do so, it will be good for your soul.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#18 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:12 AM

well,...i read through a lot of the posts,..then i looked again at the title of the topic, and began to wonder,..is this topic about favorite final fantasy game,.or favorite Squaresoft RPG?

well, I will choose to stick to the topic, although Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana are badass.

Hmm..fav Final Fantasy game?,..toughie

but taking an unbiased approach at it, with all technological differences aside,..Id have to say its a tie between Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy III.

many disregard FF III because of its lack of graphic potential when compared to more modern consoles. But Im sure this same crowd would certainly hail it as being a gem, should Square ever decide to update this installment with better graphics. Yet, I wonder why the author of this thread declined to list FFIII as being a choice within the poll.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest; some just simply disregarded it altogether as being non-canonical to the series because of its lack of a Roman numerical designation within its given title. Yes, when compared to other Final Fantasy games, it is lacking in its storyline. It almost makes you wonder if FFMQ was a title in the works by SquareSoft that was due to recieve the next ordinal number in the series, but fell short of expectations and was simply dubbed as being a side quest apartheid from the rest of the series. I own FFMQ and play it merely for entertainment value, always have..it could be that the lack of a compelling storyline makes me disregard it as being anything short of a true RPG epic.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#19 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:50 AM

Spoilers ahead!

Oh, there was a thread for this. Let's see...

Final Fantasy I (NES) - Gah.
Final Fantasy II (NES) - Gah.
Final Fantasy III (NES) - Gah. No really, gah. Nice material for 8bit Theatre, but apart from that: Gah.

Final Fantasy IV (SNES) - Nice, very nice.
Final Fantasy V (SNES) - Too.
Final Fantasy III (i.e. VI; SNES) - Ohhhh...

Hmm... I'm often saying that this one's the best, but I guess that's dependent on which part I've been playing more recently...
It was cute, it was shiny, there was mystery and I so goddamn hated Kefka, I can't count how often I reloaded just to kick that sucker's arse.
The story was deep and every character got his chance to shine and develop, the ride on the train of death and Mr. Knight's last meeting with his wife and son made me shiver for days.
I guess what I liked most about it was the feeeling somewhere in between, that all's lost and the bad guys win. I mean, fuck, Kefka ascends and tears the whole world that we traveled and came to love apart and you find yourself a year after that on a desolated island... So, yeah, add that to the terrific atmosphere, the sound and the graphics and you get...

... something that is so fuckin' close to Final Fantasy VII, that I still can't decide which is better. >.<

Final Fantasy VII (PSX, PC) - What Mr. HofMarN said. I love it. Played it for ages. Found out every secret. Saw The Last Order and Advent Children. It's just so goddamn great. Still, it's a tie. III and VII have an equally great place in my heart. wub.gif

Final Fantasy VIII (PSX, PC) - Awww, I really like this one. Yeah, so the story was a bit rough and they wanted a bit too much, but everytime I see that fife or ten or fifteen minutes long end movie, I know it was worth buying. And god, Laguna Loire was just so cool. >.<

Final Fantasy IX (PSX) - Grr. Such high expectations. Such a horrible game. It was lame. The mini games sucked. The characters sucked. The story sucked AND DAMN, that ending sucked big time! The evil guys weren't evil, they were just lame. I couldn't even like them for hating the good guys. Nuff said.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (SNES) - Gah. Sucked. Wasn't a real FF, boring as hell.

Everything after that: Mediocre or bad stuff.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#20 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Nov 7 2006, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spoilers ahead!

. Still, it's a tie. III and VII have an equally great place in my heart. wub.gif

Gobbler, yet again we agree on stuff. There was some other thread where we agreed in accord as well. Forgot what thread that was, but I was saying something to the effect about how FF games took a different direction after FF IX. Damn, babe,..I think Im beginning to sport a crush on you.

wub.gif
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

#21 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:02 AM

Heh, gettin' all mushy about FF always works with the chicks.

So, what's the humble opinion on SquareEnix other children, like Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross or Bahamut Lagoon?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#22 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:22 AM

Final Fantasy x-2

The other games lacked being able to dress girls up, that's what all games should have.

#23 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:33 AM

Chronocross and Chronotrigger were awesome. Especially the last few hours of Chronocross, the plot just wouldn't sit still. So well written.

I've never really gotten into the Final Fantasy games. True, I haven't played them much, but there's just a few things that bug me. Firstly, the random encounters. I much prefered Chronotriggers version where you could see the enemies on the map, so if you were injured and running back to town for healing, you at least had a chance to run around them. Secondly, the amount of boring leveling. I've found that in Final Fantasy, that a lot of the time my characters just aren't strong enough. Don't get me wrong, I love side quests. But I hate just wandering around a dungeon looking for more enemies to fight just so that I can be strong enough to survive more the 3 seconds in the next boss battle. Maybe it's that I'm just not that good a the games, I'm not sure.

I want to give FF6 and FF7 another go though. I think when I played them before, I just wasn't in the mood to get into the games.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#24 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:27 AM

I loved to accquire new techniques and that stuff, so I leveled up like a madman, but you could also run through the game with low level characters, it all depends on your strategy.

Squall completely dominated FF VIII, he beat the shit out of everyone while all the other characters were only there to cast aura, heal or archangel on him.

FF VII was more balanced in that respect, and I immensely enjoyed hunting the giant Weapons who were much much harder to beat than that weak one-winged Sephiroth.

Ah, good times... grargh. Now look what you've done, I guess I'm gonna play the special mode of Chrono Trigger now... you know, changin' history and all... let's see if that tomboy princess will turn into a frog if I beat the endboss a lil' bit too early...

#25 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Nov 7 2006, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Squall completely dominated FF VIII, he beat the shit out of everyone while all the other characters were only there to cast aura, heal or archangel on him.

Squall and Cloud are badass. Square needs to make a new game that features them both in it. (mimics Beavis voice) "That would rule!!. "

#26 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:09 AM

Just imagine the dialogues...

Cloud: "..."
Squall: "..."

Cloud: "You know, I was a FIRST CLASS SOLDIER back when-"
Squall: "Get outta here. dry.gif"

#27 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:36 AM

Changed my mind again.
FFXII is my favourite. smile.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#28 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Nov 7 2006, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firstly, the random encounters. I much prefered Chronotriggers version where you could see the enemies on the map, so if you were injured and running back to town for healing, you at least had a chance to run around them.

Yeah, i never liked that aspect about fighting games either. they should let you decide if you want to fight them or not. some RPGs give you the "RUN AWAY" option. but it sucks sometimes, if you choose run away, and it denies you that option and then the enemy only kicks your ass twice as hard for choosing that option, then you run out of potions and life restoration potions and then you die and youve forotten to save!!!

arrrrgghhhh yell.gif

thats like being back in grade school and getting your ass kicked at the bus stop. only you dont know that youre getting your ass kicked at the bus stop. there are no early warnings at lunchtime..."me and you,..the bus stop..3pm..and dont try to run away!" cause if you did get such warnings, youd be in the principals office trying to call your parents for a safe ride home

did i get my ass kicked in grade school? yeah sometimes. i wont lie. i think we all did at some point or another.but of course, i won my fair share of fights too, so i think i broke even. times are worse now. kids have guns in schools.

#29 User is offline   Tek Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:57 AM

I loved 6 more then 7 and I actually liked 8 more then 7 too.

But...out of the two, while I've replayed 8 more, 6 is the better FF game.

Although I am REALLY looking forwards to FFXII (HURRY UP AND COME OUT IN AUSTRALIA, YOU CUNTS! Grr!)

#30 User is offline   Kerpi Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:23 AM

i love ff6, the entire plot is amazing, characters who are insanely cool, and an evil nemesis who was completely freaking insane!
plus i love moogles, so a moogle on my team was the happiest experience of my life.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size