Chefelf.com Night Life: Lucas new statement on Midichlorians - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Lucas new statement on Midichlorians It gets worse...

#1 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:30 AM

According to theForce.net Lucas has now claimed that Anakins force powers will diminish as his limbs are lopped off in Episode III. Since Midichlorians reside in your blood, loss of blood means less Force powers. He's really rubbing our noses in it now huh? So Yoda has a tiny body mass, but really high MC density? What about a Wookie Jedi? Or even better, a Hutt Jedi? The ramifications of Lucas new statement on Midichlorians just makes me sick. Even the geeks at theForce.net forums are having a tough time explaining it.

Don't be surprised if new Star Wars games contain a "body mass" meter and a "Midichlorian density" one, scientifically calculating the Force in your characters. "Judge me by my body mass do you? You should not, for I have a very high Midichlorian density." F*****ck him!!

#2 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (HK 47 @ Jan 16 2005, 06:30 AM)
According to theForce.net Lucas has now claimed that Anakins force powers will diminish as his limbs are lopped off in Episode III. Since Midichlorians reside in your blood, loss of blood means less Force powers.

It was quite some time back now on this forum, but I'm pretty sure that someone speculated that this would be Lucas' explanation for Midichlorians and how they impacted the force. Of course it was only a piss-take then. Now, it is prophecy (if I can actually find the reference made to it that is unsure.gif )
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#3 User is offline   njamilla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Black belts: aikido, kendo, iaido, jodo. 1987 World Fencing Championships, World University Games participant. Writer: novelist, freelancer. Interestes: Renaissance, religious history, turtles.

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:01 AM

F*****ck him!!

I think you can say "Fuck him!!"

Hey, man. What's your source? wink.gif

Micichlorians. Yup, that ol' thing again. Inconsistent? No surprise there.
Author: Sword Fighting in the Star Wars Universe.

#4 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:30 AM

And I thought that they dropped that idea back in AOTC! biggrin.gif

I guess Lucas insists on having the crappiest ideas being put into the series.

Chefelf once said that the prequels sound like the stories he wrote as a lod. Well, strangely enough, I've written stuff like that as well. But the difference between me and Lucas is that I acknowledge they're stupid and put them in PRECISELY because they're dumb. So I can laugh at the stupidity I create. dry.gif

#5 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:58 AM

Another difference, as Chelfelf pointed out, is that the stories we all wrote when we were young were written by idiot children who grew up loving Star Wars, not by a man who was considered an esteemed, visionary filmmaker.

Yeah, George loves those crappy ideas. Like replacing Sebastian Shaw's ghost with Hayden Christensen - it's as though he's trying to force us to accept Hayden against our will, but instead is only giving us another reason to hate Hayden's guts.

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 16 January 2005 - 09:58 AM

I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#6 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:31 AM

I don't know how blood works. But I do know this.

Thanks to NEW LUCAS a taller fatter Jedi would be more powerful than a smaller more lean Jedi since the larger one would need more blood to live.

NEW JEDI TRAINING MANEUL-

Page 20

".... eat the fat of the meat, drink liquid lard, and never miss a meal with deep fried fat, for the fat Jedi wields greater power"

Good work Lucas.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 16 January 2005 - 10:32 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#7 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:49 AM

I think you can say "Fuck him!!" Hey, man. What's your source?

Hey, at least try to retain a decent facade via self-censorship smile.gif theForce.net had made inquiries to the OS (Official site) and that's were it was answered. I read it on the TFN forums.

Thanks to NEW LUCAS a taller fatter Jedi would be more powerful than a smaller more lean Jedi since the larger one would need more blood to live.

Exactly my point! Were are the Sumo Jedi? sick.gif

#8 User is offline   not this crude matter Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:01 AM

You guys are assuming that the more blood you have the more medi's you have. You know this is not true because yoda has a higher count then 99.9% of the other jedi in the galaxy which happen to be bigger than him. Therefore medi's cannot be measured by the amount are in one drop of blood. You have a fixed number.

#9 User is offline   azerty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:52 PM

The beauty of midichlorians is this: All those dorks who thought they could "feel the force" and had "secret jedi powers" have now had their delusions smashed. They have no midichlorians, and thus they are not really jedi knights.

Poor old Star Wars Kid - no wonder he was so useless despite his large volume of blood...

#10 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2005 - 03:26 PM

Another thing.

I've had a recurring fanatasy of a robotic Jedi ever since I was 14 years old. The fantasy was something like this: You got a Jedi who was KIA against some enemy, but just prior to the battle he had his memory copied into a computer. After his death, a special 'super' fighting robot was created and his memories placed in it. So how did my robotic friend still got to use Jedi powers? Simple. The spirit of the dead jedi manifested inside the mechanical body and managed to use it from there.

I don't know whether this is stupid or not (I'll leave that up to you) but my fantasy would never come to life given Mr. Lucas's ravings.

#11 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:17 PM

You guys are assuming that the more blood you have the more medi's you have. You know this is not true because yoda has a higher count then 99.9% of the other jedi in the galaxy which happen to be bigger than him.

You're wrong actually. Amount of blood does have impact on your Midi count, according to Lucas himself. But concentration or Midichlorian density also seems to be a factor.

----------------------

Midichlorians for dummies

Yoda: 3 pints of blood, MC count/pint = 1000
Mace: 10 pints of blood, MC count/pint = 280

Hence, Yoda is more powerful than Mace. But if Yoda would lose a leg, Mace would own him.

-----------------------

I can't believe I even wrote that wacko.gif laugh.gif

The spirit of the dead jedi manifested inside the mechanical body and managed to use it from there. don't know whether this is stupid or not (I'll leave that up to you)

Your ideas Paladin does not rely on scientific proof and are much more in the vein of the Star Wars I know and love.

#12 User is offline   not this crude matter Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:39 PM

Fuck Lucas, just listen to Qui Gonn instead.

No where in TPM does jinn say 15 000 medi's = 400 pounds of force push power
or 10 000 medi's = 300 pounds of force push power.
All he said is they help you listen to and feel the will of the force. He didnt say they help you force push shit around. Now if we are listening to lucas....all he said was after anakin gets delimbed he will lose the body parts that those medichlorians resided in. Therefore being less in tune with the force. He didnt say that you can regenerate your medi avg by gaining weight.

This post has been edited by not this crude matter: 16 January 2005 - 10:40 PM

#13 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:08 AM

So through blood transfusions someones midichlorian level can rise? This brings new meaning to my vampire drinking from a Jedi topic. Why didn't Dooku just have all of Obi Wan's midichlorians pumped into him when he had him prisoner?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#14 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:49 AM

No where in TPM does jinn say 15 000 medi's = 400 pounds of force push power
or 10 000 medi's = 300 pounds of force push power.
All he said is they help you listen to and feel the will of the force. He didnt say they help you force push shit around. Now if we are listening to lucas....all he said was after anakin gets delimbed he will lose the body parts that those medichlorians resided in. Therefore being less in tune with the force. He didnt say that you can regenerate your medi avg by gaining weight.

No, but simple reasoning leads to that conclusion. So according to you Midis have nothing to do with the powers of a Jedi? Just their ability to "listen to and feel the will of the Force"? Isn't that how Jedi gain their powers, being in tune with the Force? Lucas himself said that Anakins powers will diminish as he loses limbs. Isn't it those very same powers that help him "force push shit around"?

Fuck Lucas, just listen to Qui Gonn instead.

In case you didn't know, Lucas writes Qui-Gons dialogue. smile.gif

#15 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:10 AM

ANAKIN : Master, sir...I've been wondering...what are midi-chlorians?
QUI-GON : Midi-chlorians are a microcopic lifeform that reside within all
living cells and communicates with the Force.
ANAKIN : They live inside of me?
QUI-GON : In your cells. We are symbionts with the midi-chlorians.
ANAKIN : Symbionts?
QUI-GON : Life forms living together for mutual advantage. Without the
midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the
Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force.
ANAKIN : They do??
QUI-GON : When you learn to quiet your mind, you will hear them speaking to
you.
ANAKIN : I don't understand.
QUI-GON : With time and training, Annie...you will.

Here are the sequence of lines we are talking about that tell us all we need to know about midi-chlorians. They are life forms that live within cells. They must live within all forms of cells because it is clearly stated that life could not exist without them. As such, every living thing would have a midi-chlorian count of some description. The idea presented by Lucas is that the higher the concentration of midi-chlorians within a given cell the greater the force use potential.

As such, what he says about the loss of limbs etc would make sense in terms of loss of force potential as the overall number of midi-chlorians would be reduced. By the same token however, a being of higher cellular density or larger mass (thus comprising of more cells that would contain midi-chlorians) would also be stronger in force potential.

Based on this, and as someone mentioned somewhere along the way, a Wookie with a high midi-chlorian count would be a devastating thing indeed.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size